PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning Hellos

JCY
March 11th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Good Morning ~ Oh, I did not want to get out of bed this a.m. I slept through the 5 min. of news before I got awake enough to get up. Normally I listen to the news, weather, etc. for 5 min. It was a short night. Now it's going to be dark in the morning. I just wish they'd leave the time alone & leave it on standard time all year long.

I made those sample bordered 9-P blocks yesterday. I think I liked the blue one the best, too, but I'm going to do the larger blocks till I have enough for a lap size. I had lots of 3.5" squares left over from the last quilt.

This a.m. is church. It's my Sun. to play the organ. No errands today, so I'll come right home. I hope to do more sewing this afternoon. I hope everyone has a good day.

Bubby
March 11th, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good Morning Joy, We had a long day working at the apartments yesterday. Hard to believe but it took me three hours to clean a fridge. I never saw so much dried on crud in my life. Now that's done I can sail through the rest of the kitchen next week.

I hope to get a start on the Starlet quilt that's featured in the new BLOCK. It should go together quickly, but you know how that goes! I still need to get fabric for the outer border.

Today's DD is a nice charm pack and you can order two at the special price.

Wishing everyone a great Sunday. Hugs....

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 11th, 2018, 10:50 AM
Good morning Joy and Barb amnd all that follow.
I was up same time, but DH was up at 4am in pain. It will get worse, as the med he was taking is for short term use only, and I think he has only one more day of those pills. I do wish they would give up time change.

DH may have done too much yesterday. He is feeling guilty about me doing everything, so he offered to fold laundry. We also had our neighbours visit for a few hours and I think it lifted his spirits. But he did go down the stairs to show Jim the progress on his train room. Jim is very handy woodworker, so he brought a rocking chair home that needed fixing. I know that if I waited for DH to fix, his son's new baby would be born. I picked up my mom's other walker and it is a better height for him.

I went to my guild's sew day yesterday, just to use the AccuQuilt. I wanted to see the selection of dies, and it is very good. I cut out some 1 1/2" black strips. I cut a yard, in less than 3-4 minutes. Wish I had gone earlier as I had already cut 4 yards at home. I also used the 2 1/2" strip. Fast and accurate. Next month, I will fuse some fabric for applique. They have the cat, dog and bird dies.
This might be on a wish list down the road.

I am making the French Toast muffin recipe. Except after having my second cup of coffee, I realized that I forgot the sugar and it's in the oven. Oops. It might still be good.

Enjoy your day. May all your troubles be behind you.

Carolnnc
March 11th, 2018, 12:01 PM
Good morning and a rainy day it is here.

I too wish they would drop the daylight savings time change. DH had the clock set for 5 am for work, cut the clock off & didn't get up until 6. I can't imagine having small children, a job & having to make that adjustment. I can bet there would be cranky kids & parents pulling their hair out.

I am struggling with a little depression & no energy. I just can't kick start myself! I keep hoping the weather will change & we'll have a few sunny, warm days. I believe that will help me get out of the doldrums. I think DH will have three days in a row off next weekend & I'm thinking of asking to just "go riding". Did anyone do that when they were kids? I remember my dad piling us kids in the car & taking a country road for a couple of hours. Since there were six kids I think he may have been giving my mom some time to herself.

Our puppy Ryker (aka Wild Thing) will be 4 months old next week. He is growing & full of energy. I need to figure out some puppy training for him as I can see he has a stubborn streak. I had a guy come in for a couple of hours of (expensive) in home training & it was absolutely no help. I'm really nervous about finding the right type of training for him. Our vet said to try treat based training since he's so food motivated. Now he only does what I ask if he can see a treat in my hand:-)

Well Ryker just walked & into his crate & plopped down to take a nap! That gives me time to feed the cat, clean the litter box & start a load of laundry.

Have a great day.

Ginny B
March 11th, 2018, 01:08 PM
Good morning everyone. I am with you gals about daylight savings time. Why??? Do people really believe that somehow there is actually more daylight. The sun and the earth are going to do what they usually do no matter what "time" we say it is. The amount of sunlight will be the same. Leave the clocks alone.

We had a nice time at the baby shower yesterday. Kathryn (one of my step-daughters) and I and dh's aunt went while Dh visited with his brother and the father-to-be. He had a nice afternoon with them. I guess the week really caught up with me. By 9:00 last night I couldn't keep my eyes open. I wound up sleeping 10 hours! That is not factoring in the time change. I feel great today and I'm getting a lot done. I will be in my sewing room shortly.

