PDA

View Full Version : Well dang, I ain't right

Blondie
March 6th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Hello Folksies

I have just spent he past 35 minutes writing a morning hello. And somewhere between then and now I have lost it.

Good grief, I just ain't right! I am out of time now because my DIL is fixin to go to Duke for an appt with her MS Dr. I am gonna be up to my eyeballs with baby boy lovin' - sounds good but I am plumb out of time.

I will try to get back online later but honestly, I can't tell a lie so when I say try it doesn't mean I will. Be nice to strangers today unless they are really strange if you catch my drift. If they are really strange, just nod your head and agree with them and move on.

Star lover
March 6th, 2018, 09:19 AM
Yup, some days are just like that.....grrrr. So sad you wrote all you wrote and then....poof...gone!
Hope all gets better and better, right on through your day!

Tried to see the International Space Station....yeah you can! But it wasn't dark enough, high enough, too cloudy, my eyes in the right place.....dun know...didn't see it. DH saw it the other day...said it was really neat. Alas, not my day...I'll try again. But according to their schedule it won't be back around where I can see it till Thursday and it's to snow....rats!
Guess it circles the earth every 90 miniues....ya just gotta be in the right place at the right time! I have rotten timing.....

Never saw my sewing room....well this place is small, I saw it, but never worked in it. So busy doin other things. So I'll put in on today's agenda and see what happens.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Love, blessings and hugs to all!

Monique
March 6th, 2018, 09:21 AM
Good morning. I have done that very thing, written a whole page worth and POOF*** gone in an instant.

Another work day today. Working on a baby quilt. I may go visit the local little library today just because. At lunch yesterday I did go out for a walk at lunch. Being afraid of dogs makes me very weary of my surroundings but I managed to walk where there were no dogs. YAH! is me.

So today is more of the same. I also have a meeting tonight.

Have a great day my friends.

Bubby
March 6th, 2018, 09:28 AM
Morning Blondie....Good luck to Billie today,,,,maybe you're the one I should be wishing good luck. Those Grands can sure wear a Girl out!

I cooked a nice roast beef yesterday for our dinner and beyond. It's the beyond I like best...leftovers and plenty for Dottie. I will be staying in today. They are calling for 35-40 mph winds.

Yesterday I caught up with the laundry and did some book work so today I'm free to create if I can muster my mojo.

My prayers go out to our friends here that are going through such difficult times. Hugs all around.....Barb

Iris Girl
March 6th, 2018, 09:39 AM
Morning all. Calm and clear (before the storm) today. Laundry on the line. Our warning starts at 10 pm tonight and goes through 4 am Thurs. 8 to 12 coming with 15 in the interior regions... thats me. So not looking forward to this. Need to get at some sewing and finish my mug rug for the swap. I like and dislike the one I made. But gonna finish it and go for it. New lap top keeping me busy with my online gaming. Work today, off tomorrow. Hugs to those that want and need them. Have a great day all.

KPH
March 6th, 2018, 09:47 AM
Good Morning All,

I feel your pain, Blondie. I've had it happen too, but you'll forget all about it when that bundle of love comes through the doorway.

I hit a wall yesterday, and was quite overwhelmed with a pissy attitude toward several people... DH being head of the list, and two sons being right up there with him. The boys have been trying to install a storm door. I just wanted to hire it out, but NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo, that would never do. So for what seems like forever, they've been trying to put it up. They measured and measured, promised it was the right door. They got the door, then the it will be done in a couple of hours assurances. Well, it's been two weeks, it's still not done. They leave a mess where ever they work. They can't find DH's tools, or what they need. I've heard every excuse in the book. Then DS#2 had the nerve to 'quit' after a couple of hours yesterday. I blew up. He was tired and frustrated. That was it. I laid into both of them. I had the two younger kids, by myself while he slept past noon. The only reason he got up at all was because Zeke slid through the back of the chair at lunch and it was stuck in falling mode. I couldn't get him out, a glass music box was going to get hit by the chair if I let it go. I yelled for help. Poor Esther was like, Uncle Mike, where's your shirt? when he came out. That was funny as Mike is as hairy as my dad was.

