MissMay
April 1st, 2018, 12:07 PM
151477 HAPPY EASTER!

Bubby
April 1st, 2018, 12:19 PM

Wishing Everyone a Happy Easter!

Patty J
April 1st, 2018, 12:19 PM
Just got back from church and want to wish all of my forum friends a Happy Easter. Making pineapple Kringle to take to dinner at my sisters' house. Have a Blessed Day.

LauraP
April 1st, 2018, 01:10 PM
Today is a grand slam trifecta! Not only is it Easter, and April Fools Day but my third anniversary. How can it not be a good day? I get cake AND chocolate rabbits (unless someone makes a rabbit out of tofu)

Carolnnc
April 1st, 2018, 02:11 PM
Happy Easter!

RockinLou
April 1st, 2018, 02:13 PM
Happy Easter!

Ginny B
April 1st, 2018, 02:19 PM
Happy Easter Everyone! We had a nice Easter breakfast with three of our grands.
151481 Henry, Max and Lily

Now we have the rest of the day to recuperate. :)

My dil sent me a picture of Zeke checking out his Easter eggs this morning. 151482

Our dinner (lasagna) is all prepped and ready to be put into the oven whenever we feel like eating today. Not sure what else I will do today. Right now I'm just relaxing after cleaning up from breakfast and visitors and watching the Yankee game. I think this will be a relaxing day.

Have a glorious Easter Sunday all.

KPH
April 1st, 2018, 02:34 PM
Happy Easter! I went to church with the kids this morning. I asked if I needed a jacket to my son wearing long sleeved dress shirt, no mom, he says. I should have taken a coat or at least a shawl.

Most of the morning activities were outside. A pot luck breakfast followed by the Easter Egg hunt for the kids. Three and younger went to the playground. Older kids went all around the church grounds. After a few minutes of the egg hunt, I went inside. I was just cold!

Church service was really nice, studying Paul for a bit. We'll be back to Exodus next week. Started the process of moving my membership to here. I came home with half of the Sausage Bread. From what Tammy said, people thought it was a banana nut bread... I guess they got fooled when those hot pepper flakes in the sausage hit their tongues. It wasn't as spicy as some I've made using hot sausage. It's all in whose grinding the sausage and adding the special seasoning

We'll be heading to Nana's and Nandy's for dinner later. I've finished up the deviled eggs and they're chillin' in the fridge. The kitchen is all cleaned up, and I'm just relaxing for a few.

I hope everyone has a blessed Easter. Enjoy time with your family.

Prayers for those in need, prayers of thanksgivings for all of our many blessings. He has risen, he has risen indeed.

jjkaiser
April 1st, 2018, 03:36 PM
Just got back from church and want to wish all of my forum friends a Happy Easter. Making pineapple Kringle to take to dinner at my sisters' house. Have a Blessed Day.

Wow I love Kringle!!! (But I have never made it myself) Do you live in Wisconsin by any chance? I thought that was the only place you could get it. The only kind I have tried I didn't like was pumpkin. Almond is my favorite. We go to an annual reunion in Ky every year and take about 6 different kinds and it just gets devoured immediately!!

MissMay
April 1st, 2018, 08:31 PM
OK, what's kringle? Does sound like something I'd like.

DH and I just returned home after a nice Easter dinner with DS#1. We took the long way home driving through Asbury Park hoping to see some of the Easter Parade stragglers, think it was too chilly and windy for therm to hang around this year. Now for a nice cup of tea and getting things ready for the week ahead.

Anitamae56
April 1st, 2018, 08:44 PM
Happy Easter to all! My family just left, a wonderful time together.

cv quilter
April 1st, 2018, 08:59 PM
Today was in incredible EASTER, April 1, and the first Easter sermon our Grandson preached, and DH and I were there to see it and hear it and experience it. He is incredible! Very energetic, enthusiastic, and gave a wonderful He Is Risen sermon. Then to our DD and her wonderful hubby's home to celebrate with a delicious lunch of baked potato with ALL the trimmings, pulled pork sandwiches, fruit salad and yummy lemon cake and ice cream (2 kinds, yum, I love ice cream). Our grandson (the preacher) and his lovely wife were there, too, with LIDIYA!!!! our great granddaughter who will be one year old in 3 months. What a wonderful way to celebrate this wonderful day, and even better, to celebrate with family and loved ones.

jjkaiser
April 1st, 2018, 10:51 PM
OK, what's kringle? Does sound like something I'd like.

DH and I just returned home after a nice Easter dinner with DS#1. We took the long way home driving through Asbury Park hoping to see some of the Easter Parade stragglers, think it was too chilly and windy for therm to hang around this year. Now for a nice cup of tea and getting things ready for the week ahead.

Kringle is a Danish pastry and the official pastry of the State of Wisconsin. Its a flat pastry with lots of light flaky layers, I suspect a shocking amount of butter, and either finely chopped nuts or a single fruit such as apple, blueberry, raspberry, etc. It is made in a large oval shape with white icing on the top. It is flaky and sweet and just melts in your mouth. If you ever see it anywhere you really should try it. They sell it here year round.