PDA

View Full Version : Sunday morning hello's

grammaterry
April 15th, 2018, 10:32 AM
Pouring rain here in western north Carolina but its 60 degrees. Weatherman says it will be 30 tonight with snow. Hummm. I think I'll go quilt up some Shriner projects this morning and communicate with the Lord. It is so quiet and peaceful in my quilting world.
Yesterday I washed windows and worked in the yard. I upset DH making too much noise (I was outside moving the ladder to wash the windows) and scared off the turkeys that he wanted to hunt. He is giving me the silent treatment. I've decided to give it back to him this time. I feel like he is sometimes a spoiled brat. So yesterday was a sad and depressing day and I'm not looking forward to another one. It is sad to me that someone can enjoy being angry.
I really love my kitchen cabinets being all organized and restored. Amazing. It looks so new and clean. Now I'm dreaming of countertops.
Well;, the cat has just plopped down on my lap , so I'm going to enjoy my time with him.

Monique
April 15th, 2018, 11:06 AM
Good morning everyone. Well we haven't gotten the 'bad' weather they have called for (so far). We did stay in yesterday at least hubby did. I got a drive to town to pick up the van as hubby had a 'late' night and got driven home. Not much happened. I am still looking something to put all my feet and frequently used sewing tools. I started a zip up tray pouch that I think will fit the bill. I think I shall finish that up today.

Tomorrow I am headed to Ottawa with Bonnie and a little retail therapy if the weather allows. She has to take her son back home. We shall see what tomorrow brings.

I have a turkey in the oven. Looking forward to a turkey meal later today.

Have a great Sunday everyone.

Claire Hallman
April 15th, 2018, 11:46 AM
Great Sunday to you all.
We had lots ro rain yesterday and all night but the sun seems want to come out, hope it makes it.
I started putting strips together for the keyhole quilt yesterday, I plan on getting it cut today. I had two small jelly rolls and a hash-tag jelly roll that coordinated with both. I was going to make two lap quilts but think I will change one group to the Jordan fabrics table runner instead. It will look very different since the colors are springy instead of civil war tones. I do hate to waste all that extra that is cut off so will check out the binding tool one and see if that will get the same basic result. Off to view that video.:D
Have a lovely day and upcoming week.

Ginny B
April 15th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Good morning. Very different morning here today than it was yesterday. It's cloudy, chilly and breezy. Yesterday was a beautiful day and we spent it outdoors starting our spring clean up finally. Got a lot done. Today we will go to my sister's and water plants, check mail and pick up a few things to send to her. They didn't expect to be there this long but now with her bil being in the hospital and things being so unstable with him, well they just don't know when they can come home. After we do that we will probably stop at a garden center on the way home. I need some bird food and we may pick up some seeds while we are there. Then it will be sewing room time. :) . I've got today's dinner all set to go so less time in the kitchen. Tonight I will settle myself on the couch to enjoy the ACM's.

Terry, isn't it great when you get a room all nice and organized! We recently reorganized our bedroom in preparation for some new windows/door being installed. Did some prying while we were at it and I think I sleep better in there now. Lol .I know it will get a bit disorganized again when the windows actually go in but it will be so much easier to get it back in shape when the work is done. I'm sorry about your being given the silent treatment. My first husband used to do that.

Monique, glad you didn't get the bad weather. Hope it holds off so you and Bonnie can have a nice day together tomorrow. I don't make turkey other than around Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. I don't know why. We like it and I wouldn't have to make ALL the side dishes that we have at Thanksgiving. Enjoy (oh, but don't tell Terry's hubby that you are having turkey).

I hope everyone has an enjoyable, peaceful, relaxing, rejuvenating Sunday.

Ginny B
April 15th, 2018, 11:58 AM
Good morning. Very different morning here today than it was yesterday. It's cloudy, chilly and breezy. Yesterday was a beautiful day and we spent it outdoors starting our spring clean up finally. Got a lot done. Today we will go to my sister's and water plants, check mail and pick up a few things to send to her. They didn't expect to be there this long but now with her bil being in the hospital and things being so unstable with him, well they just don't know when they can come home. After we do that we will probably stop at a garden center on the way home. I need some bird food and we may pick up some seeds while we are there. Then it will be sewing room time. :) . I've got today's dinner all set to go so less time in the kitchen. Tonight I will settle myself on the couch to enjoy the ACM's.

Terry, isn't it great when you get a room all nice and organized! We recently reorganized our bedroom in preparation for some new windows/door being installed. Did some purging while we were at it and I think I sleep better in there now. Lol .I know it will get a bit disorganized again when the windows actually go in but it will be so much easier to get it back in shape when the work is done. I'm sorry about your being given the silent treatment. My first husband used to do that.

Monique, glad you didn't get the bad weather. Hope it holds off so you and Bonnie can have a nice day together tomorrow. I don't make turkey other than around Thanksgiving and Christmas celebrations. I don't know why. We like it and I wouldn't have to make ALL the side dishes that we have at Thanksgiving. Enjoy (oh, but don't tell Terry's hubby that you are having turkey).

I hope everyone has an enjoyable, peaceful, relaxing, rejuvenating Sunday.

