PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for tomorrow please

Cokie
March 19th, 2018, 11:49 PM
Tomorrow (Tuesday) DH has appointments at Cleveland Clinic for a couple of procedures for which he has to be sedated. He is convinced that he will wake up during one of them and he has himself all worked up over it. He said that he actually talked to the doctor today and the doctor has some concerns too based on past experience with DH and this type of sedation. I wasn't home to hear the conversation so I'm not sure exactly what was said on either end. He talked to the transplant coordinator who encouraged him to go ahead and keep the appointment. So...we are going anyway and hopefully will have more information and a better understanding when we get there. I tried to get DH to reschedule until he understood the procedure enough to be comfortable with the type of sedation they will use, but he's so stubborn! And he's convinced that everyone is against him and no one is trying to help him and no one is listening to him, etc., etc., etc. Prayers for a successful procedure, a good outcome, and patience all around will be much appreciated! Oh, and safe travels as well - it is supposed to snow tomorrow afternoon. Thank you all so much.

KPH
March 20th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Lifting prayers, hoping with you that everything comes out alright.

Anitamae56
March 20th, 2018, 12:43 AM
Praying!! Many thoughts too!

sewbizzy
March 20th, 2018, 12:50 AM
Sending prayers for the procedures to go well and the weather be good for your travel..

jjkaiser
March 20th, 2018, 12:51 AM
I will be thinking of you both tomorrow and hoping with you that they can just hurry up and get it over with. It's kind of crazy your DH is convinced everyone on the medical staff is against him, I am sure he is completely mistaken about that.

Debbie Watters
March 20th, 2018, 01:49 AM
Praying for safe travels, that procedures go well, and you have peace of mind ...

GaGa
March 20th, 2018, 02:32 AM
Many thoughts and prayers!

Star lover
March 20th, 2018, 06:52 AM
Oh Cokie, sometimes the imagination is its worst enemy. I'll be praying for you, your husband, and the medical staff......and safe travels! Sending big hugs......may the Lord bring comfort and strength and safety.

Mom23
March 20th, 2018, 09:24 AM
Prayers for your husband. I hope the hospital staff takes your husband's concerns seriously and calms his fears.

Bubby
March 20th, 2018, 09:35 AM
My prayers will be with your DH and you. This has to be a daunting procedure for him.

Navy Wife
March 20th, 2018, 10:58 AM
It's amazing how our minds can trick us into believing things that are not true. Praying for peace of mind and success in the procedures.

MissMay
March 20th, 2018, 11:54 AM
It's tomorrow, Tuesday, and I pray all is going well with your DH.

geegeequilts
March 20th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Prayers being sent for a good outcome. Extra prayers for your husband as well. Keep us posted.

Gina

Cokie
March 20th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Thank you all for your prayers. DH got through both procedures and he did have trouble with the sedation. He also had a wonderful, kind and compassionate doctor who worked with him and was able to complete both procedures, although not as thoroughly as he would have liked. He is sending the report to the "head doctor" (I'm not sure what his title is, but he is the one who is ordering all of the tests for the evaluation) with the recommendation that they repeat them under anesthesia so DH will not be awake at all, vs. the type of sedation he had today. DH is just relieved that it's over now. Our son went with us today and kept me company - it took almost 4 hours for the procedures. We stopped on the way home tonight and ate at Cracker Barrel (DH's favorite) and I think he felt better after eating something too. And the snow was just a few flurries on the way home - nothing sticking on the ground so we had no travel problems. I truly appreciate all the prayers today. Thanks to all of you for keeping us in your thoughts.

SallyO'Sews
March 20th, 2018, 11:31 PM
Thanks for the update, Cokie - been praying and will continue! Hope you get a good night's sleep.

KarenC
March 20th, 2018, 11:52 PM
Thanks for the update. Glad things went well and only slight flurries of snow for you. Thankful for the caring and compassionate doctor.

Star lover
March 21st, 2018, 06:49 AM
So thankful for the good outcome and travel mercies. Hope and pray everything continue to go well!

KPH
March 21st, 2018, 07:37 AM
So glad to read your update. Keeping you and your in my prayers.

geegeequilts
March 21st, 2018, 06:15 PM
Time for a good long snooze. Take some time to relax a bit.

Gina