PDA

View Full Version : TGIF greetings

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 13th, 2018, 08:07 AM
Good morning ladies,
I've been awake since 4am, so I decided I might as well get a start to this day. Monique, I saw you posted at 3ish, so it must be the change in the atmospheric pressure that is our issue. We are expecting a lot of snow and rain, and sleet -- I guess just bad weather for the next three days. Spring is just too weak to get going. It must have caught a winter bug.

Yesterday, I got most of our xmas lights from the backyard and front removed. Some remain, until the icy ground lets go of the wires. My bulbs are peaking out of the ground, but they will be covered in the next few days. I was hoping to stay put and sew, but our LQS is having a 25% off new fabrics and 55% off clearance. Since they only have 2 sales a year, I try not to miss it. I also want to drop by our guild's sew day tomorrow as I want to use the Accuquilt dies. They have cats and birds dies that I want to cut. I like it a lot, and have been thinking of getting us one.

We had the electrician come out last night. I had to send him a final count of switches, plugs and plates. By the end of the night I had to invoke DH to help me add it up. It was going something like we need 1 3way, 5 1 way and 6 3 way, or was that 3 1way, 2 3way. You get it. Anyway we probably have over 60 plugs/outlets and a few lights to change. I am hoping they can do this weekend or nights next week. The contractor will send electrician that wants extra money as they don't usually work weekends.

This morning, the first of the door/window guy is coming. We have to replace 3 panel patio door. I also think the front doors need replacing. You can feel the draft in winter, and it is on North side. He is finally agreeing. I think he realizes that he cant do any more. There is a long list of things to fix/replace, so I am going to tackle this. He hates dealing with contractors, salespeople. This is where we complete each other - I am a good negotiator.

I may have forgot to mention, but my step son and wife have found out they are having a boy. It will be born in August by c-section. The girls are happy to have a baby brother. Watch out kid, they will be your bosses. Hehe.

Have a good day and weekend. Stay warm. Thinking of everyone going through difficult times is making me very emotional these days.

auntstuff
April 13th, 2018, 08:22 AM
And its Friday the 13th.

Star lover
April 13th, 2018, 08:27 AM
Morning to all....

I can hardly believe we hit 75 yesterday. The weather gurus were waaaaaay off. One said 50 another 60. It was even sunny. They were all saying 100% rain for the day. So happy they were wrong. But boy did we have high winds! I filled a recycle container full of branches from off our trees.

Now comes the downward slide (if they're right) to snow on Monday! Wonder when we'll have spring? I saw 1 daffodil yesterday down the street.

Suzanne, I hope you score big at the sale. No local shops here. The closest one is an hour away and she never has sales and has only fabric that's years old. Thinkin she's not going to last much longer. She has the building up for sale. Says she's still going to have a store.....she doesn't know where yet......mmmm, selling and not having a place to land.....not good sign.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and an even better weekend!

Monique
April 13th, 2018, 08:55 AM
Good morning everyone. Yes Suzanne, I was up way before the birds AGAIN this morning. I hate when I wake up and can't get back to sleep. I wish I were closer Suzanne, I would love to go to that sale. Oh well, someday.

I never did anything I said I would yesterday. I did bake two loaves of pumpkin cranberry bread. I could sit and eat a loaf at a time. Now I have to pace myself, LOL!! I also decided to cut the sheets into books of tickets that have been sitting on the kitchen table. The Lionettes are having a draw in the fall. So that job is done.

TODAY I HOPE to finish up my bag. Nothing like procrastinating huh?

With the wintery weather expected this weekend I think we will stay put, nothing really going on this weekend.

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend.

KPH
April 13th, 2018, 09:00 AM
Good Morning All,

I was the busy home school Grandma yesterday. We really accomplished a lot, it was just so painful at times. Have I mentioned that I hate worksheets, but when that's what Mom sends, that's what Grandma does. There were a couple of things on the worksheets that J had not idea what they were talking about... those are moments I live for! Tally marks were on the math sheet yesterday. So now, I can pull out my history of math materials.

