PDA

View Full Version : MIA - Computer is in the shop :(

JCY
April 13th, 2018, 04:41 PM
I haven't been here for a few days. I had that problem with my computer on Mon. Then on Tues. a.m. till early p.m., all was ok again. Then Tues. eve. when I got home from guild mtg., the screen showed this msg.: "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded." And that was that. I could access nothing! I contacted one of the computer coaches thru our senior center, where I've taken a lot of classes. She recommended skipping Geek Squad, etc. & go directly to Computer Experts, a business that specializes in these kinds of problems. I took it there Wed. afternoon. He removed the hard drive & did a quick check. He said it was ok. He'll have to do troubleshooting & try to set up a new user profile. If that doesn't work, I'll have to buy a new laptop. The info. on my hard drive IS transferrable.

I sure have been lost w/o my computer & the ability to check in here every day. Today I'm at the local comm. college where our senior center has its own computer lab; they teach classes & have an open lab on Fri. afternoons.

I just wanted to let everyone know I'm okay, but I don't know when I'll have my laptop back or if I need to shop for a new computer. This is very frustrating.

Star lover
April 13th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Sure hope they can fix you up soon......I miss you!

jjkaiser
April 13th, 2018, 04:55 PM
I feel your pain! Computers are wonderful when they work as they are supposed to, but when they act up it is so frustrating! I have my fingers crossed that you won't have to start over with a new one.

KPH
April 13th, 2018, 07:14 PM
I hope they can get you fixed up soon! I hate the thoughts of having to get a new computer, lol, I would love to go backwards to my old computer but it's long gone!