PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already

Blondie
April 18th, 2018, 07:22 AM

Hello Folksies

Wednesday. I like the sound of it. I always have. Not necessarily because it's the middle of the week. I don't actually like the days going by so fast. I just like the sounds of Wednesday. All the silent letters I reckon. I even remember when I was a youngun in school how proud I was when I could spell it when called on. Oh, what a smarty pants I felt like. I was sitting next to Mike McCoy for years it seemed. I used to help him read. And he would help my math. Both of us lacked skills in those distinct areas. I still can't do math very well. I manage the basics but even those seem to elude me. I can read the heckfire shoot out of anything - don't always retain or understand it these days - especially if it is technical stuff because it is like a different language - but mercy! can I read! Even as young ones, Mike was a cutie pie. He and his 5 brothers were jocks and it seemed they all went to school to play sports. In 5th grade he called me to be on his softball team in PE. In High School, he was the school quarterback and I couldn't have been prouder. He and Cynthia Hall, who was a cheerleader, were the golden couple. Every school has a couple like that I know. They were so lovely together.

I dreamt of Mike McCoy last night and it was such a fun dream! We were kids again and well, do you ever have a dream so very real you could just believe it was actually happening? It was almost like deja vu! There was Mike, trying to read and he stuttered so badly and when he got to certain words, he would sorta spit them out. No seriously, spit. Not on purpose or anything. And then a memory or two that I had forgotten about that made me remember how appreciative I was he was my friend as we grew up. Because he had 5 brothers, he always wanted a sister. I remembered in my dream Mike telling me in class one day that I would always be his sister and to never worry he would keep me safe. I remember he said That's what brother do. What a sweet dream. I very rarely remember my dreams so when I do I relish the good ones. That one is a keeper for so many more moments than I have shared here. I look at dreams like these as visits from my dear ones, since Mike passed away in his late 30's. He had a good life, even though it was short. He played college football and then pro for a while. I followed his career, until injuries took him out. He went on to be a PE coach.

Maybe I dreamt of Mike because one of his brothers has stayed in touch with me. I don't know. It's just that dream was soooo vivid, pleasant. Sigh. Wish I could've stayed sleeping longer. Memories like that are worth keeping.

Will try to get back in here this week and read to get caught up. I've been down at Mom's a lot this week - doing some yard clean up before we can do the actual clean up. The wind has really been blowing strongly which has made a big mess. Then I am with the kids. Had to work yesterday and again this morning. Unusual to be in the shop each day for a week but it happens now and then.

And who was it that said they had found a good baffler for squirrels or feeder? How did you do that? I also intend to get a few slinkys and try them out.

Smile! It is so good for your heart and soul.

KPH
April 18th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Good Morning All,

I woke this morning from a sad dream. It seems like a lot of death is going around and it invaded my sleep. My heart is heavy for the Bush family this morning. She was a strong woman of faith and I appreciated her values.

Today is day two of errands. The vibe has a radio issue we're going to try to get fixed today. We need to pick up tickets for the Shrine Circus. Then at 2 we're hitting the eye dr. for new glasses. Mike's lenses are horrible and my frames are bent out of shape.

I called and cancelled family dinner because of the eye appts. Tomorrow is home school, then I can get back to finishing up the baby quilts. Mike works Thurs- Sun. so I'll have plenty of time on my hands.

I hope everyone is starting to warm up. It's chilly this morning, but will be in the low 80s this afternoon.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Ginny B
April 18th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Good morning Blondie. What a wonderful dream you had. I know what you mean about feeling like you've been visited in your dreams by someone. And those dreams stay very vivid and memorable. I had one of those after my first son was born. I was up in NY visiting with my family when I was pregnant with Johnny. My uncle (mom's brother) was very sick with kidney disease and in the hospital and I was going to go and visit with him with my grandmother while I was there. I was not feeling very well (morning sickness and just overall tiredness). My mom and Nanny were concerned about me going to the hospital to see him when I was feeling so poorly and also considering I was traveling back home to Virginia the next day (my husband was in the Navy at the time), they said that it would be fine if I stayed home since I'd be back in just a few weeks for the holidays and I'd see him then. So I didn't go. The next day as I was flying home, something went terribly wrong with his pacemaker and he went into cardiac arrest and passed away. Boy did I feel so bad and a bit guilty about not going to visit him. Well fast forward to a few weeks after my son was born and I had this dream in which my Uncle Bill came and spoke to me and said that I should stop feeling bad about not visiting him in the hospital. There was no reason to feel guilty. He said he thought my son was a beautiful little boy and that he loved me and when I woke up I felt such peace and have carried that with me all these years.

My thoughts and prayers are with the Bush family today. I think I'll wear my pearls today.

Well, I've got to get scooting this morning. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Monique
April 18th, 2018, 09:06 AM
Good morning everyone. I have had such dreams. On the odd occasion my father visits me.