Anyway, the storm door is still not finished. They started to replace the board on the back stoop. That job's not finished either they needed the hammer jack drill and they can't find the chock. I'm just frustrated that they're starting all this stuff and not finishing anything!

To make matters worse, I have to take the Vibe back to the dealership today because they broke the radio antenna.

I need a quilt shop visit somewhere! Without either one of them around! A little retail therapy, if you know what I mean. I could use some time in my sewing room. I'm going to order backing for Chris's quilt from Backside Fabrics, http://www.backsidefabrics.com/on-sale-108-hopscotch-digital-print-wide-quilt-backing-red/ That will add some color since the front is so very monochromatic and it will be on the back.

Well, best get started. Second load of laundry is in the washer. One cup of coffee is in me. Time to start a new day with hopefully a better attitude than yesterday.

Prayer for those in need for strength, understanding and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Star lover
March 6th, 2018, 09:53 AM
Oh Katrina....I feel your pain. So many things happening all at the same time! Hope today just gets better and better for opyou. Hugs!

MissMay
March 6th, 2018, 10:59 AM
Sorry the day has begun with frustration for some of you gals, been there. Blondie those babies will ease yours away and hopefully Katrina's boys will get the door installed and clean up the mess, been there also. DH was a DIYer so it was difficult for him to hire someone when work on the house was needed but finally he has let a local contractor do the heavy work for us.

Rain then snow predicted beginning tonight into tomorrow with 3 - 6 inches accumulation. Another DIY job we both used to do, I stopped snow removing years ago. So glad last year DH agreed to hire someone to remove it for us. Ronnie has been great and DH who will be 84 Saturday saves himself from an accident or painful joints.

Just looking out the window and wondered if the rabbit has been living under our backyard shed this Winter as she has done the past few years. Sometime in the Spring she would emerge with her babies. Haven't seen her so maybe she has died as I have no idea how long a rabbit's lifetime may be. Wonder if any of her babies have return to her nest, or is it her hutch? Guess I really don't know much about rabbits except we let on under a corner of our shed so we could see the cute bunnies. . .

PS: Just saw Jean's post, been there and done that too, LOL! I also am wishing when will Spring be here?

Jean Sewing Machine
March 6th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Good morning folks! Sounds like everyone has vexing adventures. I called the garage door people to replace my keypad that wouldn't work and locked me out of my house the other night. Naturally, once the repairman is due to come, it is now working perfectly! I'' still going to have him come to check it out. Meanwhile, not having that be the only way in, by reason of carrying the key ring with the door key and remote which I had forgotten the other night.

I had a routine doctor's appointment yesterday, with fasting blood test. It was early, 8:30, and I always treat myself to a yummy breakfast by going to a cool breakfast place nearby. This doctor's office changed from having their assistants do the blood draw ( which I am a challenge and many of them struggled to get it done) to having a blood lab in the building do it. So, I was early for my appointment, saw the doctor right away, marveled that I was finished with my 8:30 appointment at 8:36, went on to eat my yummy breakfast, and was 3/4 of the way home in a bad rainstorm when it hit me,, I TOTALLY FORGOT TO GO TO THE LAB! Duh, how could I forget that? No way was I turning around and driving back in that rain. So, some other morning this week, I need to skip breakfast, trek on down ( about 20 miles on a very busy highway) -0and finish what I started. Boy, do I feel dumb!

Hope you all have a good day. Storms for our east coast friends again, we may get some flakes later today. Spring, come, please! We need a break!

Suzette
March 6th, 2018, 11:15 AM
I hear ya Blondie, but it looks like your day is going to pick up nicely spending time with your sweet grandson! ❤️

LauraP
March 6th, 2018, 11:40 AM
Boy do I get it about DIY husbands. We just spent two weeks in a Love's parking lot while my husband (with my grudging help) replaced the radiator, water pump, etc on our motor home. Got it done ($1500.00) drove it a mile and it overheated again so now we have been sitting in the repair shop's parking lot since Friday waiting til they could squeeze us in. They claim it is fixed but I will believe it when we cross the New Mexico line. Why couldn't DH have just brought it here to begin with? I would have been soooooo willing to pay the bill. And he knows better cuz he hates it when the customer pulls their washing machine apart to fix it themselves and then calls him when they can't figure it out.
But on the bright side we should be out of here by 10 and that much closer to seeing my daughter in Texas! Yeah! And I got my hair cut and my fingers and toes done so I don't look like a wild woman. Life is looking up. Maybe I can sew tomorrow.

