PDA

View Full Version : It's Monday and Good Morning

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 07:28 AM
I woke up at 5:30 this morning and what a surprise. Well at least my bedroom clock said 5:30. Made tea and turned on the computer. Oh look! It's not 5:30, it's 7:30AM or so says my computer. Well that makes me feel a lot better but it's weird because there are no signs of light yet and normally I see some of the kids heading for school.

I checked the internet to see what the time is in WV and oh look....it's says 6:30.

I'm very confused now. Are we sure that April Fools day isn't April 2? I'm guessing it's really 6:30 so now I have to figure out how to change my computer. It's never done that before, oh and I'll change the bedroom clock too.

I guess the good new though is we didn't get that winter storm they were alerting us to for last night.

:icon_crazy:

Ginny B
April 2nd, 2018, 08:04 AM
Oh boy, what a confusing start to your day! It's a snowy morning here. I have put the boots and the boot tray away three times already this last month thinking we were done with the snow but, nope, they got pulled out again last night after watching the weather report.

We had a great day yesterday. Grandkids and their parents were over in the morning for brunch and we had a fun time. After they left in the afternoon, we had the rest of the day to just do whatever we wanted..... so we just had a nice relaxing day. Read a little, watched some baseball and had a nice Easter dinner.

Today should be a quiet day at work. Lots of people are off so I am hoping to catch up a bit more from being on vacation. I hope everyone has a great day today.

KPH
April 2nd, 2018, 09:08 AM
I hate clocks. We had one we purchased that changed itself with the time changes. Naturally, they changed the starting and stopping times for Daylight Savings Time right after that. So we ended up changing it back to the correct time, we finally got rid of it when we moved.

I hope the rest of your day gets rid of the 'clock fog'. lol, I'll settle for getting rid of the real fog outside the house.

Carolnnc
April 2nd, 2018, 11:19 AM
I can't get the time on the living room tv to set correctly but I don't think there is a clock in the house that's right. I always check my cell phone if I need to know the correct time.

It's 64 degrees, I'm on the deck with the puppy & I have on short sleeves. It's been two beautiful days & we are supposed to get 70's & low 80's this week. I'm hoping the good weather will encourage DH to work on the outside things we need to do to sell the house.

I have a hair appointment at noon & don't know what I want. I've been wearing my hair really short for 20 years due to having bad hair. It's thick, wavy & coarse which made for a lot of bad haircuts. It took me a couple of years to realize the scissors that were used to thin out spots or add texture were NOT my friend. I couldn't find anyone to do a razor cut or who knew what layers were so I gave up. I'd really like to sport a little more hair but I want it to lie down, not look like I stuck my finger in a light socket. I have purchased so many products to try & smooth it, straighten it & hold it down. It stays down about 2 hours & when I get hot my hair springs up and out. Whenever someone with thin, straight hair says I should be thankful I have very bad thoughts.

I'm hoping this afternoon I can pull my tables out of the garage & put together a quilt sandwich. I need to do something quilt related to boost my mood. I did order the Daily Deal yesterday. It's the first fabric I've ordered in 6 months.

Have a great day!

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 12:04 PM
It's so hard to find the right people to cut our hair. Except for just recently I haven't found one since about 1970 LOL. Turns out my friend the dog warden use to be a hair stylist so now she does it. Other times I'm lucky if I even like the cut as I walk out the door no less a month or so later. I had told Bonnie after the last bad experience that I wanted her to just give me a cut that would grow out and still look ok. I'm one of those people with the very thin, fine hair........hummmm, I'll be a little more careful of what I say in the future :-)

The computer clock automatically resets itself for Daylight Savings Time so I don't have a clue why it misbehaved last night. I just woke up from a 2 hr nap trying to get myself back into sync for the day.

JCY
April 2nd, 2018, 05:48 PM
Carlie ~ If you can't find the right person to cut your hair, cut it yourself. I've been giving myself hair cuts for >30 yrs. When I used to go to the hair dresser, I watched how it was done. One time it wasn't done to my satisfaction, so I got the scissors out when I got home. I've been doing my own hair ever since. I used to cut the boys' hair when they were home, & I've been cutting DH's hair for years. Just think of all the $ we've saved over the years!