We've only got a few weeks left before Dad is out for the summer. I'm not sure how they're going to finish up this year of Kindergarten that really doesn't count since J is too young according to Duval Co. Next year, they're planning to continue with first grade as a home school. He'll have to have more school days for this to work not sure how I feel about that, it's going to cut into my sewing time, that's for sure.

To those in the storms wintery path, be safe and warm this weekend. It sounds like it's going to hit here Sunday. I'm sure I'll be digging out something warmer to wear to church.

Prayers for those in need and prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

grammaterry
April 13th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Ohh, my back and neck are so sore. I refinished the kitchen cabinets inside and out for the last two days. Only two more in the inside and I'm done. They do look nice and organized though. I took 5 crates of stuff out of them to put in the storage building . I figure if I don't need it in a year...I won't miss it. Then what...a storage building burn hehehe
After I finish the one cabinet...if I can get my ol muscles to move...I'll start painting the ceilings. I got some of that ceiling paint that goes on purple and then turns white. I'm a little nervous about doing the ceilings as they are textured and I know it isn't going to roll on well. Plus, covering and moving all the stuff it might drip on. I think I'd rather sew. But its going to be in the 70's for two more days and then snow so I best do it now or I'll be wishing I had and I hate to live life with regrets.

Bubby
April 13th, 2018, 01:04 PM
Good Morning Everyone...I was up sick for most of the night trying to decide if I was having terrible indigestion or a heart attack. I finally felt a bit better and went back to bed. Jeff let me sleep in and I just got up about an hour ago. Old age isn't for Sissies

I doubt I will get much done today. We have leftovers for dinner so no cooking on my immediate horizon.

I got a call from the breeder this morning and Sugar and Maggie are growing like weeds and full of life. That life will soon be bouncing off the walls here! We changed the pick-up date, so now May 4th is the big day. I will meet the breeder at the vet for the Girls' wellness check three days before we bring them home. The real countdown has begun. I've been shopping for them....food, a crate, food & water bowls, puppy collars, toys, etc. Carol sent me some Chilly Bones for teething. Dottie wonders what in the world is going on.

We have to work at the apartments tomorrow. We are going to try to make it a partial day. We are supposed to get snow this weekend. Just when I though Spring had sprung.

Terry, don't overwork yourself. I need to do exactly what you are doing in the kitchen.

I hope everyone has a good Friday. Terry, don't overwork yourself. Hugs all around.....

MissMay
April 13th, 2018, 01:19 PM
Susanne, I'm also happy it's Friday and also happy to hear I'm not the only one still with Christmas stuff around. Christmas dishes are still piled on the dining room table. My DIL volunteered to put them away but there they sit since January. DH will be roped into helping me put them away today as we're expecting company for lunch tomorrow, Usually my 2 sisters come alone so we fit comfortably at our kitchen table but my brother and cousin are coming with them. Looking forward to a nice lunch and a BIG gabfest.

JCY
April 13th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Good afternoon ~ I posted in a separate thread my computer woes. I've missed being here. The past 3 days we had gorgeous weather. It was in the 80's every day. One day it was 86. It seemed strange to have it so warm! But it's been very windy. Fire danger is high due to low humidity & the winds. Today it's cloudy & 50 deg.

I've been so distracted by my computer issues, I haven't done much sewing. I did accomplish ~1hr. of FMQ yest. The ruler work is taking time, esp. dealing with the bulk of the quilt, etc.

Guild mtg. Tues. eve. was interesting. Our guest was Laura Heine, who specializes in collage quilting. She's from Billing, MT. I haven't had a chance to check out her web site. Not a type of quilting that interests me. We had a HUGE attendance! There were 24 new members in the intro. class. We have way over 300 members now. Next mo. we'll be having a pie social & silent auction.

Well, my time is limited. I have to finish here in time to get to the groc. store for a few items & get home in time for DH's shower.