JCY
March 6th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Good Morning ~ I'm later than usual getting here today. I didn't have enough time at 6 a.m. The sun is shining here. Hopefully the blustery wind has left for a while. We had very high winds yest., with gusts >60 mph. It kept blowing over our garbage toter which was at curb side for weekly pick up. It was mostly in the 40's with a significant wind chill.

Yest. a.m. I got the turkey patties mixed up, did 3 loads of laundry, made DH's salads for the next 2 days, & finished my Bible study lesson for tomorrow. In the afternoon I pieced 4 more Buckeye Beauty blocks. Two more to go if I keep the size at 3 across x 4 down. I rearranged the block layout. Not sure if that's final or not. I'm still considering what to do about the border.

Today I need to review all my tax info., which I think is all collected in the file. I have an appt. for Thurs. a.m. with our tax preparer. This year they've added a new security measure; we have to provide copies of our driver's licenses. Maybe I'll get those 2 blocks made this afternoon.

Sorry some are having a frustrating day. I've lost posts, too, so I guess it happens to all of us at some time or another. Katrina, sorry your door project is taking so long & you have another issue with the car. When he was in good health, my DH was a great Mr. Fix-it. He has lots of tools & keeps them all in order in the garage. He's a very precise, organized person. However, he'll have nothing to do with plumbing! Now, for most routine maintenance & jobs we have to depend on a friend, hire it done, or let it go, which one can't always do. He still keeps track & lets me know when the cars need to go in for tune-up, oil change, etc. On a good day, he is able to check the oil, tires, etc. It's been 8 yrs. since he's felt up to driving the car. He misses being able to drive, but in his current health status, he would not be safe on the roads, which he recognizes & accepts.

I'm ready for some breakfast!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 12:47 PM
Good Morning All,

I feel your pain, Blondie. I've had it happen too, but you'll forget all about it when that bundle of love comes through the doorway.

I hit a wall yesterday, and was quite overwhelmed with a pissy attitude toward several people... DH being head of the list, and two sons being right up there with him. The boys have been trying to install a storm door. I just wanted to hire it out, but NOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooo, that would never do. So for what seems like forever, they've been trying to put it up. They measured and measured, promised it was the right door. They got the door, then the it will be done in a couple of hours assurances. Well, it's been two weeks, it's still not done. They leave a mess where ever they work. They can't find DH's tools, or what they need. I've heard every excuse in the book. Then DS#2 had the nerve to 'quit' after a couple of hours yesterday. I blew up. He was tired and frustrated. That was it. I laid into both of them. I had the two younger kids, by myself while he slept past noon. The only reason he got up at all was because Zeke slid through the back of the chair at lunch and it was stuck in falling mode. I couldn't get him out, a glass music box was going to get hit by the chair if I let it go. I yelled for help. Poor Esther was like, Uncle Mike, where's your shirt? when he came out. That was funny as Mike is as hairy as my dad was.

Anyway, the storm door is still not finished. They started to replace the board on the back stoop. That job's not finished either they needed the hammer jack drill and they can't find the chock. I'm just frustrated that they're starting all this stuff and not finishing anything!

To make matters worse, I have to take the Vibe back to the dealership today because they broke the radio antenna.

I need a quilt shop visit somewhere! Without either one of them around! A little retail therapy, if you know what I mean. I could use some time in my sewing room. I'm going to order backing for Chris's quilt from Backside Fabrics, http://www.backsidefabrics.com/on-sale-108-hopscotch-digital-print-wide-quilt-backing-red/ That will add some color since the front is so very monochromatic and it will be on the back.

Well, best get started. Second load of laundry is in the washer. One cup of coffee is in me. Time to start a new day with hopefully a better attitude than yesterday.

