PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Morning - Happy St. Paddy's Day!

JCY
March 17th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Here it is almost noon, & I don't see a daily thread, so I'll start. We're having sunshine; it's up to 60 deg.

I've been in the kitchen most of the morning. Bread making day for DH's spelt bread. The 2nd loaf is in the oven. The 2nd load of laundry is in the dryer. I'm glad to have a few min. to sit down at last.

I had a call from my gr. dau. yest. & an e-m this a.m. It looks like DGGS has roseola. His fever is down & he's starting to eat & drink. Whew! Much relieved. He was so sick earlier in the week. The little ones can get sick so quickly, but then they bounce back & get well pretty quickly, too.

My sewing yest. accomplished only 1 (15.5") block sewn together. I have 3 more blocks to make for the current quilt. This probably will be the last (of 3) of the wildlife fabrics. I hope to get some sewing done this afternoon.

My heart goes out to the families in FL still waiting to hear about relatives who are trapped under that collapsed foot bridge. Such a needless tragedy.

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Star lover
March 17th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Well it's after 2 here......suns shining, but cold. I'll take the sun anyday!

Joy, such good news about your GGS! It's so sad when children get sick. They really can't tell you anything and you suffer with and for them!

My heart too aches for all those affected by the falling bridge.....such a tragedy! Praying for those that haven't been found yet and their families. Also for those who suffered lose.

You're always so busy Joy, I don't know how you do it!

I decided to celebrate Narional Sewing Day more than Saint Patt's Day. I've been sewing....I still have a long way to go in finishing all of these blocks. So I'm taking a brake and checking on y'all.

Hope everyone is well and happy. Enjoy ypir fay and rest of the weekend! Love and hugs.

KPH
March 17th, 2018, 03:21 PM
I'm here, there, and everywhere, today. DS#1 called early this morning. Do you want to go to Lowe's with us? Sure, why not.

Uncle Joe called, I'm on the way, who's off today? Well, Mike just left for work, he's there until 10, Morgan works tonight, she starts at 7. So the plan is he'll come in and we'll go out to dinner. Great, I don't have to cook (I already have 2 large chicken breasts cooked for chicken salad- you know, just in case). So, I'm going to clean my bathroom, sweep under the dining room table again and wait for people to show up.

Happy St. Patrick's Day! Happy Quilting Day (I'll celebrate that tomorrow after church).

Carlie Wolf
March 17th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Happy St Patrick's Day all!

Not much going on here. I slept till 11AM since I didn't fall asleep till 4AM. That's a bummer. Haven't done much, a little laundry and worked on some graphics for a quilt I'd like to do. So, really a very relaxing day :-)

Hope you all have fun today.

CraftyJnet
March 17th, 2018, 07:56 PM
I went to a WONDERFUL quilt show today. So many lovely quilts, all different kinds. If you want to see photos, let me know and I'll post some in a different thread.

Magicquilts
March 17th, 2018, 09:09 PM
IF you are talking about the Sacramento show...I went there too. So many pretty quilts!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 18th, 2018, 10:36 AM
At about the time you posted, I had fallen asleep in the lazy boy til 5pm.

Then watched a movie we taped called Tomorrowland with George Clooney. It was interesting. Will watch again. It was not what we expected though.

Didn't celebrate St Patrick's day. Did go shopping for National Quilting Day, and celebrate my husband taking up Canadian citizenship in the 1980s.