PDA

View Full Version : Looking for ‘jimsqueenie’.

jcrow54
April 12th, 2018, 02:17 PM
I’m looking for jimsqueenie on this board. Five years ago we were good friends but I quit coming to the forum. Now I’m trying to hunt her down and reconnect. I’ve sent her a PM and hope she’s still on here, but if you know her, will you tell her to check her Private Messages for a note from me? Thank you. Oh, I’m back again!!

Jean Sewing Machine
April 12th, 2018, 02:27 PM
It's been a long time since she participated. I met her at Paducah Quilt Show a number of years ago, but have not seen posts from her in quite a while.

Last activity on the forum Jan, 2016

Monique
April 12th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Hopefully she sees your message.

GuitarGramma
April 13th, 2018, 01:03 AM
I, too, was friends with Jimsqueenie. She disappeared from the forum for a long time, then briefly reappeared. Wish she were back.

Welcome back to you!

Cathy F
April 13th, 2018, 11:05 AM
I haven't seen/heard from her in a long time, she was on my friend's list. Hope all is well with her.

dwil23
April 13th, 2018, 01:54 PM
Sorry ladies if I am wrong, but I seem to remember her DH posting that she had passed away. Maybe I am thinking of someone else?

dwil23
April 13th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Sadly I was almost right. It was her son that had posted in this thread:

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=8999

Six years ago this week. How time flies.....

dwil23
April 13th, 2018, 03:14 PM
Sadly I was almost right. It was her son that had posted in this thread:

https://forum.missouriquiltco.com/showthread.php?t=8999

Six years ago this week. How time flies.....

For some reason the editing feature is not working....it was her daughter not her son....

Sandy Navas
April 13th, 2018, 05:47 PM
And it was her MOTHER who passed away, not Vicki - unless I'm way out of bounds here . . .

bubba
April 13th, 2018, 05:54 PM
And it was her MOTHER who passed away, not Vicki - unless I'm way out of bounds here . . .

Yes, it was her mother. Perhaps she is still among the living. I'll see if I can't track her down.

Checked phone listings to no avail, however she is on pinterest and just saved a post 25 minutes ago!

GuitarGramma
April 13th, 2018, 05:55 PM

Ummmm, good catch, Sandy. Thank you for helping us read things correctly. That's a bit of a relief.

dwil23
April 14th, 2018, 05:32 AM

Yes, "jimsqueenie", the MOTHER passed away. I had mistakenly typed that it was her SON who notified us but it was actually her daughter, Vicki that notified us of her Mother's death. Tried to edit my post to read correctly and it wouldn't let me for some reason.

Sandy Navas
April 14th, 2018, 10:24 AM
I did find Vicki's address and passed it to jcrow54 in a PM.

RFREE
April 19th, 2018, 07:13 PM
I’m looking for jimsqueenie on this board. Five years ago we were good friends but I quit coming to the forum. Now I’m trying to hunt her down and reconnect. I’ve sent her a PM and hope she’s still on here, but if you know her, will you tell her to check her Private Messages for a note from me? Thank you. Oh, I’m back again!!

She's ALIVE!!!! We text and talk now and then. When we made the quilts for Brandon she actually drove her blocks to me ( Badger Iowa to Benton Ky) We have been friends ever since. She is living in IL now. I will text her and tell her to check her messages here on the forum.

RFREE
April 19th, 2018, 10:10 PM
We are meeting in Paducah tomorrow morning at the quilt show. Anyone else going??

Jean Sewing Machine
April 19th, 2018, 10:18 PM
We are meeting in Paducah tomorrow morning at the quilt show. Anyone else going??

You guys have a blast! That's where I met Vicki a couple of years ago, along with you, Rhonda!

RFREE
April 20th, 2018, 08:54 AM
You guys have a blast! That's where I met Vicki a couple of years ago, along with you, Rhonda!

Thank you Jean. Wish you were meeting us too!!!

dwil23
April 20th, 2018, 10:14 AM
She's ALIVE!!!! We text and talk now and then. When we made the quilts for Brandon she actually drove her blocks to me ( Badger Iowa to Benton Ky) We have been friends ever since. She is living in IL now. I will text her and tell her to check her messages here on the forum.

Great to hear! I *thought* that Vicki was "jimsqueenie's" daughter. I am sorry for the confusion, I must have remembered someone else whose DH/family had let us know she had passed away. I blame it on severe sleep deprivation. So glad to hear she is doing well!