PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

Nwmnteacher
March 26th, 2018, 04:02 PM
If I could ask this loving group of quilters to pray for a family who suffered an incredible loss yesterday, I would be so thankful. I mentioned a few days ago that I was caring for 3 of our grandkids while my son and DIL were gone for a short vacation. On the way home from the airport in Fargo (2 1/2 hours away), they drove past an accident on I-29 involving a semi truck and another car. My DIL texted me a picture saying how sad she was because it looked like no one could have survived in the car. Not long after, she called and said she had just received a call from a gal who lives in our small town who happened to be grandmother of the kids in that crashed vehicle. Two little boys were killed: the 10 year old was a close friend of my oldest grandson. The family had moved to Fargo (from our town) at the beginning of this school year, but he had come back to stay with his grandmother quite often. He had come with my son's family for a weekend visit to our lake cabin last summer. We thought he was such a sweet and polite boy. The other little one was his 1 year old brother. Their 3 year old sister is in critical condition, and their mom is also in the hospital with broken bones. The dad was at home in Fargo at the time. The weather was terrible yesterday, and the interstate was icy and slushy. Apparently, the mom had moved into the passing lane, lost control of their vehicle, and the semi who had been behind them in the right lane, hit them. The highway patrol said it appeared the semi tried to avoid them, but they had spun out of control in front of him.

I can't begin to imagine what the family is going through. At this time, we're praying the little girl survives. My DIL, who is a professional photographer, had taken their family pictures last summer, and they are just the sweetest photos ever.. There has been a generous response, but there can never be too many prayers: prayers for strength, faith, and healing are needed. Thank you for listening.

Jeanne

Anitamae56
March 26th, 2018, 04:07 PM
So very sad. I will be praying.

KPH
March 26th, 2018, 04:08 PM
Lifting prayers right now and will add to my prayer list. It's so very hard when kids are involved.

Mimi_Howard
March 26th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Adding to my prayers !

MaggieSue
March 26th, 2018, 07:33 PM
So, so, sad, prayers for all!!!

Cokie
March 26th, 2018, 07:55 PM
These stories are always so heartbreaking, but when it hits so close to home, it's especially hard. Prayers for all.

Monique
March 26th, 2018, 08:13 PM
Heart breaking news. I will add my prayers.

MissMay
March 26th, 2018, 09:02 PM
Heart breaking news. I will add my prayers.
Yes it is, I'm adding them to my prayers also.

dwil23
March 27th, 2018, 05:00 AM
How horrible.

A sobering reminder to us all - life is so precious and can be gone in the blink of an eye. Slow down, don't take chances, that poor mother will have to live with the fact her children were killed when she tried to pass another vehicle in poor conditions.

Will certainly be keeping them all in my prayers, including your daughter who saw it all first hand.

ETA - please don't read this as judgemental - it could happen to any of us.

Bubby
March 27th, 2018, 07:56 AM
This is so terribly sad. I am praying for everyone involved.