PDA

View Full Version : It's National Jelly Bean Day...

KPH
April 22nd, 2018, 05:54 PM
Wouldn't you just know it, I ran out of jelly beans on National Jelly Bean Day! But that's Okay, I still have cupcakes.

National Jelly Bean Day is a time to enjoy gobs and gobs of jelly beans. Anyone who loves jelly beans, knows they are not just for Easter. Sure, they are very popular at Easter. But, they are also enjoyed year round. The flavors are limited only by the imagination of candy makers. If you've never enjoyed the multitude of flavors in a box of gourmet jelly beans, the we suggest you head right out to the store and buy some.

Jelly beans date back to at least the 1860's. Advertisements promoted sending jelly beans to Union troops fighting in the Civil War. The original candy maker is unknown.

Hulamoon
April 22nd, 2018, 06:06 PM
I love Jellybelly's. My girls and I would do which flavor is that game. Tomorrow is World book day!

Sandy Navas
April 22nd, 2018, 06:11 PM
Jelly Belly COCONUT, COFFEE, and POPCORN flavors. Yup!

Patty J
April 23rd, 2018, 06:52 PM
Give me black jelly beans, Brachs Classic. Oh my, now I'm hungry for jelly beans.

jjkaiser
April 23rd, 2018, 07:04 PM
I love jelly beans, any color even black, and ONLY Brach's Classic. So why are they so hard to find? I could buy a cart full of Skittle or Jelly Belly brands and lots of others, but they don't taste like the real thing to me!!

Patty J
April 24th, 2018, 11:48 AM
Oh oh, jjkaiser, I had that same problem, no classics to be found. My DIL came over on Mon. after Easter with 2 bags of Brachs classic beans. Said she got the last 2 at the store. I can't believe that she found them and brought them to me!! I feel like a very lucky lady. Of course I ate them all up already. :(

geegeequilts
April 24th, 2018, 03:55 PM
LOVE jelly beans!!!!! Except the black ones. Eeww. Now I want jelly beans. Good thing DH always calls on his way home from work asking if we need anything. maybe I should ask for......LOL. Since I don't go to the store much I wonder if there are any left on the shelves.

Gina