PDA

View Full Version : Beautiful Saturday

pjyoder414@yahoo.com
March 10th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Good morning everyone, I hope everyone has an absolutely wonderful day. Just a quick update I wonít be having my eye surgery at least not right now. The doctor at the last minute decided he wanted more information from my primary doctor and I was unable to supply that by Tuesday therefore I canceled will reschedule when everything is set and done.

Going to a neighborhood meet and greet later on this morning and then I wonít work in the yard.

Iím trying to decide what quilt to start on next I just canít seem to side which pattern. I have one that needs quopting I have two that need borders and then finish but Iím not in the mood to work on those. Iím more in the mood to grab some material in our pre-Catchin start making another top. I love making tops I could do without the rest of it Lol

I wish I could find somebody who would be a partner I would make the tops and they will finish the rest.

Chat later bye for noet

KPH
March 10th, 2018, 09:54 AM
Great minds working on starting the day at the same time.

I hate you're having to reschedule, sometimes that happens. We just have to go with the flow.

Have a wonderful day!

JCY
March 10th, 2018, 10:01 AM
Good Morning ~ We had another beautiful day yest. It got up to 74 deg. I shook out the bathroom rugs & let them air outside for a while. Did some vacuuming & dust mopping. I'll try to get more housework done today.

Yest. I finished the top of the latest quilt (the Buckeye Beauty). I ended up putting on a narrow border, then a wider border with corner stones. So another one is ready to be sandwiched & quilted. I made a sample block from Jenny's yest. tutorial on the bordered 9-P. I strip-pieced the 9-P, but I wasn't satisfied with the results. The seams didn't nest as well as they should have. I used a solid color for the border, which looked pretty ok. Next I'll make the block using the 2.5" squares following Jenny's method.
The 9-P square measures 6.5" & the block ~10.5".

I hope everyone has a good week end.

Monique
March 10th, 2018, 10:20 AM
I also posted in the other thread, but heckfire shoot that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Going to pick up Maizyn today, need I say more?

Have a wonderful weekend friends.

Star lover
March 10th, 2018, 10:22 AM
I also posted in the other thread, but heckfire shoot that's the way the cookie crumbles.

Going to pick up Maizyn today, need I say more?

Have a wonderful weekend friends.

Enough said! Happy days.....so very happy for you!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 10th, 2018, 10:26 AM
I finished sewing the last rows of my friends quilt and I tried it on the double bed. It not wide enough for a queen bed, so I will have to make another 20+ blocks before adding the border. I am going to set it aside for next week. I am. It certain that I have enough fabric and may have to make a road trip.

I did cut up a Kona blue jelly roll for the In and Out quilt. I decided to put a Laurel Burch print for the center block. I sewed for a few hours yesterday afternoon and it's coming together fast It felt good. I need to take a break and make simple quilts when I need to decompress.

DH had his assessment with physio. It will be a long road. AND, surprise, surprise, she told him he had to lose weight. He has known this for years, but besides his diet, he needs to excercise, a lot. He eats smaller portions than me, but he is always eating and snacking. I don't buy nuts and chips any more, but before his falls, he had stocked up. I fear there will be no sailing for us this summer. He will get depressed, I am almost certain. If he moved around as much as I do, he would not have an issue.

Today, pick up meds for cat and DH. Pick up my mom's other walker for DH. She uses her wheelchair and has no interest in using walker. Groceries. Laundry. Errands. Usual Saturday. My step DIL leaves for March break on a school trip to Spain. Not thrilled that she is going, as she is 4 months pregnant. There is no stopping her. My step son will have to get used to this. He is alone with the two girls, and next year, he will have 3 to look after. He does have his mom and MIL sharing babysitting duties. I have not offered. Maybe in future years.

Have a good Saturday.

Ginny B
March 10th, 2018, 10:48 AM
Good morning everyone. It's a sunny morning here. Had a nice evening with co-workers last night to bid Susan goodbye. She will be doing some Community Hab work for us so we will see her occasionally. Today I have baby shower to head to so I'm off and running but I just wanted to stop by and wish everyone a Happy Saturday. Looks like you all have some fun things planned. Enjoy. Have a great day all.

Star lover
March 10th, 2018, 10:57 AM
I finished sewing the last rows of my friends quilt and I tried it on the double bed. It not wide enough for a queen bed, so I will have to make another 20+ blocks before adding the border. I am going to set it aside for next week. I am. It certain that I have enough fabric and may have to make a road trip.

Suzanne, your 3 Dudes quilt is looking gorgeous! Love it!