PDA

View Full Version : Sunday - Sunday!

JCY
March 18th, 2018, 09:07 AM
Good Morning ~ Of course, it's still dark outside. I had a productive afternoon sewing yest. I finished the last 3 quilt blocks, then got the blocks sewn together into rows. Today I'll sew the rows together, then decide if I want to add a border. The Bordered 9-P went together so easily. It's really a beginner's pattern, so it's all straight line stitching. Very few seams to match when assembling. I've been thinking I'll make this pattern again but use baby or children's fabrics. I'll probably also make the smaller size blocks (like Jenny's tut) from some JRs I have on hand.

My sound spa (white noise for sleeping) machine died a couple days ago. I've had that for >20 yrs., so I certainly got my money's worth. It even went with me to England in 1998 (had to use batteries there). I really miss it. The neighbor's had a St. Paddy's Day party & lots of folks were out on their deck last night. By the time I went to bed, the crowd had thinned. I noticed the house still was lit up at 3 a.m. I don't know when those folks sleep. I've been searching on line for a new spa. I think I've found what I want at Amazon. I have a couple other items I want to order, so probably will do that all at the same time.

Well, it will be church this a.m. Sewing this afternoon. Have a good day.

Bubby
March 18th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good morning Joy and Everyone,

Our brisket is simmering away and today we will have our St. Pat's dinner. We worked at the apartments all day and just wanted some Tylenol and a nap when we got home....getting old around here.

I'm catching up on laundry this morning. When I get off here I will put together some homemade rolls, as we don't care for soda bread. At least Jeff doesn't care for it and it's not worth making it for just myself.

Joy, you will appreciate this. My GG Rose was very strict and very religious and when I was a wee girl she worried about my soul constantly. She used to tell me that when (if) I got to Heaven that I would have to pick out every stitch I ever sewed on Sunday with my nose! If she's correct, you all know what I'll be doing for my first 100 years there. I have a feeling I'll have lots of good company there.

Have a great day everyone.....Hugs!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 18th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good morning,
Looks like everyone had a productive Saturday. It was supposed to be a sewing day, but I needed more fabric to finish my friend's quilt. So we went together to this country LQS and all the fabric we needed was 50% off. She got the fabric for the border, binding, extra blocks, 2 pillow shams and 3 toss pillows in the coordinating fabric. My friend paid for this lot of fabric as I am doing this for love, not money. It was a full shop as the owner had 50% off all batik fabrics and Shimmer fabrics. Yeah. I just got another cute panel of the new easter bunnies print and coordinating purple dots. I will make an apron for my son's friend who loves and has rabbits. She likes to cook also, so this will be a nice little gift.

We also stopped for lunch at a bakery in another village on the way home. Best sandwiches and bought goodies for home, some maple bacon donuts. Real bacon. Yum. Monique - also picked up 'pette de soeur'.

We got back home around 2pm, and I just sat on the lazy boy to rest and fell asleep for over 3 hours. I guess I needed to rest. It's been a hectic few weeks with medical appointments.
Today I hope to do some sewing to relax as next week promises to be another full week.
It's a beautiful sunny day, but cold at -12. Brrrr.

Ginny B
March 18th, 2018, 10:15 AM
Good morning all. Moving a bit slowly this morning. We did a lot of work in our bedroom yesterday cleaning out a closet, vacuuming and dusting, washed curtains and rearranged a bit. Then we had a nice dinner of Shepherd's Pie (which I had prepped in the morning) and Irish Soda bread.

Today we were thinking about heading to a local flower show but there is an e-cycle drop off and we don't want to hold on to those old phones and batteries any longer. Plus we took an old radio and speakers out of our bedroom yesterday and that needs to go too. So dh will take a ride there instead and I will go to my sewing room.

So that's our plans for the day. Enjoy whatever you all have planned.

grammaterry
March 18th, 2018, 10:36 AM
Been couple of days since I posted here. Still not much going on. However, I went to JoAnns on Friday and bought a bolt (15 yds) of white muslin with my 60% off coupon. NOw I'll have enough to cut the rest of the pieces for the Cathedral Window. Before I can do that though, I am determined to finish the FMQ on the quilt that I've had on the machine for a week now. I shuld be able to bind it today.
Yesterday we had the corned beef brisket and DH was so enamoured over it. He asked if it was expensive and I told him yes and he said, "its worth every penny" Hummmm...he doesn't have a budget!!
The weather was good yesterday and so I just walked around the property and looked at all the little sprouts. What fun. Hostas are beginning to head, I had one little tulip open, many more to follow, the Jonquils and daffodils are bursting forth, the azalea has a few little buds tickling the ends and some of the grass is getting green. THe gold fish are beginning to eat again and the brim are voracious. Birds everywhere. What a glorious life we lead. DH went to a gun show and set up a table. He thought it was suppose to rain all weekend...poor baby, pinned up in a building with like minded souls discussing their favorite topics :)
I'm still processing my 3 hour tour to SC and feeling a bit better. DD hurt my feelings emmincely and I've been trying to figure out how that sweet woman could have made some of the comments she made to me.
Well, Off to finish reading this forum and catch up on all of your whims and daliances.

