PDA

View Full Version : What a difference a day makes

Blondie
March 14th, 2018, 10:23 AM
Hello Folksies!

What a day already! I have slept an ENTIRE night without once waking up! Unless you are me, you have no idea how good that feels! Everyone has those days where they move around like the Walkers from Walking Dead. They may even resemble more than the movement. Lack of sleep or rest does that I have heard. I have always had difficulty sleeping, starting in my teens. I would go for 2 - 3 days at a time without sleep. My parents, never one to help a doctor earn a living, told me to stop thinking and just sleep. Back then there was not tv 24 hours a day. I did everything I could think of to sleep. Warm milk, jump rope, memorizing anything (I can still recite an archaic poem "Abou Ben Adam, may his tribe increase, awoke one night . . . "

My GrandPop would tell me to dream with my consciousness. You know - day dreaming but at night. These days I make the bestest quilts, garden, you name it. I have solved the worlds problems with just my midnight shuffling and even invented a few handy gadgets. (now can I remember them so to profit from them? yeah, right. um. no)

I like to take naps. Most of the time, I merely rest my body and eyes because I can GUARANTEE you the phone will ring, someone will knock on the door or the dogs will hear a squirrel or bird outside and want to tell them that I am trying to take a nap. Or like when my kids were little and I happen to take a nap when they were napping. Remember those days? No, me neither. Because one of those little guys would inevitably look at my sleeping face, and poke me in the eye while trying to pry the lids open only to ask, Mommy are you sleeping?

Fast forward to 2018. I still have bouts of sleeplessness. Last night was not one of them. The end.

Star lover
March 14th, 2018, 10:40 AM
Wow, I can't remember when I slept through an entire night......maybe when I was super sick.....naw, not even then!
So very happy you slept! Now.....whata you gonna do with alllll that energy! Hope you have a fantastic day!

Blondie
March 14th, 2018, 10:47 AM
Wow, I can't remember when I slept through an entire night......maybe when I was super sick.....naw, not even then!
So very happy you slept! Now.....whata you gonna do with alllll that energy! Hope you have a fantastic day!

what energy? Still working on my first cuppa. I don't even have ambition at this point. lol. hugs

Star lover
March 14th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Yup, I think I'm on my third.....although I drink tea.....and still I want a nap....hugs!

201 Treadler
March 14th, 2018, 11:04 AM
that sounds like a wonderful miracle has happened for you,
fingers are crossed you softly drift off each and every night now :D

GrammaBabs
March 14th, 2018, 11:37 AM
WOW, don't know how i would function! On occasion i don't fall asleep within 15 min... if more i get up and SEW... rarely even get up to pee!!! I am blessed that way for sure... It's about the most important time of day for me:)))
I am going to pray real hard for Blondie to be a Sleeping Beauty at night:)) Hugs, GB

EnumclawGramma
March 14th, 2018, 11:44 AM
Ooohh Blondie do I know this dilemma! My Mama always said to enjoy good sleep while you're young, it doesn't last!

jjkaiser
March 14th, 2018, 11:49 AM
Once I am asleep I am dead to the world. A bomb could go off and I would sleep right through it. But I often have trouble getting to sleep. One night last week had trouble falling asleep. Did not want to get up, thought I would play a simple mind game to drift off. Hmmm how about going through the names of all the states and thinking of two cities in each state? Nope I decided at first, that's too easy, I should think of three cities that would be a little harder. Oh my gosh, I couldn't believe how hard that was even coming up with two! Some states I couldnt think of a single city, not one!! Like Vermont, Connecticut, Montana!!! I was shocked at myself. You should try this.

wildernessquilter
March 14th, 2018, 02:04 PM
I feel for you. Sometimes I will have " the big eye" and have to get back up for awhile but my biggest problem is ALways waking multiple times during the night and then getting back to sleep. Glad to hear you one night of good sleep!
I hope there will be many more!
Sue

KPH
March 14th, 2018, 02:42 PM
I resemble those days, but knock on wood, not as much since Mom passed 2 years ago. I think a lot of my sleeping issues were due to her sleeping issues.

Monique
March 14th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Sleep all night without getting up having to pee or just waking up and having trouble getting back to sleep? Yup that's me!!

MaggieSue
March 14th, 2018, 04:51 PM
I sleep like a log and rarely ever get up at night. No naps for this gal, might miss something. Hehehe!!!

JCY
March 14th, 2018, 06:23 PM
I think I'm finally adjusted to this time change. I've slept pretty good the past 2 nights. I rarely have trouble falling asleep or getting back to sleep if I have to get up to the bathroom. I never sleep the full night without getting up at least once. Blondie, glad to hear you had a good, restful night.

Iris Girl
March 15th, 2018, 07:57 AM
never sleep completely through the night have to get up to pee at least once usually more. I get my best sleep as soon as I fall asleep which is rarely an issue. Its as morning comes I get restless.

grammaterry
March 15th, 2018, 10:24 AM
I value a good night sleep. I love snuggling under a few heavy quilts in a cold bedroom. Trouble is, I don't want to get up. In my 30's I was having trouble sleeping thru the night and I told my grandfather. HE asked if I took a bath before bed and I immediately told him I did. He said, don't. It will relax you to the point that you will sleep for two or three hours and wake up and won't be able to go back to sleep. Take the bath in the morning to get your day going. So , I did and for the next 30 years, voila...sleep...then the get up at 4 to go to the bathroom began. I have solved this by drinking more (yes, I said MORE) water through out the day and evening. The bladder apparently got larger and when I voided at night, it was enough to get me through until morning. Sometimes morning comes earlier than others. lol.
So, Blondie, you've learned another triffle about me. I'm a fixer. I want to see if there isn't something we can do to make you sleep as well as I .

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 15th, 2018, 11:45 AM
I have always been a good sleeper, and quite crouchy if someone wakes me up. When the kids were babies, I would nudge their dad, actually almost push him out of bed, to go see what was wrong.
I slept most restful, except when going thru menopause. Now I fall asleep easily, but DH is not a sleeper. I wake up when he comes back to bed, or gets up again, but I fall back to sleep. The only exception is if I am really worried, then I have fitful sleep.

I watch quilt videos or read quilt magazines at bedtime, and this is guaranteed to knock me out.