PDA

View Full Version : It's Friday right?

Monique
April 20th, 2018, 09:18 AM
I have lost my mind. I was sure today was Saturday and I even went so far as to change the time and date on my computer. Oh Lord help me!!

Now that I know today is Friday I remember what I did yesterday. My pump got fixed, as it turned out to be an easy fix but by someone who knew what they were doing. Thank goodness I have a friend who can do just about anything. Then Les and I went to town as he had a few bills to pay. Stopped at Canadian Tire and bought a new lawn mower. If you use your credit card, you make monthly payments with NO interest, pretty sweet deal. Then it was off to Giant Tiger to buy some new tops with gift cards I received. I never did touch the quilt. I took the finished quilt over to show Elaina and her parents what we had worked on. She couldn't believe that I had finished mine. So I invited her over to use my machine and we worked on her blocks. At one point she did try to sew her finger but it was only a scratch and she was fine. Then she wanted to iron so I sewed and she ironed. We got 16 blocks made. She stayed for dinner as well.

Now that I realize it IS Friday, hubby will be off soon to have the winter tires taken off and summer ones put on.

Tomorrow is a busy day, auction sale in the morning, birthday party in the afternoon and a stag tomorrow night. Sunday I have a rally to attend and then will have a wee visit with my brother. And another busy week next week.

So on that note, have a wonderful FRIDAY and a great weekend. And SMILE too along the way.

Star lover
April 20th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Good morning Monique and all who'll follow......

Yes, Friday......this week has just flown by! Not sure why, it just has.

Had an earthquake here last night about 8. Lived through it........well it was a 3.6, so not much by California standards, but it was something. Funny thing is I didn't know it was an earthquake until this am on the news. We have lots of construction going on and I thought it was something to do with that......nope......

Hope you have fun this weekend Monique, sounds like you're super busy! Enjoy what you can.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend as well! Hugs for those struggling.

I too have tried to contact Sugar (redcaboose.....Jacqueline) and haven't heard anything.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 20th, 2018, 11:22 AM
Good morning Monique and all who'll follow......

Yes, Friday......this week has just flown by! Not sure why, it just has.

Had an earthquake here last night about 8. Lived through it........well it was a 3.6, so not much by California standards, but it was something. Funny thing is I didn't know it was an earthquake until this am on the news. We have lots of construction going on and I thought it was something to do with that......nope......

Hope you have fun this weekend Monique, sounds like you're super busy! Enjoy what you can.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend as well! Hugs for those struggling.

I too have tried to contact Sugar (redcaboose.....Jacqueline) and haven't heard anything.

I heard there was an earthquake in Windsor, Ontario 3.6. Not a strong one, but they said because it was not far down only 5km, it felt stronger. We get some rattles along the Ottawa valley, but nothing to crumble buildings.

Carolnnc
April 20th, 2018, 02:06 PM
DH is off the next three days & we are not off to a good start. I frustrated him first thing this morning so I figured I'll leave him alone the rest of the day. Mr. Laid Back and Mrs. OCD can make for an interesting marriage! I tell everyone the reason he's stayed married to me for over 30 yrs. is he can't stand change. Sometimes it's hard to be a couple but I sure wouldn't switch him out for a new one.

I was hoping to put a quilt sandwich together today but the temperature isn't going above the mid 50's so that goes on hold. I have a new Eleanor Burns DVD that I'll watch this evening. I'm hoping to make a couple of her quilts. She explains things so I can follow along & have success.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Bubby
April 20th, 2018, 03:44 PM
Hi Everyone.....Jeff took the day off to go turkey hunting. He's home but he didn't get his bird today.

Monique, I cracked up when I read about you changing the time on your computer!

I made a flying trip to Walmart for food and a few other things. A group was selling Krispy Crème donuts for charity and I bought a dozen to bring home for Jeff. Of course I thought I could handle eating one. After eating half of it I felt just awful. Diabetes never gives you a break. I'm guzzling water the rest of the day.

Hang in there, Carol. Men can be so difficult. Jeff has the perfect temperament for me 99.9% of the time. I frustrate him sometimes because I'm so detail oriented. Every pot has a lid, and Jeff is mine.

I believe Dottie is feeling a bit better since our trip to the vet Monday. She sure is taking more potty breaks than before.

Wishing everyone a good day....Hugs

MaggieSue
April 20th, 2018, 08:14 PM
Good evening, my computer took a break today. Took it into the shop the wireless component in my computer is shot. So the most economical fix was a wireless jump drive (very small). Not sure that's what it is called but it plugs in the side and works like a charm. I guess I could just hard wire it but, that is in another room. So I am up and running. Doing the happy dance!!!