PDA

View Full Version : Wednesday already?

Monique
March 14th, 2018, 08:48 AM

Good morning friends. Blondie must have got hung up along the way.

It is another snowy start to the day. We didn't get much yesterday as it was melting most of the time. Just enough to make the roads slippery early in the morning. We made our way to the first museum, to see the live butterfly display but alas it was sold out. Bummed out about it. So we made our way to the newly renovated Museum of Science and Technology. There is still a lot of work to do as most of the displays that I remember weren't there. They did have a small display of sewing machines and attachments and the such. I did take a lot of pictures of those, LOL!!

TODAY is Tea party day. Egg are a boiling. Tuna and cucumber sandwiches are also on the menu. Tea, coffee and apple juice to drink. Maizyn is already in her party dress, haha. Not much sewing has been happening around here this week when I really want to sew. Isn't that always the way it goes. You REALLY want to do something and can't!! Oh well, spending time with Maizyn is more important.

Not sure what tomorrow's plans are yet. Maybe a movie. Friday could just be a rest day. Saturday she goes back home.

On that note, eggs are a calling me! Have a great day everyone.

Sandy Navas
March 14th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Duke Energy has been playing with Blondie's power - again and again and again - on and off, on and off, on and off.

JCY
March 14th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good Morning ~ If must be frustrating for Blondie to have those intermittent power outages. Monique glad you are having a good time with Maizyn. Enjoy your time together.

I got the estimate yest. of what my dental work is going to cost. Most of it will be out of pocket, but I guess it can't be helped. My first appt. is the 26th. We're going to start on my 2 upper front crowns. I've had those 42 yrs. & there is decay starting at the edges. Not looking forward to the work, but it needs doing.

Today is Bible study, pick up the taxes (getting a refund), & 2 groc. stores. I hope everyone has a good day.

Star lover
Good morning everyone!

Monique, nothing like spending time with your grandchildren. They grow so fast and you can't get those times back! Enjoy the tea party.....mmmm, sounds lovely!

Some snow here too, but nothing like the Nor'easter! So no complaints! But winter sure won't give up!

Nothing special here, I'll probably finishe basting today on a quilt. Then back to sewing another one up.

Hope everyone has a wonderful safe, warm and sweet day!

Monique
Duke Energy has been playing with Blondie's power - again and again and again - on and off, on and off, on and off.

Thanks Sandy I figured that.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 14th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Good morning ladies.
It's snowing here and it's wet snow, but my RAV4 will have to plow through the driveway this morning. We had an appointment to bring tax papers to the accountant, but hubby had a really bad night and he doesn't think he can sit in car an hour each way, so I will make the trek to Carleton Place. I will also pick up the HQ ruler of the month while I'm there.

He has an appointment with the osteopath at 6, so he is hopeful this will offer relief. I am too. He has a medical appointment tomorrow afternoon and physio on Friday. This is about all he can take. One activity per day and he is wiped. I really hope that he can get the MRI soon.

Last night was guild night, and even with the snow there was about 130 members. It was demo night and there was about 18 stations. I watched the Quick curve ruler and twist ruler. I have these, but just have not gotten to those yet. I also watched the paper piecing demo of Judy Neimeyer patterns. I made the leaf ones, but still have 8 placemats to make. They had the Accuquilt die machine on display and after having used it on Saturday, i think this could be a toy to invest in. Also demo on 4 methods for flying geese. I bought the Cutting Gizmo from the featured shop for $12.95CDN. She only had one left and was clearing. Yeah for me as it's usually more. I also saw it in use this weekend when chain piecing and I will definitely use it.

Gotta run, it's going to be a long day. I have to stop at Costco for loose fitting pants for DH.

grammaterry
March 14th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Snowing here and accumulating rapidly. But, tomorrow is suppse to be in the 50's. Spring!!!!!
I settled in yesterday and played with Sammy (the bird) and Earl (the cat) all day and let them know that Mommy is home. Earl was pretty mad that I was gone so long but I think this morning he has forgiven me.
Seems pretty quiet here after being in a homeschooling home with 6 people and so much coming and going activities. MY DD drives three girls to ballet (40 miles each way) 6 days a week on different schedules, a son to Lacrosse 5 days a week and boyscouts plus they do Mass 3 times a week. I just couldn't possibly have done that when mine were at home and homeschooled too. Amazing. Oh yes, and she is the costume person at the ballet and is making 10 circle skirts and 12 peasant blouses out of this really sheer material. ouch.
Made DH a good meat and three dinner last night. I'm thinking pizza or Mexican tonight.
I might go out to the sewing room and drag in some fabric to cut out a new quilt. Its too cold to sew out there today. Need to decide on a pattern before I go get material. I have two different color ways I have been thinking about.
My butt hurts from sitting so many days without getting out and walking and doing stuff.

Blondie
March 14th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Hello gang.
Yes, we had 6 inches of wet snow on Monday. Lost power. Came back on. Lost it again. I give up. But I will still have to pay my power bill. Have often wondered if I could pay them in the same manner as our power flucuates during a bad storm! You know, high hopes of getting what you are paying for?!

Smiles and blessings!

CraftyJnet
March 14th, 2018, 12:05 PM
Good morning all! DH is working from home today so I have company :) Yesterday my fabric arrived so I can continue with the quilt UFO. It is Jenny's "Floating Hexagon" pattern. I'm at the first sashing strip step where I sew 1 1/2" strips to each of my 195 blocks. It seems like a lot but it goes pretty fast. I hope all of you get to spend some time sewing and/or being with the ones you love.

KPH
March 14th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Good morning all (barely).

Mike took me to the Lawyer's office this morning. Signed all the documents from the Will, POA, Health Care Surrogate, and other papers. Everything is all filed in the lock box and with one last pass through for an inventory to give to the kids, I'll lock them up in the sewing room closet.

Nana fell yesterday and hit her head. I haven't heard much else to know if it was heart related or what. I guess I'll find out at dinner tonight. I threw carrots, potatoes, a large corned beef and cabbage into the crock pot first thing this morning. Hoping everything will be done in time for dinner. It's early but, it's Wednesday night dinner and I know they won't cook it for St. Patrick's Day.

I worked on Chris's quilt too long yesterday. My left hand was not happy, so today I'll work a little after the kids leave tonight. The borders and binding are on the agenda.

Prayers for those in need, for strength to face adversity, for healing touches, for compassion. Prayers if thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.