PDA

View Full Version : What talent there is.......

shermur
March 6th, 2018, 06:04 AM
When I think about Missouri Star, Jenny Doan, Angela Walters, Tula Pink, Jacqui Gehring and goodness knows who I could be forgetting.....

It absolutely floors me the talent in the State of Missouri. Just thinking about the days when I attended the Missouri State Fair growing up and seeing quilting talents submitted.

This article was posted on the National Quilters Circle FB page.....it makes me miss my home state so much!

http://www.newstribune.com/news/local/story/2018/mar/04/stitching-traditions/716005/

Monique
March 6th, 2018, 07:06 AM
How fun would it be to join in there and stitch away.

Bubby
March 6th, 2018, 09:36 AM
When I think about Missouri Star, Jenny Doan, Angela Walters, Tula Pink, Jacqui Gehring and goodness knows who I could be forgetting.....

It absolutely floors me the talent in the State of Missouri. Just thinking about the days when I attended the Missouri State Fair growing up and seeing quilting talents submitted.

This article was posted on the National Quilters Circle FB page.....it makes me miss my home state so mu

http://www.newstribune.com/news/local/story/2018/mar/04/stitching-traditions/716005/

............and we Missouri quilters MISS YOU SO MUCH!!

shermur
March 6th, 2018, 10:09 AM
How sweet, Barb! IT's nice to know that I am missed. I miss my quilting guild in Springfield, MO. I miss my friends of 20 plus years. I really miss my house in Lee's Summit. I miss having access to a decent local quilt shop!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 01:18 PM
I really, really want to go to Missouri. My husband is originally from Kansas and still has family in Wichita and Lawrence. I told him I could plan our itinerary to fly through Kansas City ( now I'm not sure if it's better to go the MO or KS side, but then we could rent a car and drive the countryside.

shermur
March 6th, 2018, 02:01 PM
Suzanne, the airport is on the Missouri side and MSQC is about 1 hour north of the airport and about 62 miles south of the Iowa border. So your hubby's family is another direction from Kansas City, MO.....renting a car at the airport could get you a lot of country driving!

FaintlyArtistic
March 6th, 2018, 09:10 PM
I grew up there...miss GREEN...