PDA

View Full Version : Happy

auntstuff
March 17th, 2018, 08:45 AM
National Quilting Day. Third Saturday of March, every year.

KPH
March 17th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Happy Quilting and St. Patrick's Day!

Doubt I'll get much quilting done with company coming in today. lol, probably should be cooking, but just not interested in doing it!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 17th, 2018, 09:11 AM
Probably not much quilting. I am taking a road trip to a quilt store to get border, binding and back for a friend's quilt.

Star lover
March 17th, 2018, 10:04 AM
I thinking shopping for quilt stuff counts! I had a choice......groceries.......or sewing......I chose well! Sewing it is!
Well I am planning on getting in there in a bit. Some stuff to do first, then off I go!

Cokie
March 17th, 2018, 11:44 AM
I am headed to Amish country shortly, to a bulk food store and a couple of bakeries, and...lucky me! There happen to also be some quilt shops nearby! :D My son was going to go with me but he's not feeling well, so I'm going anyway, and now I won't have to feel rushed. And the time to myself will be nice. Don't really need anything but it's always fun to look, right? What harm can there be in that?? :icon_giggle:

Ginny B
March 17th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Happy St. Patrick's Day and for a bonus, Happy National Quilting Day. I will be doing some cooking (Shepherds Pie) some cleaning and some sewing and prepping for 2 rag quilts to work on while I'm at my son's next week.

It's a nice, sunny day today here so my Irish eyes are smiling. Although it is windy and chilly. Have a great day everyone.

chelea
March 17th, 2018, 06:57 PM
I went to a St. Paddy's day sale at my LQS and had a blast. They had Irish music and everyone was in a festive mood.
I've got all the blocks done on Jenny's Double Square Star on my design wall, moving around the pieces...hopefully I'll get it right and start sewing it together later tonight.

sewbizzy
March 17th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I am headed to Amish country shortly, to a bulk food store and a couple of bakeries, and...lucky me! There happen to also be some quilt shops nearby! :D My son was going to go with me but he's not feeling well, so I'm going anyway, and now I won't have to feel rushed. And the time to myself will be nice. Dohttps://forum.missouriquiltco.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1014433n't really need anything but it's always fun to look, right? What harm can there be in that?? :icon_giggle:

Are you going to Berlin? It is one of my favorite places in the world...I love the fabric stores...and my dh and I love all the great restaurants...

Carlie Wolf
March 17th, 2018, 07:43 PM
chelea did you celebrate with some purchases? What did you buy????

chelea
March 17th, 2018, 09:43 PM
Well...2 yds. of Kona white to finish a project, 2 yds. of RJR cream for a 1930's quilt (I've been collecting 30's for awhile), 3 yds of purple Grunge and 7 yds of a gorgeous gray daisy print: Splash from Alex Anderson (that one was $4/yd), 4 fat quarters (hmmm...might be something for Secret Santa) and a spool of Aurifil. :icon_giggle:

Carlie Wolf
March 17th, 2018, 09:59 PM
Ohhhh you did good chelea!!