PDA

View Full Version : Where did the weekend go?

Blondie
March 19th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Hello Folksies!

What a busy weekend! As many of you may remember, weekends are fairly sacrosanct to me personally. I rarely turn on the computer at all. It is far too easy to get lost in something being researched or looked for and ooopsy! the morning is gone and I am tired and lost all ambition. Not that this doesn't happen everyday . . . I just decided several years ago to manage my own time. That is partly because those lost times are rabbit holes for me. I keep chasing that wascally wabbit until I have forgotten my name!

So, I worked this weekend of course. Hair needs be done for the weekend. I finished up later than I expected to on Saturday. Hubby and I went to the dreaded Walmart where one can go broke saving money, right? The kids across the road needed some Grammy attention so I peeled myself off of all the things that needed to be done and forced myself to kissy kissy giggle giggle with a few wiggles thrown in. On Sunday afternoon since it was such a lovely day, sis and I decided to get started in Mom's yard. Now mind you, it was just a surveillance of what really need to be done because we are expecting more weather this week. We wound up staying with Mommy last night. We three girls pored over old photos once again, listened to old stories once again. I just came home a few minutes ago after very little sleep. After a shower and a few kissy kissy giggle giggle with the hubbys, sis and I will be back at Mom's to finish up a bit and take notes on the future garden way.

Hope each one here had a good weekend and a better week. I'll come back online later on today. I may even get a nap.

Star lover
March 19th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Good morning Blondie.

Yup, know all about rabbit holes......that's how I find Trivia stuff.
But I do try to unplug on the weekends too.
Enjoy your nap, the snuggles, kisses and hugs.

KPH
March 19th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Hugs, snuggles and kisses make is all worthwhile. I've been down the rabbit hole too long this morning. So, I'm off. It would be good to be dressed before the grands get here for the morning. It's still raining, but the thunder and lightening have stopped. Should get some sun later today and have more rain this evening.

We'll have several errands to run this afternoon and I need to make one last pass through the tax stuff before we drop it off tomorrow. It's going to be a busy couple of days.

grammaterry
March 19th, 2018, 10:17 AM
As the weather gets better, I will find myself less and less involved in the computer. I folded and folded little squares last night after cutting those little squares all day yesterday. 4 hours of ironing yielded me 125 little envelopes for the cathedral window. I am up to 400 now. Half way there. Whew! I forgot about that part.
Finished the quilt I was FMQing yesterday, got it bound and ready for the Shriners.
Walked the property yesterday with that glorious spring day. Fed the Gold fish. Picked a bundle of flowers for a vase in the house. Watched the weather and winter is coming this week....again....

TMP
March 19th, 2018, 10:42 AM
Phone woke me up this morning grrr .Blondie, my hair looks like the picture you posted this morning and I have people coming to the house in a few. My son will be here tonight and I am excited to get to see him even if its just for him to spend the night. Sandy is hyper- dog this morning and I am not ready for it yet. I can't even walk for her. I need coffee bad . Have a great day everyone.

MissMay
March 19th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Blondie I'm glad you got some smoochy time with the grand kids, keep you in a good mood and prevents you from any shenanigans.

DH, DS#1 and I enjoyed our corned beef dinner last night complete with delicious Irish Soda Bread. Plenty meat & veggies left over so we'll enjoy everything the 2nd time around. Going to leave my St. Paddy Day wall hanging up til the end of the month and just realized I don't have any Easter bunny one. OK, I'll push that up to the top of my TO DO List. I don't do a lot of Holiday decorating like I used to so a table runner or small wall hanging does a good job nowadays.
Also need my morning visit to the M* forum to make it complete.

JCY
March 19th, 2018, 02:42 PM
Good Morning ~ I'm just getting here, at least long enough to chat a bit. I've been busy with laundry, fixing DH's salads, etc. Made a quick run to the dental office to pick up a bottle of HMD (= Heavy Metal Detox). I'm supposed to use 45 drops in water 3 xs/day prior to my appt. next Mon., when the dentist will be removing an amalgam (mercury) filling. If he can save the tooth, he will, but it might need a crown. So begins the dental work, which probably will continue over the next few weeks, since I need some fillings & for sure 3 crowns. My ins. pays diddling squat, but at least by being "in network", I get somewhat of a discount, even though I have to pay out of pocket -- half up front (crown prep) & the other half when the work is completed & crown is placed.

Our two rabbits continue to hang around the back yard. The momma was busy again yest. gathering more grass in her mouth & taking it under the shed for her nest.

Yest. afternoon I sewed together the 4 rows of the latest quilt & sewed borders on 2 sides. I'll try to finish it today.

We had a sunny morning yest. It got up to 64 deg. Mid afternoon, the clouds rolled in & the temp. dropped. By evening it was raining steadily, then switched over to big fluffy flakes of snow. It stuck just to the grassy areas. Later, it switched back to rain. Clear skies today, & the snow already has melted. We might see 70 before the end of the week.

I'm still researching on line for a white noise sound spa for my BR. I'm sleeping ok without it, but I sure do miss it. I'm also researching for a water pik. I want to place an order for all my items at the same time with Amazon. I also need some pull-on jeans that have the elastic waist. I cannot find any locally. I hate not being able to try on clothes, but I don't have a choice this time.

Well, I need to get on with my day.

MissMay
March 19th, 2018, 10:41 PM
Forgot to add these photos earlier, March 19th is St. Joseph's Day and of course Italians celebrate with food!

tamsterg7
March 20th, 2018, 12:20 AM
You always make me smile!

jjkaiser
March 20th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Miss May I'll be right over. That food looks scrumptious! This weekend I caught sight of my frightful self in the mirror while getting out of the shower (note to self stay away from the mirror when unclothed) and thought gee I really need to lose a few pounds. But today I'm like, who am I kidding?!! I love to eat, and I have a particular weakness for pastries!!