PDA

View Full Version : Of Two Minds...

SallyO'Sews
March 19th, 2018, 09:45 PM
I'm of two minds about the latest weather forecast for this week: the FOURTH snowstorm in as many weeks - this one is set to dump 6 to 12 inches of white stuff here in central Connecticut on Wednesday.

While part of me feels like I just want it to be warm and Spring-like (after all, it WILL be Spring officially tomorrow), the prospect of another snow day means more time in the sewing room, so....

Hope things are warm and sunny where you are!

grammaterry
March 19th, 2018, 10:08 PM
ME TOOOOOOOOO

URIBARRI-MAYOR
March 19th, 2018, 11:20 PM
In my country sprint will not come on the rightful day because we are under a great storn of cold and rain, although the snow does not usually visit us and according to the weekend another great storn will come, it seems that this year the sun is very far we are eagerly waiting for you to remember us and visit us to stay long

KPH
March 20th, 2018, 12:16 AM
I barely remember, when I was little there was a March where it snowed every Wednesday in Greensboro, NC. It's like that cycle has come back again.

We're expecting more thunderstorms tomorrow. I personally had my fill of thunder last night.

jjkaiser
March 20th, 2018, 12:47 AM
Well no snow here in Wisconsin but it's just so darned cold, in the low 20's at night and low 30's during the day--and the wind!!! Coming from the north a steady 20+ mph. Brrrr. And yes it is definitely still hats and mittens around here. Enough already

Angelia
March 20th, 2018, 12:50 AM
With weather, you get what you get--take advantage, and sew, sew, sew!

quilt_gems_25
March 20th, 2018, 02:03 AM
Looks like the storm is thinking of going a little further south. Forecast here is to stay inside where it is warm and find some UFOs to work on. Everyone be safe.
My Dad, a farmer, always told me to plant my spinach seeds on the last snow of winter and let the melting carry the seeds underground. Looks like this year I will be able to do that on the first spring snow. :)

Star lover
March 20th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Guess there's always two sides to a coin.....in this case sew or not to sew. I prefer to sew, it am DONEwith snow even if it means not sewing. Cause I'll still sew, even when the weather gets better, just maybe not as much. But enough already! We bet what we get, any change it, but if I had my druthers, no more snow!

On a happy note....I just checked the weather. We were to get 8" of snow Saturday......heee heeee......now it's saying 0! Still cold, but......Yeah! Oh wow, I'm doin a happy dance.....OK, rant over.....come on spring!

So sad for those along the east coast.....whew, I'm wishing for better for y'all.....soon!

Blondie
March 20th, 2018, 08:33 AM
We are expecting mixed precip today and tomorrow. Hoping it will be like the snow we had last week - here today and gone tomorrow! The ground is warm enough to repel most from sticking for long, hopefully. Our biggest concern of course is the power lines to be hit again. Don't get me started on that one! Since it has rained most of the night I intend on staying in and cleaning in my sewing room a bit and then sitting down to tackle a new and different block for me. Cheers!

Carlie Wolf
March 20th, 2018, 10:12 AM
We have a winter storm warning for tonight into Wednesday. 6 to 8 inches. I'll tell you though, I don't believe we'll get that here and the good news is it will melt fast :-) It does mean I'll have to run out to the library, and also pick up some of the things I'm out of!

Navy Wife
March 20th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Most of our predicted snow is in the mountains, so we're to get a dusting. Maybe that will be like the severe storms we were supposed to have last night. The system split and went to Kentucky and Georgia instead. We had about 30 minutes of heavy rain and a couple of lightning bolts. It wasn't even enough to make the cat hide under the bed!