I had a rather quiet day yesterday. Laundry and then did some sewing. Make some turkey soup. I have been itching to make the keyhole quilt from last week's tutorial. Found a jelly roll and started. I got a visit from my little friend across the street. She came with the most beautiful bouquet of flowers. She stayed for a bowl of soup and then we sewed. She helped me on the keyhole blocks. We got carried away and then Mom called, lol, looking for her. So she picked out some fabric, I cut the sizes for her and she went home with a bag filled so she can make her own blocks. Homework I told her, and she said she liked that kind of homework.

So last night I arranged all the pieces that will be sewn together. That is what I will be working on today.

Katrina, I had to look up who had passed away. May she rest in peace.

Have a blessed day everyone.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 18th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Good morning Blondie and all that follow.
I look to my dreams as an indication of something going on in my life, or lives of family. My mom always told me that when you dream of death, or persons who are dead, that there will be a new beginning. Persons who have passed are sending messages that we need to figure out, and they are asking for our prayers.

For years, I used to have a nightmarish dream of a neighbourhood bully. I would wake up with a jabbing pain in my back. Then in my 30s it stopped. I had not followed his path as we moved away. Then my mom told me that he had been incarcerated since his 20s and he had died in prison, stabbed in the back by another inmate. I never had that dream again. Was it premonition? Freaky moment. Sorry for gruesome.

I had a busy day, picking up more donations from my daughter for my mom's residence garage sale. The RAV was filled to the brim. My friend told me she got rid of all her Mary Kay products, as she no longer sells. She said have a look and take what you need. I found mascaras and a few lipsticks for me, and eyebrow pencils for my mom. My son is interested in a few shaving creams and gel, and colognes. But the bonus was little foot care packages, all cute perfect for the grandkids for mani/pedicure dates, and little make up bags with brushes. They will have fun. I sent all the remainder, 3 full boxes of MK to the same. Dropped that off, then went to Costco. What a crazy place.

Then the electrician came and finished replacing the outlets and switches. It looks nice and everything in the house matches now.

Today, my girlfriend Dorothy is picking me up. We will go for her birthday coffee, then she is bringing me to help cut the batting and backing for next month's Victoria quilts. I am really glad that the weather will warm up by the weekend. Our guild has rented a bus for Saturday and we will be going on a shop hop a few hours away.

We have been watching the weather channel and see that there were 2 tornadoes in Virginia, fires in Oklahoma, snow in Wisconsin and yesterday in Denver, strong winds. I hope everyone is safe. Enjoy your day, and may it be blessed.

grammaterry
April 18th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Oh today is going to be a glorious spring day in the 70's. I am just so excited I can't decide what I'm going to do.
Dreams are funny things. Lately I dream of quilting and I get jpretty frustrated. But as I was FMQing yesterday I realized I had just done this quilt the night before in my dream. Hummm. Your dream seems more fun.
I'm off. This forum is moving too slow for reading and posting. Maybe it will clear up later today

grammaterry
April 18th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Oh today is going to be a glorious spring day in the 70's. I am just so excited I can't decide what I'm going to do.
Dreams are funny things. Lately I dream of quilting and I get jpretty frustrated. But as I was FMQing yesterday I realized I had just done this quilt the night before in my dream. Hummm. Your dream seems more fun.
I'm off. This forum is moving too slow for reading and posting. Maybe it will clear up later today

MissMay
April 18th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Blondie, Funny you should mention your dream as I had one early this morning, someone was giving me a stack of postage stamps. Nothing interesting but it did remind me we need some stamps.

Quiet week this week as DS#1 and DS#2 are out of town, DS#2 and DIL went to visit their new grandson and DS#1 is in Honduras on a medical mission. DS#3 lives in CA and his wife works for Southwest airlines so they are pretty upset about the tragedy. Prayers for that poor woman's family.

I'm dillydallying this morning but better get moving as we have lots of errands to run today. We need to take advantage of the non raining day and get them done. Have to remember my dream's reminder and stop at the Post Office for stamps.

My sister's were over for lunch on the weekend and they brought the whole meal with them, soup, chicken dish, veggies, fresh Italian bread and cookies, mmm good. Since they were picking up our cousin Ann on the way here I made her favorite custard rice pudding, that was good too. DH and I enjoyed the leftovers for the next few days. The rice pudding was the first to be finished. I really love it but don't make it often as I could live on it for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snacks so I only make it when we have company so there is only a little leftover for me to devour.

ATTACH=CONFIG]151921[/ATTACH]

pcbatiks
April 18th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Good morning forum friends. The sun is shining & the weather is great today.....so I will be mowing our yard & the neighbors yard in a little while.

