PDA

View Full Version : Friday Trivia: Bach

Star lover
March 23rd, 2018, 07:04 AM
Johann Sebastian Bach was a prolific composer, writing more than a thousand known works starting when he was a teenager and continuing until his death in 1750 at age 65.

They're all cataloged in the Bach-Werke-Verzeichnis, or the Bach Works Catalog, commonly known as the BWV.

Bach was prolific in another way as well: He fathered 20 children in his lifetime seven with his first wife, Maria Barbara, and 13 with his second wife, Anna Magdalena.

151274. Maria Barbara Bach

151275. Anna Magdalena Bach

Ten of them survived to adulthood and four became composers.

Vonnie
March 23rd, 2018, 07:56 AM
I did not know that about him. Look at the waistline on his first wife! I wonder if the painter shaved off some inches.

It's sad that only 10 survived childhood. But back then that was normal.

KPH
March 23rd, 2018, 09:25 AM
I did not know that about him. Look at the waistline on his first wife! I wonder if the painter shaved off some inches.

It's sad that only 10 survived childhood. But back then that was normal.

Oh the associations made with our friends comments... thinking back to that iconic scene in Gone with the Wind, with Vivian Leigh holding on to the bed post!

Vonnie
March 23rd, 2018, 10:15 PM
Oh the associations made with our friends comments... thinking back to that iconic scene in Gone with the Wind, with Vivian Leigh holding on to the bed post!

I have seen more than one movie where a lady is holding on to something and someone else is pulling hard on those laces! I won't even wear a girdle let alone a corset! Didn't ladies faint a lot in those days?!