Prayer for those in need for strength, understanding and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

Oh Katrina, I'm so sorry things are going off track. I have mostly been handy with tools all my life, as my dad taught me how to use them. He also showed me how to use the shoemaker's treadle machine. My ex was a disaster with tools, so it usually got done by check when things finally fell apart. My DH is handy, but no spring chicken. He does mean well but it takes forever to do anything. I amtaking advantage of his recent back injury, to hire out. So far I have had the basement painted (on list for 6+ yrs). Hired painter for upstairs bathroom, when his son moved out 2 yrs ago. Have bought new light fixture for bathroom. It will be done soon. I am also going to get electrician in to finish replacing the outlets with nice square toggle ones. Half the house was done when we moved in, and he said he would do the rest (7yrs ago). Switches have been collecting dust, but no more. I am calling in for estimates to replace window by patio door, hoping they don't have to replace it all - 3 panel door. Getting that list out now. As well meaning as friends and family are, they are busy also. So if you can, get it done By check.

Sorry about your Vibe. I found a good honest and reliable dealer when I bought my Toyota Sienna 18 yrs ago. They were honest about work to be done, time it would take and would give me extra services when I would wince. Needless to say when it came time to replace it last year, I bought another toyota, Rav 4. I got a deal on one that was 8 months old with only 5000km. I got all new car warranties. It is about a 15 minute drive from my house. Interesting, they opened a satellite store about 5 minutes from my home, but they are idiots and bad with service. My daughter brings her Toyota there, and there are always problems.

I agree, there's nothing better than retail therapy, even if you just go in to touch new fabrics. It removes the urge for me to SCREAM sometimes. DH knows this and brings me ought often.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 12:51 PM
Boy do I get it about DIY husbands. We just spent two weeks in a Love's parking lot while my husband (with my grudging help) replaced the radiator, water pump, etc on our motor home. Got it done ($1500.00) drove it a mile and it overheated again so now we have been sitting in the repair shop's parking lot since Friday waiting til they could squeeze us in. They claim it is fixed but I will believe it when we cross the New Mexico line. Why couldn't DH have just brought it here to begin with? I would have been soooooo willing to pay the bill. And he knows better cuz he hates it when the customer pulls their washing machine apart to fix it themselves and then calls him when they can't figure it out.
But on the bright side we should be out of here by 10 and that much closer to seeing my daughter in Texas! Yeah! And I got my hair cut and my fingers and toes done so I don't look like a wild woman. Life is looking up. Maybe I can sew tomorrow.

I think some men need validation, and have a strong need to do manly things. Sure they can do a lot of things, but sometimes it's better to have a happy wife = happy life = get it done by check.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 12:55 PM
Good Morning ~ I'm later than usual getting here today. I didn't have enough time at 6 a.m. The sun is shining here. Hopefully the blustery wind has left for a while. We had very high winds yest., with gusts >60 mph. It kept blowing over our garbage toter which was at curb side for weekly pick up. It was mostly in the 40's with a significant wind chill.

Yest. a.m. I got the turkey patties mixed up, did 3 loads of laundry, made DH's salads for the next 2 days, & finished my Bible study lesson for tomorrow. In the afternoon I pieced 4 more Buckeye Beauty blocks. Two more to go if I keep the size at 3 across x 4 down. I rearranged the block layout. Not sure if that's final or not. I'm still considering what to do about the border.

Today I need to review all my tax info., which I think is all collected in the file. I have an appt. for Thurs. a.m. with our tax preparer. This year they've added a new security measure; we have to provide copies of our driver's licenses. Maybe I'll get those 2 blocks made this afternoon.

Sorry some are having a frustrating day. I've lost posts, too, so I guess it happens to all of us at some time or another. Katrina, sorry your door project is taking so long & you have another issue with the car. When he was in good health, my DH was a great Mr. Fix-it. He has lots of tools & keeps them all in order in the garage. He's a very precise, organized person. However, he'll have nothing to do with plumbing! Now, for most routine maintenance & jobs we have to depend on a friend, hire it done, or let it go, which one can't always do. He still keeps track & lets me know when the cars need to go in for tune-up, oil change, etc. On a good day, he is able to check the oil, tires, etc. It's been 8 yrs. since he's felt up to driving the car. He misses being able to drive, but in his current health status, he would not be safe on the roads, which he recognizes & accepts.

