PDA

View Full Version : Concentration

Blondie
April 5th, 2018, 08:09 AM

Hello Folksies
As usual my day is already starting - still need another cuppa joe before I hit the floor running. Actually, I am going to share a cup with my sister in a few minutes. Although we live on the same road separated by a few houses, I don't get to see her every day. We generally try to share our morning coffee in the garden when the early morning weather approves. She just called a few minutes ago and told me to wear my hoodie and take my zyrtec. ha. Pollen must be at another high.

Speaking of concentration and allergies here. The weather man is calling for a spot of snow this weekend. The maple are beginning to flower and I just know by my head that the oaks must be tassling. Hubs said that the yellow pollen is out there. Oy. OY! I didn't need to be told that because my ears, throat and head are killing me. I keep telling myself that all that is a necessary prelude to the enjoyment I will have the rest of the Spring. All the allergens make it difficult for me to concentrate. Being rather squirrel like, I need no help in that misdirection. Why just open the door to my sewing room and you can see the derelict mind either (a.) brilliant artist (b.) the kind of slob whereas when something drops, it stays or (c.) the project room that gets interrupted mid start. And actually all of the above are accurate, well, maybe but then, I don't always tell the truth. Oopsy, I mean by that I am a good southern girl and we have been schooled in wonderful white lies. I have often thought of creating a cake and calling it White Lies. As in, all the calories have been removed. Okay, enough rambling for the morning. Coffee is on at Sister Cat's and I am out the door!

KPH
April 5th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning Blondie and all who follow.

I woke up with a start this morning, not sure why. Since it was almost time to get up, I went ahead and got up.

Last night was fine until I got a robo call from someone saying they were from AT&T and my account had been flagged... then I needed to put in the last 4 of my social. Well, I hung up and called AT&T, no such thing. I'd tried in Feb. to get the account changed to my name, but apparently it didn't take. So I started that process again. After an hour of trying to get in to the site to transfer the account the guy finally gave up. Do you think it was my tears and ugly crying that made him try to contact the billing department after they'd already closed? I'm so ready to have AT&T out of my life, which is bad since my Dad gave them 42 years of his life working for them and I owe a lot of what I have to them.

Anyway, DIL is taking the kids to the zoo this morning. Home school will be in the afternoon. I'm clueless about what she's going to send but I'm already planning for an artsy afternoon. He's not going to be worth much as far as academics goes after zooming around the zoo all morning.

My "Aflutter" is calling me. I'm ready to get back to that quilt! DS#1 asked last night what project I was planning to do this month. I told him getting my new quilt quilted would be my big project. I forgot about my plans for the door that goes into the garage. lol, I'm seriously thinking about painting it with dark gray chalkboard/ magnet paint, maybe black. I bought https://www.missouriquiltco.com/shop/detail/88813/timeless-treasures/chonga-hwang/tuscan-poppies-sunset-poppies-black-panel- that I'm going to put on the door. The colors in the kitchen are gray and white. I have a photo of an sunset over the mountains and the reds and oranges in that photo are my pop colors in the house. I'm going to hang the poppy panel on the top part of the door and use the bottom part for grandkid chalk art. It certainly will brighten up the kitchen. I guess his big project isn't going to be so big this month.

DS#2 is on his way to work. I hope he's filling in applications for a new job. Toys R Us isn't going to be around much longer and I'm not planning on taking him with me to IN this summer. I need to call BIL to see when he's going, so maybe we can go together. I won't stay as long as he's going to stay, that's for sure!

Well, best get back to making myself upset with AT&T again. Hopefully today it will work but for some reason I'm really skeptical.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Monique
April 5th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Good morning you two. Not much happened yesterday. I just couldn't decide what I wanted to work on or needed to work on. How's that for concentration. So I think today will be more of the same. I need to get off my duff and DO something.

It is a bright sunny day today after the horrible winds from yesterday.

