PDA

View Full Version : Important To Me

auntiemern
April 1st, 2018, 11:32 PM
April is Child Abuse Prevention Month. Pass it on and wear your blue ribbon.

LauraP
April 2nd, 2018, 12:46 PM
I agree. This is such an important message to get out. People need to remember it's not just physical abuse. Emotional neglect/abuse is as painful if not moreso.

MHG Winnower
April 3rd, 2018, 07:54 AM
Any form of abuse, not just to innocent children, has got to be stopped. Not only is it cruel, but it is like a disease that carries on to future generations. Thank you for reminding us about this important issue.

KPH
April 3rd, 2018, 08:34 AM
Emotional abuse is just as tortuous as physical abuse. I had one student, it broke my heart how her mother never wanted anything to do with her. Retain her, test her, do what ever you want just don't bug me about her. Both brothers would have mom visit for lunch, bring stuff for birthdays. My student never could understand why, for that matter neither could I. With mom's no shows to all scheduled conferences, I had no way to dig in to find out why. When she moved up to upper el, my friend finally found out what the deal was. Mom was raped, and the little girl looked just like her father. Every time Mom looks at her, she has a reminder of the horrors that happened to her.

This little one isn't so little anymore. Friends still in the school system can still check on her from time to time for me, but she's always in my prayers.

quilt_gems_25
April 5th, 2018, 07:10 PM
It broke my heart to hear the backstories of the children we took into our home when we did F.C. I did not always agree with their workers, but we always knew they had the children's best interests at heart. God bless the little ones.