PDA

View Full Version : Gabe Needs Our Prayers

auntiemern
March 31st, 2018, 11:21 AM
Those if you that have been around for a while, know the story of my grand son Gabe. Long story, short...he was almost killed by his sperm donor, when he was 6 weeks old. He beat him so severely that he had 4 skull fractures, a subdural hematoma, broken clavicle, bruised liver, and bruises all over his little body. He is truly a miracle, because most babies that have that many injuries, do not survive. He was in ICU for 3 weeks, and in the hospital for a total of 5, after that. He has had 5 surgeries to repair damage that was done to his head. The first one of them was to repair a growing fracture in his skull when he was 8 months old, and to put in a VP shunt, because the damage also caused hydrocephalus. He was also placed on anti seizure medication, when he was an infant. He remained on that until he was 2 and they took him off.

Now to why he needs your prayers. He had not had a seizure since he was 8 months old, and that was caused by the setting on the shunt system, following his first surgery. On March 16th, at about 8:45 AM, he had a grand mal seizure at school. We rushed him to the hospital (he refused to go in an ambulance) to see what was going on. He vomited all the way there. We were scared to death it was shunt failure, and they would have to do surgery on him. Thank God it wasn't. The did all kinds of tests, and found nothing that would have caused it. He then had to have an EEG a week later. Whatever it showed, they told DD, that he would have to go back on his anti seizure medication because he will be prone to seizures... (Still hasn't managed to get an actual appointment with the neurologist)
Last night while sleeping with his mom, which he always does, she was awaken to him having another seizure. She had to administer the diazepam to him because of how long it lasted. He was lucid and aware when he came out of it. He started on his medication Wed. at a lower dose, and is supposed to increase it this coming week.

It scares me so bad, I can barely breathe. For 9 years, he has been seizure free, and perfect in every way imaginable. He has some difficulties in school. He just has to be taught differently, because of how his brain works. But he is so smart. He plays baseball, and bowls. He is a wiz at computer and video games. He is also so very handsome.

I NEED my prayer warriors, and forum friends to pray for my little man, that these seizures stop, and he can continue to be the carefree, happy little guy we have loved for 9 years. Pray that this medication does its job, and he has no side effects from it. Pray that he can have the "normal" life that he has had his entire life, and he has no more seizures.

Cokie
March 31st, 2018, 11:25 AM
How scary and heartbreaking for Gabe and his family! I am saying a prayer right now.

KarenC
March 31st, 2018, 11:27 AM
Oh Marilyn, sorry to hear Gabe is having seizures. Prayers being offered to the rescue. Praying that these seizures will stop and God will take care of him and family.

SuzyQue
March 31st, 2018, 11:33 AM
My prayers have been added ......for Gabe and all of you.

JCY
March 31st, 2018, 11:35 AM
God bless Gabe. I'll be praying for him, also his mom. It's so scary when our kids have medical problems we can't fix. I hope the Rx does the trick. My niece has a son who was born with hydrocephalus & has had numerous surgeries. As a child he had almost daily seizures even while on medication. He also had a shunt. Modern medicine is amazing. Prayers, too, for wisdom for the doctors who care for him.

KPH
March 31st, 2018, 11:36 AM
Lifting prayers! God bless and keep Gabe close in his almighty healing arms.

Granny Fran
March 31st, 2018, 11:42 AM
Prayers on the way...........

Iris Girl
March 31st, 2018, 12:11 PM
Marilyn you know my well wishes and healing thoughts are with you and your family and especially Gabe. He deserves a normal life after all he has been through. I will be sending waves of healing thoughts your way for him. I understand how scary seizures are, having a family member that had them and my previous bosses daughter. If you have never seen anyone having a seizure it is very scary thing to watch. Hugs to all of you.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 31st, 2018, 12:33 PM
I am so sorry to hear about this setback. Here's hoping the medicine gets the seizures under control and he can continue the carefree life of a kid. He's a fighter and has over come so much already, with prayers and good medical care, he will continue to grow and thrive. I always remember Gabe in my prayers. Had such fun the other day with his sister and you at lunch. She's such a mature and good kid, I'm sure she is that way because of the support the family has given Gabe as he went through his treatments.

