PDA

View Full Version : It's Saturday

KPH
March 10th, 2018, 09:52 AM
Happy Saturday Everyone.

DS #1 is coming shortly to pick up the helpers for the trip to St. Augustine. The Celtic Festival is today. There's a parade at 10 and he has friends playing bagpipes. I'm not sure what the three youngsters will think of bagpipe music. I know I didn't start to enjoy it until I was much, much older. There will be booths with crafts and a small area for the games. All of it will be close to the old city, so we may take a side trip there, too.

The batting and backing for Chris's quilt came yesterday after Mike went to work. So it was me, crawling around on the floor laying it out. I didn't move the chairs so it was tight. I got it done though.. yippee for me. I'll tackle a little of it tomorrow or if I have any energy left this afternoon, I may start tonight. I'm still debating using the backing for the binding or using the black fabric I used for the first border for the binding. We'll see.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday.

Prayers for those in need. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings!

JCY
March 10th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning, Katrina ~ I see we have 2 threads going. I posted in the other one. Have a good day.

Monique
March 10th, 2018, 10:04 AM
Have a wonderful time Katrina. We are off in a little bit to pick up Maizyn. So I shall be very busy in the next week. Yesterday I got a free family pass from the local library, to go to the Museum of Nature this week coming. They have passes to all the museums it seems. What a deal.

I don't think there will be lots of sewing going on around here unless Maizyn and I start her dress. We shall see.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 10th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good morning! Somehow, I got signed out of the forum, which I never do! Thank heaven my password still works!

My son and family are coming down from Iowa later today. The kids are on spring break, not much going on here in town for teens and preteens, but it will be a change of scenery for them all. Weather isn't too promising for outdoor activities, but there are several museums they can visit that appeal to kids their age. In the meantime, I have to gather up and put away somewhere all my projects I have scattered all over the house, including their beds! And clean up somewhat! I only had 2 days notice, so they will have to overlook some dusty furniture and less than pristine floors.

Hope you all have a good day!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 10th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Have a wonderful time Katrina. We are off in a little bit to pick up Maizyn. So I shall be very busy in the next week. Yesterday I got a free family pass from the local library, to go to the Museum of Nature this week coming. They have passes to all the museums it seems. What a deal.

I don't think there will be lots of sewing going on around here unless Maizyn and I start her dress. We shall see.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Enjoy your week with your Maizan. She will enjoy the museum of nature. There is a live butterfly wing open until April. I really want to go see it, but I don't think DH will be ip to walking anytime soon.

Star lover
March 10th, 2018, 10:24 AM
Mornin all....

Suns up and yes, I see sunshine! Yeah! Been awhile sweet sunshine! Nothing special planned for the the day. May finish marking a quilt for hand quilting.

Hope everyone has a glorious day! Prayers for all struggling and those in the path of the storms. Love and hugs to all!

Carolnnc
March 10th, 2018, 12:58 PM
Good morning.

Things have been so busy that I've been making a quick read through the posts & hitting the ground running.

DH is at work today so I'm hoping to get to a big chore done that I've put off. I am down to the last painting which is a very small bathroom & small laundry room. I told DH I am going to stop for a while & make a quilt or at least quilt one of the tops I have ready. I really need some me time or I'm going to crack. With puppy training, one angry cat & painting, my life has gotten way to stressful.

It's going to be a dreary & rainy day here so the hope for spring weather is strong.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!