PDA

View Full Version : The final chapter . . .

BethB
March 23rd, 2018, 02:40 PM
It is with an extremely sad heart that I have to tell you that my husband passed away this morning about 11:25. They took his breathing tube out yesterday about 11:10 a.m. He had just been through too much with the cancer, pneumonia, blood infection, perforated bowel, his body just could not heal itself. Just don't forget to tell your better half that you love him/her everyday. Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers as I went through this horrible journey. He had been in the hospital since March 1 and this has been the worst month of my life.

Nancy

Astatoo
March 23rd, 2018, 02:44 PM
Sending lots of hugs and prayers for you and your family.

Carlie Wolf
March 23rd, 2018, 02:51 PM
I'm so sorry Nancy, my prayers are with you too.

KPH
March 23rd, 2018, 02:57 PM
I am so sorry Nancy. My thoughts and prayers are with you. This has been a most difficult journey for you and yours.

Star lover
March 23rd, 2018, 03:01 PM
Oh Nancy, my heart aches for and with you. Love, hugs and continued prayers through the coming days.

Rhonda K
March 23rd, 2018, 03:10 PM
I am sorry for your loss of your husband. Prayers and comfort for you and your family at this time.

CraftyJnet
March 23rd, 2018, 03:25 PM
Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss.

MaggieSue
March 23rd, 2018, 03:26 PM
My deepest sympathy for your loss, prayers and (((hugs))) for all!!!

Jewel
March 23rd, 2018, 03:35 PM
Sending prayers for comfort and strength and for healing.

Jewel

chelea
March 23rd, 2018, 03:43 PM
I'm so very sorry, Nancy. Prayers for you and your family for the strength to get through the days to come.

KarenC
March 23rd, 2018, 03:57 PM
Sorry for your loss. I have been thinking about you often. May God give you strength to accept his decision and move on to the next journey.

jjkaiser
March 23rd, 2018, 04:13 PM
I am so sad for you. Life doesn't get any harder than this. My deepest sympathy to you and your family.

Carolnnc
March 23rd, 2018, 04:16 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I have been & will continue to pray for you & your family. My deepest condolences.

azmotogirl
March 23rd, 2018, 04:18 PM
Sympathies to you and your family. I will continue to pray for all of you while you navigate this difficult time.

Sandy Navas
March 23rd, 2018, 04:22 PM
Very special prayers to guide you through this very difficult time.

seaturtle
March 23rd, 2018, 04:47 PM
So very sorry to hear about your loss, Nancy. My deepest condolences and continued prayers for you and your family.

Iris Girl
March 23rd, 2018, 04:55 PM
My deepest sympathy for your loss.

dwil23
March 23rd, 2018, 05:03 PM
So, so sorry. I will keep you and your family in my prayers as you transition into a "new normal". These times are never easy, butyou will get through.

(((HUGS)))

Nwmnteacher
March 23rd, 2018, 05:05 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, Nancy. Prayers for healing and comfort.

sew-what2015
March 23rd, 2018, 05:07 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I will keep you and your faamily in my prayers.

Bubby
March 23rd, 2018, 05:18 PM
I am so sorry for you loss. You have gone through a nightmare. My prayers are with you and your family. We are here for you, Nancy.

Georgie Girl
March 23rd, 2018, 05:26 PM
So sorry for your loss. There are not enough words to make you feel better but know that your dear husband is no longer in pain and is now is in the hands of the Lord.

Bouse
March 23rd, 2018, 06:17 PM
So sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family as you face this new chapter in your life.

grammaterry
March 23rd, 2018, 06:36 PM
My heart is so full of sadness and no words will make this better today. We love you beth and God will get you thru this awful time. I had so much hope and I know you did too. In this time of mourning, remember that God gave his only begotten son so that we could have everlasting life. You will meet DH again and in the meantime, you must be strong and give this life your best effort. be happy for your DH that he has moved to a greater place and will be watching over you.

Debbie Watters
March 23rd, 2018, 06:47 PM
So sorry to hear about your husband. Please remember that you and your family are in my prayers.

Monique
March 23rd, 2018, 06:52 PM
Aw I was afraid to read the post. Words can not express the deep sadness I feel for you and your family. I know it hasn't been easy for you. He is no longer suffering and for that you can be grateful at least. The days ahead will not be easy but know that we all are with you in spirit and here when you need us. Can you add your address to your user notes please and thank you.