May, I thought of you this weekend. Remember when you got your leather furniture...I asked you about it. Well guess what we found this past weekend at an estate sale. They had a chair, ottoman & sofa in near perfect condition. We originally planned to buy just the chair & ottoman. But after we saw how nice it was we knew we would regret not getting the sofa too. Loving the new furniture so far! Here's a couple of pictures from the estate sale of our latest estate sale find. Estate sales aren't just for finding fabric! :D
151922 151923

Hope everyone has a great day. I better get to mowing before it gets too hot.

KPH
April 18th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Good morning forum friends. The sun is shining & the weather is great today.....so I will be mowing our yard & the neighbors yard in a little while.

May, I thought of you this weekend. Remember when you got your leather furniture...I asked you about it. Well guess what we found this past weekend at an estate sale. They had a chair, ottoman & sofa in near perfect condition. We originally planned to buy just the chair & ottoman. But after we saw how nice it was we knew we would regret not getting the sofa too. Loving the new furniture so far! Here's a couple of pictures from the estate sale of our latest estate sale find. Estate sales aren't just for finding fabric! :D
151922 151923

That gray chair and ottoman remind me of one of Grandma Mac's chairs. It was the one chair the grands could do anything to and it was still fine.

KPH
April 18th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Say a prayer, Lord knows I'm going to need it, or go to jail one. DS#2 is putting in stereo speakers and fussing and fuming while he's hunting for things DH has. Let's not even go into the fact, I bought the stuff to fix a couple of shelves to organize all this stuff and neither one of the darling brats will hang it up so I can sort it all out (which they promised to do a few weeks ago).

I need to find a good handyman!

toggpine
April 18th, 2018, 01:50 PM
It is spring break week here. We have several errands to run today, and then I need to get back into the sewing room. I have been dumping things in there for awhile now and there is no more room to move. I started yesterday with clearing out, and wow! I have some work to do in there!
I have pretty vivid dreams too. Sometimes there are people I know, and other times, it like I have been dropped into someone else's life for a brief window in time. I dream in color and I can "feel" textures and temperatures.
The most recent one I remember was I reached out to touch someone's arm/shoulder and they were wearing a red buffalo plaid shirt and it was warm and it was soft cotton flannel, not the fuzzier, wool kind. It kind of weirded me out when I woke up. It was so real that I haven't forgotten it. No idea who it was, only that I reached out to put a comforting hand on them.

I had better get on with the errand running or my week will be gone and things will still be left to do!
Make it a great day! Hugs, Cathy

EnumclawGramma
April 18th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Good Morning (still here for a little bit!) I'm getting a slow start today, just now finishing my coffee. We're going into Seattle today for a friends Anniversary of his coffee shop and then to his home for dinner. I would really much rather stay home and putter and sew, but the sun is shining and it's a good reason to get out in it! We've got so many yard projects this year, and I'm really getting tired of waiting for a good stretch of dry weather. It just isn't happening. I remember when I was young, it didn't matter. Working in the rain actually made it easier because you didn't over heat. I was complaining to my daughter the other night about this endless rain and she said "Remember Mama, April showers....." Ah! That's right! So we're halfway there!
Blondie, I really enjoy coming on and seeing your ramblings once again. You've really been missed! I don't often post, but I'm reading all of it! Happy to see how your life is so full of all good things.....***HUGS***

Happy Wednesday all!

MissMay
April 18th, 2018, 09:55 PM

151922 151923

Great find Pam, love the color. Hope you enjoy it as much as we enjoy the leather sectional we bought several years ago. It still looks great and its color, Espresso Brown, still looks lovely.

JCY
April 19th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Good Evening ~ I'm late getting here, but I'll post in the event my laptop is not working right in the morning. I picked it up from the shop at 5:30 this afternoon. Things were working ok at the shop & when I first set it up at home. But...I got that same msg. on the screen that I'd had last week when all these problems started. Soooo....

Yest. we had horrific winds! The temp. was 78 deg., but the winds that accompanied the cold front moving in were some of the worst I've seen in the 40 yrs. we've lived here. Our town had 80 mph gusts. Our garbage toters blew out into the front yard once; DH put them back in the corner by the garage door. (They're too big to go in the garage out of the wind.) A while later, they blew over again & were headed for the neighbor's driveway. I managed to wrestle them behind the fence so they couldn't blow away. Another neighbor's patio table (glass top, metal legs) was blown over. Somewhere in town a tree blew down, taking off their porch. Denver area had many trees/branches down. Some areas were without power. It was a dangerous driving day for high profile vehicles, esp. empty 18 wheelers. Also blowing dust made visibility poor. I saw on the news where other parts of the country are having snow storms. What crazy spring weather.

I was saddened to hear about Barbara Bush's death. She was quite a lady. The huge flag that flies at our Perkins Restaurant was at half staff today.

I'm not getting much sewing done. Occasional FMQ, but it's slow progress. The laptop issue has taken front & center.

Well, it will soon be my bedtime. Hi to everyone.