PDA

View Full Version : Happy Saturday!

KPH
April 14th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I guess we all made it through Friday the 13th.

My oldest called yesterday, Hey Mom, do you want to go to Lowes. Of course I said sure, anything to get out of the house. I knew there was something I needed to pickup at Lowe's but couldn't think of it right then. While I was waiting, I figured it out! Drawer slides! I took the piece I want to put the slides on with me. Now I have slides to go on the bottom of the knife holder and it will be convenient to where I spend most of my time cutting up stuff instead of across the kitchen.

Then my lovely poppies arrived along with another package from an author I love to read. I was pleasantly shocked, since I didn't get a USPS email even saying that I was going to get any mail. I did get a UPS email this morning, I have another package arriving from M*. I'm excited about that too! The black on black for Mike's orange quilt is going to get here today. I'm going to use one of Rob's patterns. I have the template for the burst block, Mike likes that one.

I hope you all have a great weekend! Stay warm and safe if you're in the wintery blast!

chelea
April 14th, 2018, 12:27 PM
I'm headed to my LQS today to look for gray/blue fabric for the pecking order pattern. This shop has an excellent bargain hunter's corner so hopefully today is my lucky day. It's a shop called Ryco in Cumberland, RI. They do ship and also have an Etsy page. The store is in an old factory way down in a complex of brick mills that were closed a long time ago. The building is nothing to look at but once you're inside it's fabulous! All first quality quilt shop fabric by all the big names. They are so friendly, great music is always playing, just love the shopping experience. The owner does short YouTube videos that are a hoot...recently she did one called "Pins are your friends".
The weather is warming up to the high 50's today and it's time to rake out the flower beds and put down mulch before the perennials start popping up, so that's next on my list for today.
Happy Saturday everyone!

Carlie Wolf
April 14th, 2018, 12:44 PM
It's been beautiful the last two days. I saw my first little hornet yesterday sitting on my screen. It was either washing it's face or scratching it due to the pollen increase. Today we have high tree pollen levels. My ornamental lilies are coming up and the trillum is almost blooming.

I feel bad for my neighbor. Their 14 year old German Shepherd will be put down. He had basically the same thing that Carlie has but he didn't do as well and can no longer walk. Carlie and he had a love/hate relationship with each other since we moved here. Both would vocalize who was actually the real boss of the neighborhood. Yesterday when he was taken outside Carlie just sat there looking over at him, no barking. I do think she'll miss him.

I purchased the license for the SewArt program today after a month trial. I really like it! I've been playing with embroidery over the last week and having fun with that.

MaggieSue
April 14th, 2018, 12:47 PM
This morning I woke up to about 8 inches of snow!!! Is spring ever going to come??? Good day to stay in and get some much needed time in my sewing room. My last finish was a quilt for DGD graduation from HS, also made a Teddy Bear with date of graduation and name of HS on the paws. I made this with a pair of her jeans from when she was an 8 slim child size. Excited to gift it to her. Not having much luck with posting photos will try again.

Cokie
April 14th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Oh, goodness, MaggieSue! We are expecting rain for the next few days but no snow. Right now it's about 70 and cloudy with a great breeze blowing thru the house but the rain is on its way. I didn't sleep well last night so I think a nap will be in my afternoon. Going to get a shower shortly, run a few errands and hit the grocery store before the rain starts. Not sure what I'll get into sewing-wise. I've been in kind of a funk with that but would really like to work on something that I can finish - no more UFOs right now. Have a good Saturday, everyone!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 14th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Good day ladies.
We have been bracing for the snow and ice storm predicted to hit us Friday. It has not happened yet, although southern Ontario, Toronto and the Great Lakes are getting slammed. I look to these storms to stay in and sew. It is soooo cold. Spring/summer where are you?

So instead of sewing today, we did go to our LQS anniversary sale 1day. 25% off all fabrics, 55% off clearance. DH came and the ladies were all excited to see him. He had not been since January after the falls. He wasn't well enough to go downstairs to clearance, but he did use his credit to buy my fabrics. I got some nice batiks and wild colourful backing for my Ombre Gelato quilt.

When we got back home, I took another nap. Also took one yesterday. I am definitely fighting something. Chilly, watm, aches and pain, and I don't feel like sewing. I don't have time to be sick. Too much to do.

My mom called, she was ill yesterday and they thought they might have to send her to the hospital. I've been trying to reach her and no answer. That means she's out and about, and at the Saturday bingo.

Mimi_Howard
April 14th, 2018, 07:39 PM
Used the battery powered lawn mower for the first time today, and found section of grass between the sidewalk and street wet and squisihy, water on small section of sidewalk too. So I cut off my water at the main and wait a few days to see if it drys up. If it does then must be a pipe of mine (sprinkler system) somewhere leaking. But I don't believe there was any head planted along that strip. If it stays WET, then call the city and tell em they got a leak.. don't need no sink hole in the sidewalk. I haven't moved myself back into my house yet so no water is no big deal for me. BUT just another thing on my list of things to tackle! ARGH !!!!! Seems like everytime I cross one thing off another gets added!