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 23rd, 2018, 06:53 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, you and your family are in my prayers

Tracie T
March 23rd, 2018, 06:54 PM
oh my...I'm so sorry to hear this. You will continue to be in my prayers.

Cokie
March 23rd, 2018, 06:57 PM
Nancy, I'm so very sorry to hear of your husband's passing. Praying for comfort for you and your family during this difficult time.

JCY
March 23rd, 2018, 07:05 PM
Dear Nancy ~ My heart goes out to you & your family. This is a difficult time, but with God's strength you will work through it. Take plenty of time to grieve. (It can be a long process.) Know that we love you & are praying for you. May God bring you His peace & comfort. Extending my sympathies.

grandma nurse
March 23rd, 2018, 07:37 PM
Nancy , Iím so sorry for your loss. Prayers still going your way for comfort.

sewbizzy
March 23rd, 2018, 07:46 PM
Nancy, I am so sorry for your loss...sending prayers for you and your family...

MRoy
March 23rd, 2018, 08:23 PM
I'm so sorry. Praying for God's comfort on you and your family in the coming days.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 23rd, 2018, 08:34 PM
Nancy, I am so sad to hear this. He had such a battle to fight. I am glad your son could be with you during these last difficult days. You have my deepest sympathy on your loss. Please take time for yourself to rest after these extremely difficult weeks.

wlrquilts
March 23rd, 2018, 08:37 PM
Nancy, I am so very sorry for your loss.

Angelia
March 23rd, 2018, 08:38 PM
I am sorry to hear this.

bakermom
March 23rd, 2018, 08:52 PM
Sorry for your loss

Mimi_Howard
March 23rd, 2018, 08:57 PM
I am so sorry for your loss, big hugs to you and will keep you and the family in my prayers. We are all here for you!

JulieC
March 23rd, 2018, 08:58 PM
I am very sorry to hear of your loss. Thoughts & prayers to you and your family.

cv quilter
March 23rd, 2018, 09:20 PM
Oh Nancy, I have been away for 4 days, had no internet, had not been able to read this forum until tonight as I return...I am more than sorry. What a horrible time, what a FIGHT your DH put up, what an incredibly amount of issues he had to deal with. AND what a hard time you are experiencing now. I pray for God's blessings on you and your family. No words will ever bring you comfort, but I pray that knowing your friends are praying for you does.

MaryUK
March 23rd, 2018, 09:41 PM
I am so very sorry to read your post. This last month has been so tough for you and your family, your DH put up such a hard fight.

Please take your time to come to terms with everything, you know we are here for you and will uphold you in thoughts and prayers.

Vonnie
March 23rd, 2018, 10:05 PM
I'm am so very sorry for your loss.

K. McEuen
March 23rd, 2018, 10:45 PM
So sorry for your loss. You and your son are in my thoughts during this time.

Mom23
March 23rd, 2018, 11:41 PM
Nancy, I'm so sorry to hear this. Your family is in my prayers.

JaniceR
March 24th, 2018, 12:11 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss. There are no adequate words to comfort you. I have been praying for you and will continue to keep you and your family in my prayers.

Anitamae56
March 24th, 2018, 12:55 AM
Many many prayers to you

quilt_gems_25
March 24th, 2018, 01:26 AM
So sorry to hear the sad news. You are in my prayers.

toggpine
March 24th, 2018, 01:59 AM
This has been a sucky month for a lot of people I know. We have had too many lost this last month.
I am so sorry for your loss. I will pray for peace and comfort for you during this difficult time.

laura44
March 24th, 2018, 02:07 AM
I'm so sorry, may you find some peace during this difficult time.
Praying for you.

Judy, USMC
March 24th, 2018, 02:07 AM
Extending my sincere condolences along with the others you have received. There are no words to describe the feelings you have. Please know my heart is with you.

bubba
March 24th, 2018, 02:32 AM
I am so very, very sorry. You are in my thoughts ♥

MSN
March 24th, 2018, 03:38 AM
Adding my condolences to the many already posted. This has been a difficult journey for you, Nancy. Take time to rest and reflect on your beautiful memories of your husband. May you continue to feel the support of your Forum friends as you adjust to your new normal.

Hailey3656
March 24th, 2018, 06:45 AM
I am so sorry for your loss.

lapeoples
March 24th, 2018, 07:26 AM
Very sorry for your loss.