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 06:12 PM
Oh JCY,bwahahahahahahha. It will never happen. I always admired how my older sister (11 months apart) could do anything with her hair from the time I was preteen. I tried, believe me I tried, but it just IS NOT a talent of mine LOL. I couldn't and still can't even put rollers in my hair properly. About the only thing I could do is shave my head and try to keep it that way and even that is doubtful LOL

TMP
April 2nd, 2018, 06:34 PM
I can't imagine what I would look like if I cut my own hair. I just let it do what it wants to do. I get the ends cut and have wore the same hair style for 20+ years. Maybe I need a make-over.

I have to agree with you and clocks. Daily light savings time messes me up. I trust my phone for time. The clock in the car is right half the year. I gave up on setting it.

Today I will be playing with the Quilter's Creative Touch. They left me with no updates to the Surface tablet, a flipping screen and their logo flashing on as a screen saver. I think I need to get all this fixed before I go on to the actual software. I wish I was more of a tech person. Where is my son when I need him ? They recommended I use King Tut thread and it just came in the mail.

The silly dog is still burping and spitting up. She will not swallow her medicine. I have tried cheese, ham, and bought some pill pockets . It must taste awful. I don't think I am brave enough to hold her mouth closed and force it down.

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 07:43 PM
HaHa TMP I quit setting my car clock too.

Who suggested King Tut? It is very nice but I believe it is also the most expensive of the Superior line. Yes, I hate tech things now too after all these years. It's gotten impossible.

I've tried various hidden pill things too for Carlie. I found most she'd eat a few times than refuse. Finally I tried it in about a tablespoon of butter. She has to take a pill a day. I've been using it for over a year now and she still hasn't tired of it. Boy and it's cheap too considering I always have it around.

Carolnnc
April 2nd, 2018, 09:01 PM
Oh JCY,bwahahahahahahha. It will never happen. I always admired how my older sister (11 months apart) could do anything with her hair from the time I was preteen. I tried, believe me I tried, but it just IS NOT a talent of mine LOL. I couldn't and still can't even put rollers in my hair properly. About the only thing I could do is shave my head and try to keep it that way and even that is doubtful LOL

Well I asked the hairdresser to layer it deeply and get it to where it would lie flat to my head like a cap. I now have a bouffant. Bouffant: a style that is arranged in a high & rounded style. I have said for years I'd shave my head if DH wouldn't disown me. I can't even draw a straight line using a ruler so cutting my own hair isn't an option.

JCY
April 2nd, 2018, 11:23 PM
King Tut thread - Other web sites besides Superior sell this thread. I stocked up on several cones a few yrs. ago when my LA quilter was placing a large order for herself & numerous others. I think it averaged out to ~ $15./cone. Signature single color threads come in large cones that are more reasonably priced. It's 40 wt. cotton. I've used that a lot. I'm starting to use more Glide thread now that I'm getting used to it. It's a 40 wt. trilobal polyester thread, much thinner, so it takes considerable adjusting of the bobbin tension. It has a nice sheen to it.

A speaker at our guild recently mentioned that when using the variegated threads, sometimes the quilting just sort of disappears. I prefer single color thread now.

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 11:56 PM
Bouffants, didn't they go out in the 50's???? LOL

JCY, so far the Metro Pro I got is working well. Did very well on the machine. I haven't gotten a chance to try the Glide yet (it's a flax like color). So I'm going to give that a try next. I've never tried the King Tut although I use Superior's Omni a lot.

Claire Hallman
April 3rd, 2018, 11:20 AM
Well I asked the hairdresser to layer it deeply and get it to where it would lie flat to my head like a cap. I now have a bouffant. Bouffant: a style that is arranged in a high & rounded style.
I went to beautician school years ago when a razor cut was taught. With thick curly hair a razor cut is going to make it curl even more. Sorry that I do not have an answer for you but a layered cut does not sound like the right one for you. Perhaps embracing curly might be the best option.

Claire Hallman
April 3rd, 2018, 11:35 AM
Well I asked the hairdresser to layer it deeply and get it to where it would lie flat to my head like a cap. I now have a bouffant. Bouffant: a style that is arranged in a high & rounded style.
I went to beautician school years ago when a razor cut was taught. With thick curly hair a razor cut is going to make it curl even more. Sorry that I do not have an answer for you but a layered cut does not sound like the right one for you. Perhaps embracing curly might be the best option.