Georgie Girl
March 31st, 2018, 12:34 PM
It has sadden me to hear of Gabe's seizures. I will pray for all of you.

sewbizzy
March 31st, 2018, 12:42 PM
Marilyn, you know I will be sending prayers for Gabe...and for your family as well...he is truly a miracle boy...
hoping the medication will help and stop the seizures.

SallyO'Sews
March 31st, 2018, 12:48 PM
Praying right now, dear one. I'll also have some praying friends on it. Love, hugs, and blessings to you, your DD, and precious Gabe.

Debbie Watters
March 31st, 2018, 01:06 PM
Prayers being sent ...

pcbatiks
March 31st, 2018, 01:16 PM
Sending prayers for Gabe and family too.

laura44
March 31st, 2018, 01:18 PM
How scary, yes of course prayers being said, for Gabe and the family.

chelea
March 31st, 2018, 01:40 PM
Adding my prayers...

Jewel
March 31st, 2018, 02:00 PM
Prayers for Gabe, for you and all of your family.

Jewel

Kgrammiecaz
March 31st, 2018, 02:02 PM
Prayers being added for this handsome miracle boy. He has gone through so much and suceeded. Hugs to you and the family as well.

MaggieSue
March 31st, 2018, 02:16 PM
Adding my prayers to the group. Needed Kleenex to read this story. So sad!!!

MissMay
March 31st, 2018, 02:27 PM
Sending prayers for Gabe and all of you for the strength to to face this atest bump in the road and he's back being a normal kid.

Anitamae56
March 31st, 2018, 02:40 PM
For sure praying for Gabe. Also praying for all of you .

Carolnnc
March 31st, 2018, 03:34 PM
Prayers for no more seizures, healing & peace for Gabe.

Rhonda K
March 31st, 2018, 05:26 PM
Prayers for your dear grandson and your family.

Bubby
March 31st, 2018, 05:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this...of course I will be praying for Gabe, you and the rest of the family.

JaniceR
March 31st, 2018, 07:16 PM
Prayers for precious Gabe, and you and your daughter too. Praying the medicine works so that sweet child can get well and will have the happy, healthy life he deserves!!

Carol336
March 31st, 2018, 07:54 PM
Prayers going up for Gabe....and you and your daughter too. Praying for the meds to work for this cutie little guy.

Sandy Navas
March 31st, 2018, 07:55 PM
You got it. He's a member of our forum family - we all love him here!

Sharyn J
March 31st, 2018, 08:02 PM
Sending prayers for Gabe and all of your family.

grandma nurse
March 31st, 2018, 10:51 PM
Prayers going out for Gabe.

Ginny B
March 31st, 2018, 10:59 PM
Marilyn, so sorry to hear about Gabe's seizures. He is in my prayers.

Judy, USMC
March 31st, 2018, 11:13 PM
Prayers that the seizures stop for this brave little boy. Adding prayers that the entire family can return to normal after this scare. You know we all love him.

dwil23
April 1st, 2018, 04:41 AM
Agreeing with all in prayer.......

(((HUGS)))

Nwmnteacher
April 1st, 2018, 09:19 AM
Adding my prayers to everyone else's.

Jeanne

Connie Jo
April 1st, 2018, 09:22 AM
My prayers for Gabe and your family

SuzanneOrleansOntario
April 1st, 2018, 09:31 AM
Sending prayers for him and your family. I will ask my mom to pray for him as well. She works miracles. I am sorry to read how his problems began. No child deserves that.

Suzette
April 1st, 2018, 09:31 AM
Praying for this sweet boy.

Midge
April 1st, 2018, 11:07 AM
I'm so sorry to hear your precious Gabe is now experiencing more challenges. How is he coping? He's old enough now to have lots of feelings about what is happening. On this Easter morning, I hope it helps to think of the new life that is open to us all.

Carol336
April 1st, 2018, 12:09 PM
Put Gabe on the prayer list at our church this am Marilyn.......several hundred peeps sending prayers up for him.

amartin24
April 2nd, 2018, 09:19 AM
Prayers for Gabe and your family.