Bonnie finally got her call for surgery. April 24th. She will pick me up the day before so I can take her there. She is leaving me her car so I can be ready when she needs me. We both would appreciate your prayers that her surgery is a success.

Well that's it. Have a great day everyone.

Carlie Wolf
April 5th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Oh Monique I know that mind muddle (or is it puddle). I've found myself meandering around the house since Saturday. I want the real Spring to get here. I want the windows open all the time. I want to sit on the back porch and keep telling myself that I really should be gardening.

Oh the wind. Yes. I had it hit the house and wake me up from my wonderful nap twice yesterday. It was handy though to have a few windows open to air out the house :-)

I'm slowly finishing off another small project. Other then that I'm in limbo.

grammaterry
April 5th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Oh it is bright and sunny and 30 degrees this morning. Looks so beautiful but it is soooo cold. I went into town yesterday and did three grocery stores. Amazing how different stores have diffenernt prices on the things I use. I bought a turkey and am thawing it on the back porch. At 30 degrees its going to be a while.? lol
I'm thinking of going to the sewing room this morning. I'm always thinking of going their. It is so peaceful. Everything is on the shelves and the floor gets swept before I leave everyday and their is no noise from TV or radio, just birds singing outside the window.
DH cleaned my half of the garage yesterday while I was gone. Blew out the leaves. He said he's going to do his half soon. His half you can't actually drive in...(he parks in front of it) so it will be more than blowing leaves. Lots of stuff piles in there from the restaurant. Lord only knows why we brought some of that stuff home!
Speaking of the restaurant, I noticed on my way home that there were new signs on the building so I stopped. She has sectioned off part of it and rented out space to a childrens consignment shop and she has rented the rooms in the hotel to a beauty shop. Hummm...anyway, the woman in the childrens shop is going to take some quilts and sell them for the Shriners. That will be a good thing if it works.
Life is good, spring is eternal

Cathy F
April 5th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Morning all,
The sun is shining but it is windy and cold out there. Yesterday was a busy day, we had our Pilot Club sewing bee to put the embellishments on the fidgit pads. I had 20 of them pieced, sandwiched, and turned. We showed the club members some samples of what to put on them and they were off and running. Besides doing a project for community service we had an enjoyable day of friendship as well. We will be having another sewing session on the 14th, to finish them. We are doing 40 of them. Today
I have to get up to the sewing room for a MAJOR clean up, fabric all over from this project. Why can't I be creative and neat at the same time!? Oh well, I'll just keep telling myself the mess was for a good cause.

Well,off to start my chores, wishing everyone a good day.

201 Treadler
April 5th, 2018, 11:43 AM
we had the wind of change last night am pleased to say the sun is shining today, its nice to have a bright day:D, after yesterdays rain / hail.
sorry to hear the s word again in weather forecast and the allergy season has started for so many of you.
fingers are crossed for a sunny day to arrive for you all too.

CraftyJnet
April 5th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Well, good morning and good news! We get to keep the puppy! We are thrilled about it and will give her a good home. It is like having a toddler in the house - constant supervision is needed. Fortunately we had an xpen in the garage so it is now in the living room. When I need to do something I put her in it with a bunch of chewies and toys. She is a good girl and cries to go out and do her business. She sleeps until 3am or so then cries to go out. After she is done she comes in and gets on our bed and goes back to sleep. I swore she would not sleep on our bed but I have no will power at 3am.

KPH
April 5th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Well the AT&T saga continues... the phone number the guy gave me last night was for cell phones and other mobile devices. The tears started flowing again, but that lady got me in touch with someone with a brain. The contract DH signed up for won't end until 5/19. So her suggestion was to add my name as primary on the account so I can keep the same contract otherwise, I'll be paying more. I don't care anymore. I asked if it was legal keeping his name on the account since he's no longer with us. She said they do it all the time (which really didn't answer the question). At this point they could just put MRS. in front of his name and I'd be satisfied.

