PDA

View Full Version : Our new Puppy!

CraftyJnet
April 1st, 2018, 03:13 PM
Seems like the threads today are all about critters so here is mine.

We found her in the middle of a road out in the country. No collar. None of the neighbors knew her and the local pound was closed, so we brought her home. We'll take her to the local humane society tomorrow to see if she is chipped, and call the shelter near where we found her.

In the meantime, we are falling in love with her. Here is her picture: she is a GS mix about 3 or 4 months old, still has her baby teeth.

jjkaiser
April 1st, 2018, 03:19 PM
Oh I hope you can keep her, she is so cute!

Carolnnc
April 1st, 2018, 03:21 PM
What a pretty little girl. I hope you get to keep her so that she will have a save, stable & loving home.

Midge
April 1st, 2018, 03:30 PM
So heartless to abandon animals out on a country road. When I lived in the country this was a problem on a regular basis. She's adorable, and I hope if you can accomodate another pet that will work out for you. Sometimes these things are meant to be.

Carlie Wolf
April 1st, 2018, 03:50 PM
Oh my she's a beauty! I wonder if she just got loose from her owners since she is so young. She probably decided she didn't like her owners and was looking for you :-)

Ginny B
April 1st, 2018, 04:00 PM
What a beauty! If she got loose from a family who is looking for her, I hope you are able to find them. But I guess most of me is hoping you get to keep her. :)

DeniseSm
April 1st, 2018, 04:03 PM
What a cutie. She looks really smart too.

Hulamoon
April 1st, 2018, 04:22 PM
What a sweetie! You are doing the right thing, but secretly I hope she becomes yours. I had a mixed GS and she was so goofy and friendly. I named her Poppy.

LLLinda
April 1st, 2018, 05:07 PM
What a nice Easter present!

JaniceR
April 1st, 2018, 09:23 PM
I’ll add my hope in there that you get to keep her too! She is sooo cute and what a sweet sweet face!! Sometimes I think animals know just who to pick to be their family!!

Carlie Wolf
April 1st, 2018, 09:33 PM
I've seen that at the shelter Janice. I remember one cute little dog that was such a brat with people who came see her . Didn't matter if they were old, young, single or couples, kids or not. Of course a lot of people pulled her out because she was so darn pretty. After about a month, a middle aged couple came in and this little dog just couldn't do enough for them. Walked right next to them, would sit right up next to them, cuddled and gave kisses etc. Totally different dog! Of course they took her home, she had waited for just the right people for her. So cute.

Vonnie
April 1st, 2018, 09:58 PM
I've seen that at the shelter Janice. I remember one cute little dog that was such a brat with people who came see her . Didn't matter if they were old, young, single or couples, kids or not. Of course a lot of people pulled her out because she was so darn pretty. After about a month, a middle aged couple came in and this little dog just couldn't do enough for them. Walked right next to them, would sit right up next to them, cuddled and gave kisses etc. Totally different dog! Of course they took her home, she had waited for just the right people for her. So cute.

Sounds like our last dog. DH and boys got him from a no kill shelter. He had been there a year. They told DH that the dog would pee on people when they came too close to his cage. DH and our boys came home with him and he promptly fell in love with me and would not sleep anywhere else but beside me. He weighed 60 pounds! He was an older dog and surprising that he lived with us for 10 years. My oldest said he lived that long because he had a loving family.

That puppy is sure cute. And I hope you get to keep her!

JaniceR
April 1st, 2018, 11:03 PM

Carlie, I really do believe they know! I know in my heart our cat picked us. He was a stray and would visit several houses in our neighborhood. Then he got attacked by a dog or another cat and came to our house and hovered under our rose bush until we saw him and took him to the vet for treatment. We had no intention of having a pet but when he got hurt, we knew we had to help him right away. He had to stay inside when he came home from getting his stitches. We immediately fell in love with him, named him “Stitches” and he became an “indoor” cat who we loved deeply for many years until he passed away a few years ago.

I always believed he knew we would take care of him and love him and we did with all our heart!!

TMP
April 1st, 2018, 11:49 PM
What a beautiful puppy! I also hope you can keep him.

