PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday morning greetings

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 17th, 2018, 09:24 AM
We seem to have survived the ice storm that had been pounding since Sunday. We had flickers and bleeps of power. There were outages around the capital, but restoration is not expected to be long lasting. With the temperatures expected to rise, the ice was sliding off the metal roof. There is risk of flooding in areas by the river, but nothing like last year's flood. Oh Spring, where art thou hiding?

Yesterday and weekend was productive decluttering. The back of the car is filled with bags for donating. Then I picked up boxes from my girlfriend, all for my mom's residence charity sale. I will also pick up more items from my daughter to give. We are fortunate to have a lot, too much. The lady who cleans my house took some of the larger pots and dishes - suitable for corn roasts and BBQs. We just don't entertain like that any more. So I will be dropping off later this morning, after my few cups of coffee.

It was a girls' night out for one of our girlfriend's birthday last week. She's the youngest of all of us at 59. Since the weather was awful, the restaurant was nice and quiet.

The electrician will be coming back this aft, to finish replacing outlets and switches. We hired a company to replace 4 posts on our fence. Work date to be determined, once ground unthaws. We have had an estimate to replace front and patio doors. We are getting another quote next week. I am glad these repairs are getting scheduled. Things pile up if you don't do them when needed.

I'm hoping to sew a bit this aft. I hope everyone has a good day.

KPH
April 17th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Great minds! I must have been typing the same time you were!

Monique
April 17th, 2018, 09:52 AM
And I was too!!