PDA

View Full Version : Grateful for food neighbours and friends

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 15th, 2018, 12:25 PM
Some of you know that my husband has had a few falls recently, so I have taken on the role of chef, cook and bottlewasher. I don't mind but I do have to say that, while I can keep up with almost anything, the snow has been my worst enemy.

Last week I was able to just push the snow aside in our double driveway, as I can't lift it on top of the snowbanks which are still over 5' high. That was 2 days of heavy snow last week. Then in the past few days we have had another ~8" of wet heavy snow. I used the scooper to push aside, in front and in back of DH car. He can't drive right now, so it doesn't matter.

Yesterday I had to run errands for DH to tax accountant and as it's an hour away, I took advantage of stopping at a quilt store in the area that stocks all Kona solids. I had my list. Then IKEA which DH hates to go to. I had shoved snow aside just enough to get out. Then DH had appointment with an osteopath. When we came home, our driveway had been cleared by our neighbour Jim.

He is a godsend, same age as DH and good friend. I was already going over to bring a thank you card with gift certificate from Lee Valley, a woodworking store. Last weekend, he fixed a rocking chair that had loose spindles and the panel on our team table. I added a bottle of his favorite wine. His wife Connie and I are good friend, so we shared a glass. She is from Nova Scotia and a good friend to have. As she said we are both much younger than our husbands and we have to look after them.

Have a good day. Another appointment for Michael today.

Star lover
March 15th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Wow, so happy for the blessings in your life!

KPH
March 15th, 2018, 02:09 PM
We have so many blessings to be thankful for!

mommadeb
March 15th, 2018, 03:00 PM
Those are the kinds of friends to cherish.

Bubby
March 15th, 2018, 04:02 PM
That's a true friend for sure. You are blessed.

MaggieSue
March 15th, 2018, 04:07 PM
So nice to have a good friend and neighbor, you are blessed!

Debbie Watters
March 15th, 2018, 05:58 PM
It is great to have friends who can and willingly help out when you are in need ... they are to be treasured ...

TMP
March 15th, 2018, 06:07 PM
I love hearing of people helping others. What a great friend and neighbor you have! I hope your husband gets better.

Caroline T.
March 15th, 2018, 06:41 PM
What loving thoughtful friends/neighbors you have.

JCY
March 15th, 2018, 07:12 PM
It's always nice to have a snow angel. We have a volunteer from our church who has been clearing our snow for 8 yrs. He hasn't had much to clear this winter. We are way behind with precip. Even some of the ski areas in the mts. are hurting for snow. I hope your trip to the quilt store was productive.

KarenC
March 15th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Great friends to have and be thankful for.

LLLinda
March 16th, 2018, 12:13 AM
I bet you put those neighbors in your prayers every night. Those are the kind to cherish.

cv quilter
March 16th, 2018, 12:57 AM
We are all so blessed when we have friends and neighbors who are there for us..whether to do things for us that we can't do or don't have time to do or to just be there to spend some time with us. SuzanneOrleansinOntario...you are a blessed woman. Hoping your DH will soon be up and around. I have been where you are many times, and am always thankful and grateful for good friends and neighbors. We all need each other.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 16th, 2018, 10:00 AM
It's always nice to have a snow angel. We have a volunteer from our church who has been clearing our snow for 8 yrs. He hasn't had much to clear this winter. We are way behind with precip. Even some of the ski areas in the mts. are hurting for snow. I hope your trip to the quilt store was productive.

I got a few yards of Royal, a yard of Dove and 4 of the new colour called Haze. I will incorporate on WIP. They always have a featured bundle colour, and it is green this month. I am a green person but frankly didn't need more St this time.