Carol336
March 24th, 2018, 07:35 AM
Oh Beth, I'm so very sorry for your loss. I know it's a relief to know he's not suffering any longer, but I also know that that alone doesn't lessen the pain you are feeling right now. I'm praying for that your good memories of all the years you've had together will bring you comfort in the coming days.

Cathy F
March 24th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Nancy, I'm very sorry for your lost.

Navy Wife
March 24th, 2018, 10:17 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss. My prayers are with you and family.

TMP
March 24th, 2018, 11:11 AM
I have been thinking of you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss. Sending hugs and prayers to you .

EnumclawGramma
March 24th, 2018, 11:27 AM
So very sorry for you loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you move through these difficult days.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 24th, 2018, 11:39 AM
My sincere sympathies Nancy, to you and your family. My thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad time. His pain has been lifted, but the happy memories will be with you and loved ones forever.

auntiemern
March 24th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Nancy, I am so saddened by this news. Hugs and prayers winging your way.

Patty J
March 24th, 2018, 01:27 PM
Let me add my condolences to all the other ones above, Many people will be holding you and your family in their thoughts and prayers, May you feel the warmth and caring that each of us wish for you and your family. May you be surrounded by Gods' Love always on your journey.

Ginny B
March 24th, 2018, 03:05 PM
I am so sorry. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

mommadeb
March 24th, 2018, 04:08 PM
I'm so sorry Nancy, my prayers are with you and your family.

Granny Fran
March 24th, 2018, 04:31 PM
You are loved and I wish you much support in these sad days.

MissMay
March 24th, 2018, 04:48 PM

Wrapping you in prayers.

Learner quilter
March 24th, 2018, 07:18 PM
condolences

201 Treadler
March 25th, 2018, 01:39 AM
so sorry to hear this, always in thoughts and prayers, through this sad time.

pcbatiks
March 25th, 2018, 05:46 AM
I’m so very sorry to hear this Nancy. You have our heartfelt sympathy and prayers. Sending prayers for strength and peace for the days ahead.

Sorry I didn’t see this sooner. I haven’t been on the forum much the last few days.

Patsquilting
March 25th, 2018, 04:11 PM
My deepest sympathies ! Prayers go with you.

Cyndie
March 26th, 2018, 08:47 AM
I am so very sorry for your loss! Hugs to you and yours.

amartin24
March 26th, 2018, 08:48 AM
I wasn't on the forum for a few days and was so saddened to see your husband had passed. I had been praying for you , your husband and family for God's will in your decision as well as His comfort and peace. Prayers continue as you go through this grieving process. It's all so very hard and sad but take comfort that your husband expressed to you that he did not want to live this way. God Bless you!

LLLinda
March 26th, 2018, 11:17 AM
I don't know how I would feel right now if I were you.Maybe like part of me was missing, anxious and jumping from one thing to the next; also a sense of relief for DH, frustration over all the details that must be attended to. I don't know if family and friends around would make me feel better or if I would prefer to work it all out on my own. Tell us how you are getting through each day. I find that if I face and acknowledge everything I can be more calm.

Lyrical
March 26th, 2018, 03:08 PM
I am so sorry Nancy.

Dollyquilts
March 26th, 2018, 07:37 PM
Nancy, I'm so sorry for your loss and the pain and anguish you are experiencing. My prayers are with you for peace and healing.

geegeequilts
March 27th, 2018, 12:04 PM
Beth
I was out of town when you first posted the news of your husband's passing & unable to access M* . I am so very sorry to hear this sad & heartbreaking update. I'll give you my favorite & hopefully saying that I give to anyone losing a loved one...Cry when you need to, smile when you can...one day you'll be able to have the infamous watery smile we all know. After a while you'll be able to remember the happy times & have the smile of remembrance. You'll know when that is for you it is different for everyone.

Just know you are not alone...we're here for you & your family. May GOD hold you close & comfort you in this sad, sad time.

Gina

Connie Jo
March 28th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Nancy I am soooo sorry. I knew last week things did not sound good. But, I continued prayers for you and your family. If there is anything at all I can do, please let me know. I am so sorry. Continued prayers. Hugs

Midge
March 28th, 2018, 03:46 PM
Nancy, I am so very sorry to hear your husband died. I know he suffered a lot with this series of complications, and also that you were a rock for him. I hope you get comfort from knowing that your attentiveness and love were consistent throughout his illness. Hugs to you.