Have a great day all.

toggpine
March 11th, 2018, 01:37 PM
Good day!
The weather here has been projected as clear for the next few days. We have decided to host Easter here at the farm this year. It falls on the 1st which is also hubby's B-day. Therefore, we have some yard work to cram in before then! Add to that, our older kid should be closing on his first house this week, and they asked for help painting and moving.
I made a start in the orchard garden last week, and cleared another chunk yesterday. I am about half way done. I am going to put some weed preventative along the back side that is up against the pasture fence. The grass sneaks through along there. Then I'll go to the veggie garden if I can still walk.
We cleaned out the stock tanks and hung up the heating units (not quite putting them completely away yet.) I will hold off on mucking out the barn until next week. Eric pressure washed the house and gutters to get the nasty green algae off. (I swear that suff should be out state flower!) He missed the picnic table and the rain barrels though. They look pretty gross. Maybe I'll get him back out there today.
Well, this isn't getting any of the list done, but it was nice to finish my cup of coffee with you all!
Have a good one!
Hugs, Cathy

KPH
March 11th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Well, it's afternoon already. I am another that hates the changing back and forth. I don't care which time they choose to use, just pick one and stick to it.

Went to church this morning with the kids. J decided to pitch a royal fit when it was time to go to Nana's and Nandy's. I'm not sure what the deal was, but it ended up with two spankings, one for being disobedient and screaming at his Dad, the other for hitting his Mother. I just sat in my seat and kept my mouth shut. I'm sure he's not enjoying his afternoon at home! They dropped me off and I told him I hoped he had a better afternoon.

I need to clean my desk off and siliconed to be ready to quilt Chris's quilt. I'm thinking I'll used gray, unless I find something else that catches my eye in the closet.

I hope everyone has a great day. Prayers for those in need- for strength, understanding, and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgivings for all of our many blessings.

Mischiefkat1
March 11th, 2018, 02:22 PM
Good Afternoon all,
I so agree with all the comments on the time change. School kids here are still waiting in the dark for the bus spring or fall. Our governor is expected to sign a bill to keep the time DST all year around..... no springing or falling. The news people have been yaking all weekend about how great this is not to have to fall back this fall. I think Congress has to approve this bill also, because I think it's a federal law... so it might happen later than next fall.
I think JCY's blue version of Jenny's tutorial is really nice. Suzanne my DH is recovering too, he had a set up similar to your DH's. Where he could reach all "his stuff", that was until he spilled a glass of chocolate milk.
Carol, I had a cocker spaniel that was a "wild thing" too. She was about 2 when she finally settled down.
Bubby to bad there isn't a small pressure washer for those kind of really cruddy jobs.
Well I better get up and move promised DH meatloaf for dinner. Have a good day everyone. Hugs & prayers to all Kathy

CraftyJnet
March 11th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Hello everyone! My DH had to go into work today. Hopefully he will finish up by 2pm and be back by 3. We have a fun afternoon of paying bills - yay! Can you sense my sarcasm? I hate mail because no one ever sends me a card or a letter, only junk mail and bills. I'm slowly converting all the bills to online emails instead. Of course, then I'll probably hate my email, but at least it will be less messy and much easier to file. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

KPH
March 11th, 2018, 06:08 PM
Hello everyone! My DH had to go into work today. Hopefully he will finish up by 2pm and be back by 3. We have a fun afternoon of paying bills - yay! Can you sense my sarcasm? I hate mail because no one ever sends me a card or a letter, only junk mail and bills. I'm slowly converting all the bills to online emails instead. Of course, then I'll probably hate my email, but at least it will be less messy and much easier to file. I hope you all have a wonderful Sunday!

I went ahead and joined you in the misery. I'd already written the first half of the month earlier, so today I did the rest. Happy Dance, it's done.

Navy Wife
March 11th, 2018, 07:31 PM
Another vote for keeping the time the same all year! I don't care which one, just choose one and stay there!

We did get to church this morning. We had some great music, the old hymns that I love so much. It's spring break, so we had a small number of people. Then youngest son came over for lunch and brought their new puppy. He's a Shiztsu. He's cute as can be and behaved quite well. Ellie, the Cat, didn't care for him so I put her in the bedroom with her toys and litter box. She's used to taking a nap on our bed in the morning. DIL is on her way back from Orlando where she had a shower for her niece.

Angelia
March 11th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Just DST for me--I hate those long-lasting, never-ending hot days of sunlight in the summer--I need some evening!