PDA

View Full Version : Hello Everyone

Carolyn
March 28th, 2018, 06:10 PM
I have not signed in for a few months, I was one of the unlucky ones which the flu decided to show just what it was capable of doing to a person. Nine days in intensive care, developed cardiac and numerous other problems. Oh what fun it was not. I was so weak that I could not even crumble crackers in my soup when I finally got back home, I would have cried if I had the energy to do so. It has been a long road back but I can now see the light at the end of the tunnel so to speak, even if it is still miles long. I see everyone has been accomplishing lots of projects. Post lots of pictures, I enjoy seeing them. I am on one level in my home and my quilting is on another so it will be months before I see my machine. I have this wonderful green tubing that follows me everywhere I go! Now I know how a dog feels on a leash. Lately I have been able to wonder the internet more, I even ordered some things. (like fabric) I must be getting better, you just can not keep a quilter down!

Carlie Wolf
March 28th, 2018, 06:21 PM
I was wondering where you were Carolyn. I'm so glad to see you again! Please, please be careful in getting your strength back and don't even overdo on good days :-) I think hubby should bring your sewing stuff to the right floor. Yes and even build an addition if necessary but then......that's just me LOL

CraftyJnet
March 28th, 2018, 06:43 PM
Carolyn, I'm glad you are feeling well enough to join us. I hope you feel better each day that passes.

KarenC
March 28th, 2018, 07:00 PM
Glad you are home and feeling somewhat better. The flu has been bad this year.

JCY
March 28th, 2018, 07:59 PM
Oh my goodness, what an ordeal you've had. So glad you're getting better. Just don't over do it. Good to see you back.

laura44
March 28th, 2018, 08:03 PM
Wow, how awful. So glad you are on the mend and
can join us again!

MSN
March 28th, 2018, 09:02 PM
I agree with Carlie Wolf--you need your sewing stuff. Even if you don't have strength to sew all day, it's very therapeutic to just sit and pet your fabric.

Welcome back from your ordeal, Carolyn, and I hope you feel stronger every day.

MaryUK
March 28th, 2018, 09:06 PM
Sorry to hear you've been so ill, but now on the mend. Be sure to stroke your new fabric even if you can't get to sew. And don't forget you can always plan new projects for when you're ready.

Cathy F
March 28th, 2018, 09:35 PM
I am so sorry to hear how ill you've been. I'm glad you are on the mend and hopefully will be able to start creating again in your sewing room soon.

pcbatiks
March 28th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Glad you are getting your strength back. Hope you can enjoy your new fabrics soon. :D

grammaterry
March 28th, 2018, 10:11 PM
Who would have thought...right? I am so sorry that we didn't know you were sick. Accept my good well wishes now and my prayers are on the way for a really speedy recovery. Maybe a pad of paper and some crayolas will inspire a new pattern you can look forward to making.

KPH
March 28th, 2018, 10:36 PM
I'm glad you're feeling better. It's been a horrible flu season this year. I think I'd be having a little printer handy with that computer and print out all of the neat things you're finding to try out as you're feeling better.

Mimi_Howard
March 28th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Hello Carolyn and welcome back. The flu bug was more of a monster this year for sure. Please don't rush the recovery.

201 Treadler
March 28th, 2018, 11:35 PM
welcome back to virtual sewing,
gosh so pleased your recovering, sounds like a nightmare for all, healing prayers

cv quilter
March 28th, 2018, 11:57 PM
Carolyn, so very sorry for the sick time you have had. I hope that you are now on the road to recovery and gaining your strength. Our son had the flu and just got over it. He said it was the sickest he has ever been and thought he was going to die. I am glad that you are now feeling stronger.

Judy, USMC
March 29th, 2018, 02:11 AM
Glad you made it through this terrible flu season and able to join us again. I understand how irritating it is to have that green leash but know how important it is in trying to recover from this illness. Welcome back to the forum!

Monique
March 29th, 2018, 06:14 AM
Welcome back. Take it one day at a time.

Bubby
March 29th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Hi Carolyn, so glad you are on the mend. The flu is really bad this year. I had it for 6 weeks. It's a good sign that you are ordering fabric! Welcome back....Hugs to you.

Nwmnteacher
March 29th, 2018, 12:42 PM
Carolyn, sooooo sorry to hear the flu took you down :-( I haven't "talked" to you for a long time. I still haven't finished the Civil War quilt, other projects keep getting in the way. Did you ever finish yours?

Jeanne