I'm ready for some breakfast!

Oh my, you have been productive. I don't know if this is the beginning for my husband - currently I'm his driver, but I suspect that once his back feels better, he will want to drive.
Have to get going.

Nwmnteacher
March 6th, 2018, 12:58 PM
I look forward every day to reading what you girls are up to! Thanks for sharing your days.

Sun. night and Mon. we had a snowstorm, but it wasn't as bad as predicted. It started out as rain, then transitioned into really wet snow. I think we ended up with about 6 ", but the good thing about it being so heavy is that it didn't blow and drift. Usually, when we get a 30mph wind with snow, it's 0 visibility. Today is sunny, and the clean new snow makes it all that much brighter.

I finished a Secret Santa project the other day. I've been working on the binding in the evenings during my TV time. I wanted a quick project to work on yesterday during the storm, so I made an apron to wear for work. At JoAnns we can wear our own aprons as long as they're made with fabric we purchased at the store. They have expanded the Asian inspired fabrics, which I love, so I purchased some and used that for the apron. It's an old-fashioned style with the cross over in the back, no ties, and two big pockets. I bought the pattern from Nancy's Notions. I like how it turned out.

I've started cutting up my scraps as soon as finished a project. I cut them into 5" squares, 2 1/2" squares, and 2 1/2" tumblers, and also trips of various widths. I'm hoping to also whittle down by scrap basket into these shapes as well, and maybe *some day* I'll use them in some scrap quilts!

I'm not sure what the day will bring, but I better get ready for it.
Jeanne

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Oh Blondie, I have done that with FAcebook. I don't think it likes the iPad very much. So I spend less time there. That's a good thing.

I had a nice afternoon yesterday sewing with the Victoria Quilts group. I got there at 1pm, but everyone was already sewing away. I am going to get there at 12:30 next time. I Was given the same pattern as last month, but the colour combination is more to my taste. I also got to sew a bit and started cleaning out some of my mom's clothes that she hasn't worn in a few years.

Today I will bring back my mom's laundry and donate for those who need and they also sell for extra funds the senior's activities. Last fall, they made $30,000 at the garage sale. They also have an area where you can buy items. Great deals but I have to restrict myself. There are a lot of volunteers there and they are an organized group.

I was up early, sorting through paint cans - to give, to keep and to bring to Lowes. My son will take the near full cans for his place. I will go pick up the paint for upstairs bathroom. Painter said he could do in a day, between jobs. I want to be ready if he calls.

Later I will bring DH to bank and we will try to pull tax papers together to bring to accountant later this month. I got his phuysio assessment on next week's Friday. He is on cancellation list. I hope this helps with pain relief.

I caught up this morning with my daughter. I want able to go to her MIL's 70th birthday. It went well, and the teaching restaurant at that college could be a good option for small-large family gatherings. They were about 75 people, and she said food and service, and prices were good. I'd be up for that as an option to having everyone over at our place. I know the cats wouldn't miss the screaming rug-rats. Haha.

I hope to get to my happy place later this aft. I've got another quick meal planned for a sewing day. Last night we had salmon, green beans, corn that I froze from last summer and I made a Greek salad. I am going to need to plan healthier meals for DH, as he needs to lose weight as well. I am at a good weight, but I am able to move and do stuff. That keeps me from sitting and snacking. And bonus, when I sew, I loose weight. I just forget about eating.

I hope everyone's day gets easier with all the challenges. We are women. Together, we can get through most anything.

KPH
March 6th, 2018, 03:39 PM
Well, the trip for the Vibe wasn't as bad as I expected. When they fixed the air bag recall, they had to take part of the dash out. The wire that connected the stereo to the antenna pulled loose. So they reconnected it and we were on our way in about an hour.

We stopped at Lumber Liquidators to see if they had the moulding that goes toward the living room side of the threshold. They have it, got the color of the wood from the previous owners address. That's ordered and paid for and it won't take long to glue it in place when it gets in. We need to silicone the threshold down, I told Mike I would sit on it to hold it in place so there aren't any gaps while we're waiting on the trim to come in.