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 08:04 AM
Janice, Stitches was such a great name for him. It really made me smile

Suzette
April 2nd, 2018, 09:46 AM
Gorgeous!! I hope it works out that he becomes yours!

Claire Hallman
April 2nd, 2018, 10:24 AM
I keep thinking about a dog we saw on a recent trip, he was sitting at the top of an exit ramp looking at each car as it headed toward the highway. I hope he found whoever he was looking for. I know he would not be there now and he is/was too far away to go back for him.:(

Carlie Wolf
April 2nd, 2018, 12:08 PM
I feel so sorry for those dogs who you see just sitting there waiting for the return of their owner. Such loyal hearts for owners who never deserved them :-(

geegeequilts
April 2nd, 2018, 03:34 PM
What an adorable furbaby!! She is definitely yours...things sometimes do not happen by accident.

Gina

Bubby
April 2nd, 2018, 03:47 PM
He sure is cute! I hope you get to be his Forever Mom.

mommadeb
April 3rd, 2018, 04:36 PM
I hope you get to keep her! She's a doll.

When my daughter was younger, I told her she could have a kitty, so we went to the shelter and found a beautiful tortoise. An older lady was standing there holding it, like she was going to take it. That cat was clawing and everything to get away from her. Finally she put her back in her cage. My daughter took her out right away and that cat actually snuggled and purred while my daughter held her. The cat had made her choice and we got her. She's still going strong and happy.

When I got my Aussie pup, I went to the farm to pick one out and I just sat down amongst them, (they were about 4 weeks), and let them come to me and watched how they behaved. One in particular climbed up in my lap and so I held her and she then proceeded to poop on my shirt. I knew she was the one. We got her in 2003 and she lived with us until 2014. Best dog ever.

dwil23
April 4th, 2018, 04:01 AM

Reminds me of a foster dog we had. She was with us for over a year because of heartworms. She was sweet but shy. No one ever inquired about her and being solid black, we figured she would spend her life with us. One day, a man called and said that he saw her picture online and something about her just spoke to him. When he came to the house to meet her, it was love at first sight for both of them! I was so happy for her! It was a perfect fit for both of them. I think about them often and it has been five or six years now.

Mischiefkat1
April 6th, 2018, 10:18 PM
Your puppy is adorable. You are both lucky you/she found each other. You said she was a GS mix, but she looks more than a mix. Does she have a name yet? kathy

Hulamoon
April 6th, 2018, 11:59 PM
I'm wondering the outcome of the puppy. Chip checks only take a couple of min. Did you get to keep her?

Star lover
April 7th, 2018, 06:51 AM
From Craftyjnet (Jeanette) on another post:

"Well, good morning and good news! We get to keep the puppy! We are thrilled about it and will give her a good home. It is like having a toddler in the house - constant supervision is needed. Fortunately we had an xpen in the garage so it is now in the living room. When I need to do something I put her in it with a bunch of chewies and toys. She is a good girl and cries to go out and do her business. She sleeps until 3am or so then cries to go out. After she is done she comes in and gets on our bed and goes back to sleep. I swore she would not sleep on our bed but I have no will power at 3am."

As for a name.....when you click on the dogs pic.....it says Kaylee in the corner.....so maybe Kaylee?

Sheep Farmer
April 7th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I'm so happy this cute puppy has a loving home! :icon_bigsmile:

Hulamoon
April 7th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Thanks Anita! I don't usually read the morning thread, that's why I missed it.

I'm so happy shes getting a good home!

quilt_gems_25
April 10th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Enjoy your little pup. She looks like she loves snuggles.

happygram
April 11th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Lucky dog! Lucky you! I hope you have a long, happy, and snuggly time together.

CraftyJnet
April 11th, 2018, 12:36 PM
Thank you for all your kind comments. Kaylee is growing before my eyes! Sunday she woke up and her ears were standing erect. Here is a photo from yesterday with our other dog, Bochy.151781

Carlie Wolf
April 11th, 2018, 03:10 PM
What a cutie with her perked up ears :-) Glad she has a pal she can play with.

Star lover
April 11th, 2018, 03:28 PM
Such a sweet pair.....adorable!

Hulamoon
April 11th, 2018, 04:52 PM
How cute! Wait until Bochy realizes how big her new friend is getting. lol