PDA

View Full Version : The Return of Frankenstein

Sharyn J
April 22nd, 2018, 01:05 PM
Yup, thatís me, Frankenstein. Just dropped in to say hello and thank all my forum friends for your kind wishes, prayers and encouragement. They finally let me out of the hospital from my Friday the 13th adventure. Although I received great care, I donít wish to do it again anytime soon.

Iím able to stand and walk a little with the help of a walker. I look like Frankenstein trying to walk, or at best, a baby learning to walk. Itís been two months since my drug reaction and I sure hope this tendonitis crap goes away soon. Of course, they want me to go to therapy for this, but I need to be able to walk to get there! Duh, what are they thinking?

Iím breathing much better and got my oxygen levels straightened out. The home nurse will be here Monday to check on me. I finally got some sleep last night. Hard to believe what lack of sleep does to onesí body and mind.

Iím not happy with this new change of life style: oxygen forever, a severe change in doing things for myself and having to rely on others. Iím used to giving directions, not taking them, however itís much better than the alternative! Iím going go give it a sincere try and it may or may not work. Itís possible that a beast may show up here next time. LOL

Oh, and just for your amusement: The Quilt Police have nothing on these guys. The hospital has ďcaffeine copsĒ and ďsalt cops.Ē I kid you not! Someone left a package of salt on my dinner tray by mistake. Youíd think that I was possessed grabbing for that tiny little package. And coffee without caffeine is like some kind of twisted sick humor.

Thanks again for your support. Sending prayers and healing thoughts to all in need.

jjkaiser
April 22nd, 2018, 01:33 PM
Welcome home and welcome back! Jeez you have been through a lot. I must have missed your original post cause I don't remember how or why you were originally hospitalized. Still, it must feel good to be sprung from that jail even though they still have you on a tight leash.

KPH
April 22nd, 2018, 02:06 PM
So glad to hear from you. I've been keeping my eyes open for an updated report.

Learning how to depend on others is a hard lesson for independent folks. Let me tell you!

Praying for continued healing because we don't want that beast to come back!

Debbie Watters
April 22nd, 2018, 03:30 PM
Welcome home! Hoping that all goes well and your health continues to improve! Take care ...

Simply Quilting
April 22nd, 2018, 03:42 PM
Welcome back home :) I hope that you continue to improve daily.

The “caffeine cops” and “salt cops.” sounds like what one of the city hospitals has put in where there is no regular soda pop anywhere in the hospital but diet soda pop everywhere which is actually worse than regular soda pop. And don't even think about trying to sneak in regular soda pop. My friend who was in the hospital was having big time withdrawals.

GuitarGramma
April 23rd, 2018, 01:05 AM
Sharyn, you have been through the ringer! Those Cipro antibiotics can be awful! I don't understand how doctors can prescribe them so frequently when the side effects can be so devastating, as you well know.

Glad that you're out of the hospital, and I pray that you'll recover quickly.

Blondie
April 23rd, 2018, 06:51 AM
Sharyn! So happy you are back. Reactions to meds are one of the scariest things I can think of. Life really can change on a dime. One day at a time. Blessings to you, gentle hugs and SMILES.

KarenC
April 23rd, 2018, 07:14 AM
Glad to have you back home. Keep practicing that walking every day. You've been through a lot, but you have the right attitude for a speedy recovery.

Cathy F
April 23rd, 2018, 07:16 AM
Glad to hear you are home. Sending good wishes for a good recovery!

Star lover
April 23rd, 2018, 07:25 AM
With your can do attitude, you'll be fine.......even in the midst of sooooo much, you found some sunshine. ....... you even have me a smile! Take care of yourself and everything will be the best it can be. To bad the salt and caffeine police didn't look like your EMT hotties! Love and hugs!

Bubby
April 23rd, 2018, 08:37 AM
Hang in there. You can do this!

MRoy
April 23rd, 2018, 08:47 AM
Welcome home! Hope your recovery is speedy now that you're back at home.

Monique
April 23rd, 2018, 09:11 AM
Sharyn, glad you are home and on the 'mend'. Life does change in the blink of eye sometimes.

Sending prayers and healing thoughts to YOU!!

Carolyn
April 23rd, 2018, 10:54 AM
I know you are excited to be home, enjoying a little peace and quiet from hospital life. One step(so to speak) at a time and you will find yourself well on the road to recovery. As for physical therapy, it is my opinion that it is prescribed for anything nowadays.

geegeequilts
April 24th, 2018, 04:01 PM
Glad you are on the mend. Hospitals are no place to be & that's a fact. And it's okay if you have an "attitude" every once in a while you deserve it.

Salt substitute is barely okay. Sugar sub is not. Coffee without caffeine is okay. But coffee without cream AND sugar for me is just wrong!!!

Gina