KarenC
March 18th, 2018, 01:58 PM
Good morning everyone. Yesterday turned out to be a good one. I finished a pillow sham for DS which he custom designed to go with his quilt from a year ago. Well, he still has 2 more shams to finish designing. Same basic design as the first, but choosing his fabric pieces for his accents. He is very picky. After that, had a visit from DD and baby. She is such a cutie. Once they left, I returned to the sewing room to work on a charity quilt for my church group. All was going well, until I realized that I was cutting my 5 inch squares into 2.5 inch strips! What was I thinking? Now, I need to wait for LQS to open tomorrow and I need to go buy more fabric, as I had no extra.
Today, I will work on the remaining blocks for charity quilt. Went to mass this morning and grocery store, so nothing else pending.
Hope everyone has a great day.

KPH
March 18th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Afternoon all,

It's been real. Joe arrived yesterday afternoon. His air conditioner gave out in his vehicle on the way down. So he, Lexie and Maverick will be making the trek across FL without air today. Once he gets to Chuck's house, Aaron will tell him who to take it to so they can get it fixed. He drove my car to Golden Coral where we met Jim and his family. It was so great hearing Zeke say Unc Joe. Zeke's started copying his siblings with the Knock Knocks. So his joke last night was Knock Knock, we'd reply, then he'd say Unc Joe. It made Joe's day.

Jim told us at the restaurant that the air was out on the truck. Naturally it's when he has to go back to work that it flakes out on him. I told him to come get the Vibe if he needs it.

My sewing room is as clean as it's going to get. So, I think I'll cut out the pieces for the Sticks and Stones while Mike is at work today. Little kids will be here tomorrow and Jonathan will have home school with Nana. So we're back to the normal grind.

Tuesday will be busy. The HOA is having a meeting, and Mike is off in the evening when it's taking place. So, I guess I'll be going. Kind of looking forward to it! I think my DH has led our neighbors into believing I'm some kind of rabble rouser. I just don't understand why! (wink, wink)

I hope everyone has a great day.

Prayers for those in need- for healing touches, strength, and understanding. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Star lover
March 18th, 2018, 04:23 PM
Afternoon all.

Joy, I hope you've found the perfect fix for you, so you can sleep better!
Barb, enjoy y'alls extended st. Pattys Day! Yum!
Suzanne, love a good sale and also some great quality time in a lazy boy!
Ginny, love shepherds pie.....haven't had it in ages due to DH health issues. Love to clean, when I can toss stuff!
Terry, sounds like spring has arrived in your neck of the world.....I'm still waiting.....
Karen....I hate when that happens.....I've done it.....and even repeated it, when I should have known better!
Katrina....notice you have a new pic! Almost didn't recognize you!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. I'm just chillin hand quilting while watching? NASCAR.

Hugs for all!

KPH
March 18th, 2018, 05:27 PM
Afternoon all.

Joy, I hope you've found the perfect fix for you, so you can sleep better!
Barb, enjoy y'alls extended st. Pattys Day! Yum!
Suzanne, love a good sale and also some great quality time in a lazy boy!
Ginny, love shepherds pie.....haven't had it in ages due to DH health issues. Love to clean, when I can toss stuff!
Terry, sounds like spring has arrived in your neck of the world.....I'm still waiting.....
Karen....I hate when that happens.....I've done it.....and even repeated it, when I should have known better!
Katrina....notice you have a new pic! Almost didn't recognize you!

Hope everyone is enjoying their day. I'm just chillin hand quilting while watching? NASCAR.

Hugs for all!

Anita, That's an ooooooooolllllldddddddd picture. My Grandmother McKinley's family always got together the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a family reunion. That was the first time Howard went. My great uncle Frank pulled me in the kitchen and asked what his intentions were and was he going to make me happy. I told the truth, he made me happy and I wasn't sure what his intentions were. Well, Howard sort of asked me to marry him the following Friday night. He never did come out and really ask.

That little kiddo beside Howard is my youngest cousin. He's was born on my 16th birthday. He couldn't remember how old he was in that picture. I told him take your current age and take away 37, then you'll know.

JCY
March 18th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Oh, Barb, you brought back so many memories of Sundays. As some of you may (or may not) know, I am a preacher's kid. My dad pastored in a conservative evangelical church, so Sundays were considered a day of rest -- no work or entertaining activities. Two services of church. In the afternoon family members took naps or read the Sunday School paper. My older bro. & I used to listen to "The Greatest Story Ever Told" and "Pacific Garden Mission" on the radio. We usually didn't eat supper until after evening service. Sometimes we fixed a big bowl of popcorn. There definitely would have been no sewing activity or any kind of house work, other than meal prep., on a Sunday. Of course, we had no TV in those days & movies were taboo. My parents didn't get a TV until the 1960's after he was retired from the ministry. In those days, in some Christian circles, TV was considered a tool of the devil & a bad influence.

Now I have no guilt whatsoever about sewing/quilting on the Lord's Day. I've already been studying some of my scraps to see if I have enough to piece together for a border for this latest quilt. I think I can just squeeze out enough to make it work. So it's off to the sewing room!

Star lover
March 18th, 2018, 06:25 PM
Anita, That's an ooooooooolllllldddddddd picture. My Grandmother McKinley's family always got together the Saturday after Thanksgiving for a family reunion. That was the first time Howard went. My great uncle Frank pulled me in the kitchen and asked what his intentions were and was he going to make me happy. I told the truth, he made me happy and I wasn't sure what his intentions were. Well, Howard sort of asked me to marry him the following Friday night. He never did come out and really ask.

That little kiddo beside Howard is my youngest cousin. He's was born on my 16th birthday. He couldn't remember how old he was in that picture. I told him take your current age and take away 37, then you'll know.

Katrina.....sometimes the oldies and the best! And so are great memories!