PDA

View Full Version : Down with FLU

LindaKay75
March 19th, 2018, 04:39 PM
It's been pretty bad. I thought I had avoided it since I heard on the news the worst is over, but it caught up with me Friday. So I've been in bed since. Started with chills, then fever, then diarrhea, then sore throat and now today it's the tummy, nausea and more diarrhea. I just had instructions from my doctor to take Imodium with plenty of water. So you can see this flu ran it's course, step by step. It never got bad enough to visit the ER, thank goodness for that because that would have been at least a 6 hour wait. No, I didn't take the flu shot, never do. I think I know where I picked up the germ, from a Home Depot clerk who announced her husband was home sick with the flu and she wasn't feeling that well herself but had to come to work. HELLO! I went in store for one thing, a light bulb and came out with flu germs. I had on a mask also, never leave home without it during the flu season. So much for wearing the mask. Sorry I couldn't invite you to my pity party. This soon will pass.

Monique
March 19th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Aw feel better soon.

Kgrammiecaz
March 19th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Feel better quickly. The flu is not a happy place to be.

Carlie Wolf
March 19th, 2018, 04:55 PM
Hateful! And you've been so careful. Get well soon

Bubby
March 19th, 2018, 05:27 PM
I danced with the flu for 6 weeks. It's not fun. You can't rush your recovery or you will relapse and it will be worse the second time around. Lots of fluids, sleep as much as you can and steam yourself if you get stuffy. Feel Better Soon!!

KPH
March 19th, 2018, 08:10 PM
Hope you feel better soon.

Cokie
March 19th, 2018, 08:36 PM
I hope you're soon feeling better. The flu is no fun!

cv quilter
March 19th, 2018, 08:39 PM
No "LIKE" on your post...instead I am so sorry for your being down with this horrible flu. Praying that you will soon be over the worst and finally feeling better.

JCY
March 19th, 2018, 11:20 PM
Our pastor had the flu, too, & it's taking him a long time to get totally well. Re: the clerk with germs & your wearing a mask. Did she touch the items you purchased? You could have picked up the germs from your hands. I was quite upset one time when I had groc. checked out by a sick checker. She blew her nose, etc. And of course handled all my groc. That was prior to when employees had those small bottles of antiseptic at their work stations. When I got home I thoroughly wiped down every item. I called back to the store & gave them feedback on the situation.

Mimi_Howard
March 20th, 2018, 12:06 AM
Well I took flu shot and pneumonia shot and it got me too. Missed 2 weeks of work and took 4 or maybe 5 visits to urgent care. Today was my follow up and unless I feel crappy I don't have to go back. BUT I am taking things so slooooooooow, doesn't take much to zap what little energy I have. So please don't rush back into things. So easy for your mind to write checks the body can't cash (dealing with cabin fever that is) This weekend I might wage war on the dust bunnies... MIGHT.. we shall see. And the cobs, well those webs aren't gonna attack me, no need to sleep with one eye open.

quilt_gems_25
March 20th, 2018, 02:07 AM
Argh! I hope you feel better. This is not the year to get the flu. Wrap up in a warm quilt and rest so you are up and about quickly.