PDA

View Full Version : Palm Sunday Morning Greetings

JCY
March 25th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Good Morning ~ It will be church this a.m. Hopefully this afternoon there will be time for sewing. I'm still working on the 1/4 Log Cabin blocks. I had ~1 hr. yest. afternoon to work on them. I have pieces left over that will work for another project. Lots of 2.5" squares & 2.5 x 4.5" pieces. I've been trying to think of a pattern in which to use them. I'm sure I can come up with something.

Yest. it was 74 deg. It was sunny most of the day, but clouded up in afternoon. We might get some rain this eve. into tomorrow a.m. I didn't sleep as well last night. It might be the change in the barometric pressure.

I hope everyone has a good day.

dwil23
March 25th, 2018, 09:22 AM
Wishing everyone a Blessed Palm Sunday.

It is hard to believe Easter is here. Summer is approaching much too fast. It will be here soon.

Bubby
March 25th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Wishing everyone a blessed Palm Sunday. We won't be able to make it to church today.

I hurt my back working at the apartments yesterday. Hopefully a day or so of rest and I will be good to go again. Dottie is still in bed and Jeff is hurting like a Big Dog. He wanted to work in the yard today but has changed his mind.

Have a peaceful day everyone.

TMP
March 25th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Good Morning to all!! It looks like it rained here last night and I welcome that to get rid of some of this awful green dust pollen. I hope everyone has a wonderful day and sunshine.

Mimi_Howard
March 25th, 2018, 10:57 AM
Good Morning All.
Bubby, rest that back and get better soon and while not hurting like a big dog, I feel for Jeff. My son helped me paint a bedroom yesterday and doesn't take much movement to have a muscle scream at me. STOP moving. So I think more cleaning/painting of that empty house is just going to have to wait a little longer. Down the hall I will be going to do some sewing today, I feel I have earned it. Hugs to all!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 25th, 2018, 11:38 AM
Good morning ladies.
It does feel like the day after a party. A kid's birthday party does both of us in for awhile. I think this will be one of the last all-family & kids parties. There are just too many and noisy. So starting with the oldest grand-daughter who turns 6 in April, and grandson who will be five in May. Both DD and DDIL have decided to host kid's friends and young cousins only at off-site places with activities organized by someone else. Grandparents are off the hook for these parties, but expected to have a meal and gift separately. We shall see. We might just hold a birthday dinner every 6 weeks for all who have a birthday in that month. This means that I will be able to go to 3 day retreat which always happens on GD birthday in Nov.

Easter will be different this year. We will go to restaurant with SS & family on Saturday night, and brunch at my mom's residence with DD and family. Mom will be pleased to see the GGKs. DH is not feeling good today, but that was expected. So it's a stay-in day. He is expected to go to work tomorrow. Since he can't drive, I will go with him and bring some hand sewing of the binding on a quilt.

Have a good day.

grammaterry
March 25th, 2018, 11:52 AM
I think we did the GC birthdays once or twice and decided not to do it. We don't even give them gifts on their birthdays which sometimes seems very bad but there are 19 of them and trying to remember just to call and wish them happy is all we can do. I do still give them Christmas gifts. THe parties have become so extravagant for most kids and I wonder if it really is a good thing. We didn't do it for our children so I guess they feel they missed something...
Didn't sew yesterday. Went into town and bought paint on ACE hardwares buy one get one sale. Got ceiling white and a muslin wrap for the living room. Still up to my old conservative picks. It is just too much work to go bold and regret it. Had lunch with a Shriner and dropped off the 33 quilts I have finished. He was sooooo excited. He and his fiancÚ are making plans for selling them.
Overcast and rainy here. I think its going to be rainy all week. Appropo for the season.

Nwmnteacher
March 25th, 2018, 12:23 PM
' Morning all,

It's gloomy and blustery here. Further south (Fargo area) they are getting some snow and ice, but I think we dodged the bullet.

We've had 3 of our grandkids with us since Thursday afternoon. It's been BUSY! It seems the older I get, it's harder to tolerate the noise and bickering that come with an 11 year old, 8 year old, and 5 year old. Their folks will be back by suppertime today, and as my DH said, it will be nice to get back to normal. Kids are so different now from when we raised ours. I saw that over the 38 years I taught elementary school. I love my GKs, but I like them in "smaller doses". :-) We were going to attend church this morning, but after taking them to a movie last evening and doing some WalMart shopping for necessities, and finally getting home around 9:00, the kids and I slept in until 8 this morning.....too late to get everyone ready for 9:00 church.

