PDA

View Full Version : Look close and spring is starting!

LauraP
March 10th, 2018, 01:10 PM
We are in northern NM staying overnight at the Elks. As I was walking around this morning I almost stepped on these little beauties. When we were walking last night we saw five deer at the other end of the parking lot and my hay fever is kicking back in. All signs of spring. So celebrate!

nativetexan
March 10th, 2018, 01:16 PM
I do love Spring. the best season :D

Cokie
March 10th, 2018, 01:21 PM
Little signs of hope.

cv quilter
March 10th, 2018, 01:48 PM
Spring is my favorite season. It's a rebirth, awakening of all the trees, flowers, shrubs that had gone to sleep for a long winter. Everything begins to get green, and the whole landscape changes. So beautiful.

Star lover
March 10th, 2018, 01:59 PM
So pretty.......not a single sign of spring here.....nota, nottin.....will be patient.......maybe?
Well......I did see a robin, but they live here (although few in number) year round......so I guess I wait....

auntstuff
March 10th, 2018, 02:38 PM
150950 outside

150951 and inside

quilt_gems_25
March 11th, 2018, 03:57 AM
Thanks for the picture. It brought back so many happy memories.
Every year, my Dad would attempt to have a flower bloom in every month of the year. We would walk hand in hand going from garden to garden looking for those early flowers. I remember one year where the crocuses bloomed in January and then we had a green Christmas where there were still some flowers blooming in the yard. Now, every year, I get to think of all those times we shared in the garden and try to have my own year with flowers every month of the year.
This year, our crocuses bloomed in February. :)

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 11th, 2018, 09:57 AM
Ahh, so pretty. Alas, we are still buried in snow. While we haven't had a snow dump yet this month, it is very common for March to go out like a lion. Once the snow is gone, we will see sweet signs of spring. I have to be careful when I do my first clean up, as my allergy to snow mould is quite severe.