PDA

View Full Version : Thank you, Missouri Star!

lots2do
April 8th, 2018, 08:42 AM
Just wanted to thank the company for providing this forum. I was somewhere else on-line recently where the ads and pop ups were so overwhelming. I realize free sites have to find income and that this site does generate income and public relations for the company but it's so much nicer to read posts without a lot of distractions.
So, thank you!
lots2do

KarenC
April 8th, 2018, 08:56 AM
You are so right. We all need to appreciate this site more and not take it for granted. Thank you MSQC!

KPH
April 8th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the reminder. I hadn't even thought about that! Even Youtube is starting to interrupt videos with ads.

I do appreciate not having to trudge through junk to get to what I come here for!

JCY
April 8th, 2018, 09:11 AM
My Outlook e-m service now is putting ads in my inbox, & there is no way to delete them. I just ignore them. I do get frustrated at how much time I waste waiting for the ads along the side to load so I can navigate my e-m. But I'm not willing to pay $79./yr. for premium. I, too, appreciate our M* Forum.

MaggieSue
April 8th, 2018, 09:17 AM
I echo all of the above, thank you!!!

sewluvit
April 8th, 2018, 01:33 PM
Yes, Thank you MSQC. I love this forum!!

Cokie
April 8th, 2018, 01:40 PM
I agree. I have belonged to other forums where the "owners" never popped in, the moderators were not always very nice, and the members just didn't play well together. It seemed like they thrived on drama. Needless to say, I don't go there any more. I was so happy to find M* to help me with my quilting questions and a group of supportive friends as well. So thanks from me for providing this space for all of us!

URIBARRI-MAYOR
April 8th, 2018, 01:42 PM
I also want to thank M* this forum is wonderful and all the fantastic people that make it up, in my country there are not many people in the world ot patch and I feel like family with all of you, besides admiring those works so precious and share a bit of our life, so "Thank you M*" and all who make up this forum

jjkaiser
April 8th, 2018, 04:02 PM
Nobody here is snarky and that's what I love! People who like and appreciate each other and show respect even if their opinions are different. The other day I was thinking it would be great if MSQC would design a little pin or something with a yellow duck on it and sell it on their website so Forum members could wear it or hang it on their purses when they are out and about because wouldn't it be fun to run into another Forum member unexpectedly when you were just out running errands or something?!

Star lover
April 8th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Nobody here is snarky and that's what I love! People who like and appreciate each other and show respect even if their opinions are different. The other day I was thinking it would be great if MSQC would design a little pin or something with a yellow duck on it and sell it on their website so Forum members could wear it or hang it on their purses when they are out and about because wouldn't it be fun to run into another Forum member unexpectedly when you were just out running errands or something?!

They do!

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/27701/pin-peddlers/-/missouri-star-birdie-pin

jjkaiser
April 8th, 2018, 04:45 PM
Thanks!! Hahaha you've heard the phrase a day late and a dollar short... I think I need to get one of those pins next time I order. Thanks for the heads up. Except now everyone else on the Forum thinks I am a complete idiot!!

Hulamoon
April 8th, 2018, 05:24 PM
You can put one your shelf too!

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/46865/beverly-hills-toy-company/-/msqc-mascot-the-quacking-birdie-stuffed-toy

Bubby
April 8th, 2018, 06:33 PM
Another thing I appreciate is that BLOCK magazines are advertising free....how nice is that!

Bubby
April 8th, 2018, 07:04 PM
They do!

https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/27701/pin-peddlers/-/missouri-star-birdie-pin

This is so cute!!!

tamsterg7
April 9th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Yes! We are all so lucky to have this wonderful oasis and the great group of people who participate. This is my go to spot, not only for inspiration for quilting, but for confirmation that there are still good and caring people in this sometimes sad and messed up world!