Needless to say, I haven't been in my sewing room for a few days. I hope everyone has a restful day. I know I'll be vegging out this evening!

Jeanne

toggpine
March 25th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Went into town and bought paint on ACE hardwares buy one get one sale. Got ceiling white and a muslin wrap for the living room. Still up to my old conservative picks. It is just too much work to go bold and regret it.

I like the more subtle wall colors myself, but we have a really open floorplan. I have to keep in mind how the colors will look when viewed from different vantage points. I love the samples you can buy now. Then I can test drive the color before I commit to the whole wall.
I'm set to finish the kitchen ceiling today and possibly get the blue on the wall with the sink. My sister bought me a sample of the tile for my back splash! It's sooo pretty!

I actually got some sewing done this week! I have a bunch of cutting to do now before the next big project comes on. I also have to get the stuff staged up for the after school sewing class that starts on Thursday!
Oh yeah, we have the extended family coming to the farm for Easter, and I agreed to help with an Easter meal for the family of our student who suffered a seizure and drown in our local Y pool last week. I got stuff two DO! I had better finish my last slurp of coffee and get going. (I did enjoy my first sleep in/semi-lazy morning in about a month though!)

Hugs to all of my Quilty friends! I hope you see some signs of spring in your neck of the woods! Cathy

KPH
March 25th, 2018, 02:44 PM
Good Afternoon,

Church was interesting today. The Sunday School hour we've done a series on bioethics. Today was the last of the series discussing Crispr research and possible implications. Some areas, it opens the door of hope of those suffering with diseases like sickle cell anemia, Muscular Dystrophy. Our discussion turned more to what ripple affect will happen with this technology. China is already doing research in using this technology with cancer patients. Hope? Potential Bio warfare? It's really interesting hearing what the people thought. I told my son when they brought up using pigs to create 'human transplant organs', my mind went straight to bacon. Geez, I ate breakfast before church, I shouldn't be thinking about those little piggies growing human heart valves... could we still have the bacon, or would that be cannibalism since they human DNA has been spliced in?

Anyway, we continued the book of Exodus during the morning service. It still seems strange that nothing was said about Palm Sunday with the adults. I asked about service on Thursday night- they don't do that. But they do have a Friday night service. I'm confused but guess it's what works for them. Next Sun. they'll have a pot luck breakfast, so I need to figure out something to take for that. No Sunday School but regular church service. I'm assuming we'll still be talking about Exodus.

I worked on adding the first border and prepping all of the scraps into piano key. There is almost enough to go all of the way around, but not enough. I'm thinking instead of using the white, I'm going to order some of the dark blue from the Aflutter line. I'll see what M* has available. I'm thinking about going ahead and picking up the DD too, I think it will make a nice baby quilt (since there are so many babies being born at church).

Prayers for those in need for peace, understanding, and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

JCY
March 25th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Paint colors: All the walls is our house are painted white. It's brighter & you can accent with any color. DS#1 has been working on the master BR of their home in MD. It's been long & involved, with wallpaper removal, patching with mud, etc. They also bought some of those paint samples to try out. They all were too dark. He took advantage of that Ace Hdwr. sale, too, -- buy one, get one free. Not sure if his wife has made a final decision on wall color, but I know he bought some white for the ceiling.

Our pastor's been doing a series on David. He tied today's message in with the Palm Sunday events. It was well done. Last year our church expanded to 2 campuses. On Easter, there will be 2 services at each location, so several of the pastoral staff will have to preach, since the sr. pastor logistically can't do all 4 services.

Birthday & Christmas gifts for grandchildren: Terry, I don't have as many gr. kids as you do, but we decided years ago what we would do. Since no one lives locally, & cost of postage adds up & it's hard to know what kids want, we have sent $ for BDs & Christmas until they reach 18 y.o. or graduate from HS. However, it bugs me that the parents don't make their kids send a thank you note or e-m. We taught them better. When they were growing up, we made our kids sit down & write thank you notes to their grand parents or whomever.

Well, I'm headed to the sewing room. I hope to have a productive afternoon.

grammaterry
March 25th, 2018, 11:13 PM
Joy, I know what you mean about the thank you notes. I post what few I have received from the GC on the fridge so they see them for years when they come to visit. I have one from one of the GC when he was 6, he is now 24 so yes, I treasure the little letters but there are so few of them. It seems they expect their parents to do the thanking. My oldest GS got married a few years back and I sent a $200 flat ware set...no acknowledgement...I fianally asked my DD if they had received it...yes...and that was that. I have decided to indulge those who come around and be kind to the ones who don't. THey need to learn that there is no entitlements in this family. ha ha.