After that, I called Consumer Cellular to inform them about my phone calling me last night. She was so kind and considerate she noted it on the account, gave me the FCC number to contact and inform them of what happened and answered questions about adding other lines to my account. So I have information to give DS#1 about maybe adding them to my existing cell account that would be cheaper than what they're looking at.

Home school ended up being this morning. He blasted through his work sheets, I made them harder and he blew through that too. That math sheet about killed us though. They're so boring! We finished up in less than an hour, read a book and listed all of the baby animals in the book. So the new word book is getting fuller. Next week we're going to be researching the different names of the baby animals.

I'm going to get out my cutting mat and slice up a bunch of this 'Aflutter' charm pack in homes I can finish the piano key border.

Hope you all are having a wonderful day.

JCY
April 5th, 2018, 02:38 PM
Good Morning ~ I was here earlier this a.m. & had a partial thread written when my laptop just quit letting me type anything. The mouse still worked, but I couldn't type a thing. So I left to fix DH's breakfast. I'm baking his 2 loaves of spelt bread this a.m., so I've been too busy till now. I did some troubleshooting. Got out my old keyboard, tried switching the mouse, etc. Still wouldn't work. I disconnected the keyboard & was able to type directly on the laptop. Anyway, now it's working ok with the keyboard & mouse, so I have no clue what glitch it had.

We have partial sunshine. It's supposed to be 70 deg. today. I saw that black cat back in the yard this a.m.! I haven't seen it for months. It was right by the opening where the rabbits go under the shed. The minute it heard the door, it was gone from sight. Later I saw it sitting in the sun in front of the barn. As soon as I stepped out the back door with the broom, it slunk under the shed. I'm always concerned it might kill the rabbits.

Well, that glitch happened again, so I'm back to typing directly on the laptop. So frustrating!

My only quilting yest. was 25 min. of FMQ on the latest quilt. Last night was Survivor, so there was no evening sewing. Slowly but surely I'll eventually get this one quilted. I wish now I would have done an all-over design; it would have been quicker & easier. But since this is a rather "plain" top, I wanted to dress it up.

Katrina, it can be so frustrating to deal with phone companies. With all the computerized phone menus, it's hard to get ahold of a live person who really can help. I think I'd be tempted to just leave the phone acct. in your DH's name. Our phone & internet service are with Century Link & we have been pretty satisfied with them.

Terry, I don't think your turkey will thaw at all if it's 30 deg. outside. Yes, there is a big difference between prices at stores. A person has to know their prices. I shop at Whole Foods only for selected items b/c they are so much higher. The other day I did buy some Kombucha there so save a trip driving to the other end of town where it's cheaper at the natural grocers.

Blondie mentioned allergies. The buds on the trees are swelling here; it's just a matter of time till the pollen is a nuisance. So far I'm getting by with using just the Neti Pot.

Well, it's almost time for the 2nd loaf to come out of the oven.

jjkaiser
April 5th, 2018, 05:03 PM
Well, good morning and good news! We get to keep the puppy! We are thrilled about it and will give her a good home. It is like having a toddler in the house - constant supervision is needed. Fortunately we had an xpen in the garage so it is now in the living room. When I need to do something I put her in it with a bunch of chewies and toys. She is a good girl and cries to go out and do her business. She sleeps until 3am or so then cries to go out. After she is done she comes in and gets on our bed and goes back to sleep. I swore she would not sleep on our bed but I have no will power at 3am.

Oh boy I am so happy for you that you get to keep that cute dog you rescued the other day!!! Be sure and post all his shenanigans okay??!

LauraP
April 6th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Katrina, have you thought about teaching the names of the animals and what they say in other languages? My oldest GD was born in Germany and knew the names of some animals before they came back to the states. The only one I can remember is for owl. It is pronounced Ouhoo but I don't know how to spell it. I know chickens don't cluck in Japanese. With all the forum members who have lived all over you might have a fun time with this.
Have you tried using your sewing and cooking as part of his math? Fractions are easy if you are using measuring cups. Just a thought.