JulieC
April 15th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Good Morning! It started raining yesterday afternoon while I was at my LQS (20% off fabric sale, yay!), and the rain hasn't let up since. Weather said it would be 62 today, but it's almost Noon and still in the 30's. It got up to 80 or so on Friday, it was wonderful!

I'm having a bit of an email war with my sister in Texas this morning. She does not approve of my plan to clear out Mom's backyard, which is very neglected. Mom can't use the yard as it is now; if I get it cleaned up, she can enjoy it. Why shouldn't she be able to enjoy her own yard? It's not like I'm contracting for an outdoor living space -- whatever gets taken out will be replaced with grass. That's it. Nothing fancy. I want a nice, clean slate for whoever owns the house next. If it were up to the Texas sister, she'd let the house and yard go until it was time to sell and put it on the market as a fixer-upper. Good thing I'm the one with power of attorney!

I'm hoping M* gets their website back up soon -- it was down for maintenance earlier. I tried to place an order when it came back up, but couldn't finish the process because the payment part of the site was still down. :icon_cry:

Wishing everyone a restful Sunday.

Bubby
April 15th, 2018, 01:28 PM
Hi Everyone....We had a productive day working at the apartments yesterday. The new carpet was installed Friday and everything has been repainted. We changed out some light fixtures but have quite a few more things to get done before it's ready to rent.

I would like to ask prayer for our Dottie. Her breathing has been quite bad the last few days. I want to take her to the vet tomorrow in hopes she needs her meds adjusted, but we just did that less than a month ago with no improvement. We have been hoping she would be one of the lucky ones who live several years with Congestive Heart Failure.

It's spitting snow here and it's been a cold wintry day. I made some French toast and bacon for a late breakfast. I plan to make eggplant parmesan for dinner. Jeff isn't wild for it but he will eat it and leave me all of the leftovers...yay! Sometimes I have to cook things that make me happy, too.

No sewing going on right now. I hope everyone is having a sweet Sunday. Terry, hang in there with your Hubby. Do something that makes you smile.....Hugs

Simply Quilting
April 15th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Good afternoon. We had a beautiful 80 degree Thursday, then Friday was nice (we could have a homeschooling park day in the morning). We avoided the storms they were predicting for our area. The temperatures started dropping steadily on Friday night. On Saturday night, we started having snow and it continued today. At first, things were just warm enough to melt the snow as it hit the ground. Then it started to ice with snow on top.

I've been so busy with other things that I have not spent time sewing the last two weeks. I am hoping that will change this week. I have several projects in mind to work on.

Barb, lifting Dottie up in prayers. And prayers for you and Jeff.

Have a safe Sunday everyone :)

MRoy
April 15th, 2018, 03:11 PM
Good Sunday afternoon! It's a gloomy, rainy KY day....getting colder as the afternoon goes on. I bought 6 ferns for my porches at the Amish flower auction on Friday when it was almost 80 degrees. Now they're in the basement because it's supposed to be freezing cold tonight. I'm hoping I can put them back out by Wednesday and leave them there! I aslo need to get a new spring wreath to dress up my front door. I could make one, but I'm not in the crafty mood.

KPH
April 15th, 2018, 03:49 PM
Good Morning All, (well, late afternoon)

I've had a busy day, Sunday School (DS#1 was teaching), preaching, a short break, lunch, and then Sing class. Holy cow, I didn't realize how out of shape my voice was. Weather alerts are going off around here. Tornado watch, thunder storm watch, all heading in this direction. I hope DS#2 gets home before all of that starts, but I doubt it.

Found out today there's another baby shower in the church coming up in two weeks. I have a jelly roll that I'm going to do the key hole quilt with. Then I'll have 3 baby quilts ready to finish. Monday is Mike's day off, so I see adding border fabrics and backings to my list of things to pick up (for 2 of them anyway).

I hope everyone has a safe day out of the weather.

Cokie
April 15th, 2018, 05:37 PM
Rainy day here too. Woke up with a migraine so not much has been accomplished today. Need to put some laundry in the washer and I'd like to do a little baking. I doubt I'll get any sewing done today. Barb, I am thinking of your sweet Dottie. Hope everyone stays safe - the weather is so unpredictable this time of year. Today is my oldest son's birthday. He is in California so no celebrating together. :( He kind of has his own life out there but seems to be happy, which is the most important thing. I just miss him.

Wishing everyone a good week! Halfway thru April already - where is the year going??

Navy Wife
April 15th, 2018, 06:52 PM
We had 2 gorgeous, warm days. Today is pouring rain and temps dropping. I stayed home from church, but watched TV church service. I'm so thankful for services from local churches instead of the TV evangelists. DS#1 was here for dinner last night. He just took a trip to the land of his birth...Texas! He said he just wanted to see some of the places he came from. He is my rock to lean on now that DH is getting older. I can't believe he (son) will be 59 in 2 weeks.
I did get the binding stitched on one quilt. That makes 4 I can take to work on at a retreat. I think I'll cut out a couple of easy kits to take in case I get tired of hand stitching

Praying that Dottie will be with you a while longer. I miss my Scotties. They really keep life interesting!