The 'bug guy' came while we were out. So there was a $200 bill waiting on me. I called him and asked why, it's about time for our quarterly visit but that's only $90. If I'd taken the time to read more carefully, I would have seen it was for the termite yearly treatment. He told me we have two more years on the bond. Which is nice to know. I'll start saving up for the 'big bill' in two years. I'd just bought a termite bond in Stanley, hope those folks appreciate it!

Mike wanted to go to Books a Million. He found two Star Wars Books that he's been collecting. I found an Amelia Bedelia book for J. I thought since we read about the joint jumping in his Ella Fitzgerald book last week, he'd get a kick out of AM. I had the pleasure of meeting Peggy Parish at my first paying teaching job. She was such a gracious lady and loved telling the children all about her characters.

Today is a much better day, I certainly appreciate your kind thoughts and well wishes. It's hard to take a back seat to the kids when they're frustrated knowing that DH would have had it finished the first day. It was one of those times when I just wanted to smack him for passing before he finished the things he promised to do. I'm going to find a handy man. I don't like having to depend on Jim and Mike- they both have their own lives to take care of.

Mimi_Howard
March 6th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Mornin' All... Well I am still in that "my alone time is for your own safety" routine. Dang meds and moods, secondary infections from the flu can be mean. Two urgent care visitis, x-ray, blood work and off work for a week now. Couple extra shots of antiobiotics, litterally pain in the butt! And now I am walking around honking like a wounded duck, almost lost my voice. My father is now complaining (he has serious health issues) and getting him to cooperate is NOT going to be easy.

geegeequilts
March 6th, 2018, 05:35 PM
I told about having a hurricane & tornado fight in m y sewing room & have been trying to calm things down by getting rid of fabric & other c r a p that I don't like or can't use. Of course, that means revamping my sewing room which needs wonderful, sweet, obliging, (honey, are you reading this?) husband. I gave some fabric to a quiltingchallenged (yes, that's a new word I made up just for her) friend. She mentioned a fabric we had bought at an EXCELLENT estate sale & she spent a short time bent over going thru some of the bins like she was at another estate sale (which kinda ticked me off a bit) didn't find what she was looking for & took her stuff home. I'm not sure how good a friend she is cos she's always wanting me to give her half of what fabric etc I get whether it's at yard sales, etc. I have to tell her that Jerry (my hubby) works hard for my money, lol!

anyway, hope everyone's day get better soon.

Gina

LauraP
March 6th, 2018, 10:53 PM
So after 16 days and $2100 we are now in NM. I'm hoping he'll only want to stay a couple of days before heading to my daughters at Ft. Hood, TX, SEWING IS DEFINITELY ON THE AGENDA FOR TOMORROW.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 11:51 PM
I told about having a hurricane & tornado fight in m y sewing room & have been trying to calm things down by getting rid of fabric & other c r a p that I don't like or can't use. Of course, that means revamping my sewing room which needs wonderful, sweet, obliging, (honey, are you reading this?) husband. I gave some fabric to a quiltingchallenged (yes, that's a new word I made up just for her) friend. She mentioned a fabric we had bought at an EXCELLENT estate sale & she spent a short time bent over going thru some of the bins like she was at another estate sale (which kinda ticked me off a bit) didn't find what she was looking for & took her stuff home. I'm not sure how good a friend she is cos she's always wanting me to give her half of what fabric etc I get whether it's at yard sales, etc. I have to tell her that Jerry (my hubby) works hard for my money, lol!

anyway, hope everyone's day get better soon.

Gina
Good for you to recognize that you don't like/want some of your fabrics. Every year a friend of mine and I go sell at a fabric flea market. It's a 1 day sale and very well attended. We usually prep our fabrics, folded and tied neatly like in stores. We each sell off about $200-400. I spend on new fabrics and tools I want. She is saving it for a quilt retreat together.
I have friends like yours. They are not quilters, but they always seemed to be smooching, even though they can well afford whatever they need, I give to many charities, of my choice. It bugs me when some of them are looking for contributions. I have slowly excused myself from their activities. I think you recognize this as well in your friend. If you don't mind, then it's ok. It's when you start to feel used, it's time for a change.