PDA

View Full Version : Monday Morning March Madness

Blondie
March 5th, 2018, 06:40 AM

Hello Folksies!

Where did the weekend go? It seemed to fly by as quickly as the wind ! Our power has still been flickering off and on all day yesterday. I never even got near the computer. Actually, that has been one of my issues and problems in the past 2 years - computer time. I can sit down here and lose my day, my mind and every second of time I thought I had available to fritter away ! Being a frugal person, I like to aware of time management. For some reason it doesn't work for me the way it used to. Never one to worry about things that are out of my control, I begin each day with a new zeal to be productive and helpful.

So, a word of advice . . . if you want to be productive, don't spend too much time on the internet. Especially Pinterest. I can go there and stay for days, weeks, months. Inspiration, thy name is Pinterest! I am trying to get the Luscious One to get on Pinterest - so many fun things to be inspired by and do. I did get him to make some Christmas Trees out of pallets this past year for the yard. He so enjoyed that he decided to make one for the kids across the street and for my Sis and my Mom. Everyone indulged him with joyful beatific smiles. Even though he is the only Clark Griswold wanna-be on The Hill. I may joke about his lights, his decorating the tree, the house - I love it , though. And so, with that in mind, I have given him a project for this next year. I want him to plan out a Christmas walk around Village so to speak in the back yard in one of our garden areas. He can make all kinds of things to make it like a Santa Village. So then when our DD comes home for Christmas this year Tyler will be at the totally perfect age of 4 and a half. He was so into lights this past Christmas - and I think our Eli will enjoy the lights this year as well. Ethan, I can tell already will just love being with Eli anywhere. He never seems to take his eyes off his big brother.

Wow, where did the above sharing come from? Not enough coffee yet! Christmas? Oh well, it is never far from mind, although I should be thinking of Spring Inspirations and stuff. Actually, I do love the thought of Spring. I spent yesterday afternoon making a bunch of bird cakes up and freezing them. You know how I love to feed the birdies. I keep Mom and Sis stocked up on them, too. They are very well fed indeed and go through about 3 dense cakes a week. Of course, it has been so cold, I know it helps keep them warm. Hoping that my little jenny wrens will build on my deck again this year. I enjoyed watching their busyness all spring and summer. Of course, we should be planning our veg garden out this year - just love watching anything grow.

Let me share a sweet pic of Eli from yesterday. We need to all be inspired by our small ones every day - they always seem to find the fascination and wonder in life that we just simply take for granted.

Have a great day, friends. I am off to find my inspiration at the bottom of a coffee cup.
smiles and blessings!!

Star lover
March 5th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Good morning Blondie and all who'll follow.....

Yes, we all need to treasure all that is around us......so many blessings .......we often overlook them. Thank you for the reminder.

Busy, yet not busy weekend. Yesterday, hunch in the am, then out for lunch. DH is happy to help me not work too much on Sunday's. Home, then off grocery shopping......my most.....well almost....hated thing to do. But it needed doing. Wouldn't have been so bad, but it's pothole season here and it's an adventure. They are going to do some major road repair here as soon as it warms up a bit more, but in preparation (cause they're going to close 1 side and move enpberyone to share the other) they are repairing some of the worst potholes. So 4 lanes become 1and all the drama that brings!

Home to a small meal and then off to bed. For some reason I didn't sleep good......getting older is no fun!

But I'm hoping today to get into my sewing room....maybe, we'll see.

Hope everyone had a good weekend and are bright eyed and bushy tailed this am.....OK..... bushy tailed......yeah right!

Love and hugs to all....enjoy the many blessings in your life!

Monique
March 5th, 2018, 08:32 AM

Don't I wish quilting made me thin. Good morning friends. Les whisked me away for the weekend. We spent it in Kingston, Ontario. It is such a beautiful town. Saturday we pretty well spent it antiquing. Value Village was also on the list to visit. I came away with 3 flannel sheets, a pattern, and a small bag of Christmas fabric, it was a good buy. Along the way, I also found a casserole dish to replace the one I had broken. It is identical in shape to it. Now I have an extra lid that I will give to Lynda. All in all we had a great weekend.

Well the Memory Quilt has gone home. Grace and Eldon came and picked it up last night. They loved it and shed some tears as they remembered some special moments. Quilters are our own worst critics and I am so relieved that they loved it. Did I have doubts? Not really BUT what if they didn't like it? Pictures are in Show and Tell.

I am (quilting) working all week. Today I will take the baby quilt I need to finish hand quilting as the baby came early.

Have a great day friends.

Ginny B
March 5th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Good morning all. We had a dusting of snow overnight so it is making things look brighter out there. (and anything that makes Monday look brighter is a good thing for me). I had a busy weekend working on the signature quilt. I did receive all the squares back by Friday afternoon and so Saturday began the marathon "put the quilt together for Susan" weekend. I am now ready to bind it. Whew! Of course, I was very happy that we didn't lose power so I could get all that sewing done. However, my sons in Westchester county lost power for 24 hours so I had a couple of unexpected guests overnight. Their power was restored around 3:30 yesterday. Now they are talking about another storm heading this way with more winds and snow. Ahhh, March, it's always so interesting. Hopefully they (and we) keep our power through the next one. But I did enjoy having them around.

Blondie, Christmas is always usually somewhere in my thoughts. I love your idea about a walk around village. The kids will love it!!
Anita, I am with you about grocery shopping. I am very lucky though that dh doesn't mind doing it and so he has taken over that chore. Monique, sounds like you had a really nice weekend.

Time to get myself dressed and get my binding ready to be sewn on to the quilt over the next couple of nights. Have a great day everyone.

Iris Girl
March 5th, 2018, 09:04 AM
Morning all. I feel like I have been MIA forever. Laptop died and all I had was a tablet. Tablet is small and none of my picture files are there. So I posted very little. New laptop arrived on Sat and my son got to work setting it up and transferring files. It is an awesome machine. I am playing my games in graphics I have never seen before. It feels like when you get new glasses. LOL . Quilting has been sporatic for me lately. Power was out about 10 hours Friday do to the storm, and now there is another to hit Tues night into Weds.

Anita I know what you mean by pothole season. Some spots you need to ride the other lane or the yellow line, some you do the slolom. Some I just wished I drove a hovercraft.

Monique I got a t shirt with that saying on it for Christmas!

Work today, have a good one everyone.

Cathy F
March 5th, 2018, 09:18 AM
Morning all,
Yesterday was our theater benefit, lunch, raffle baskets and a then a play. This year's performance was Nunsense it was very good. We had a sell out of tickets. We are a service club so the money raised enables us to continue our community projects. Came home tired from all the work prior but happy with the results.

Haven't been able to get as much time in the sewing room these past two weeks but was able to finish a few small things. Now it will be full steam ahead as I am helping to make 40 fidgit pads for Alzheimer's patients.

Woke up this morning to see a light dusting of snow on the grass and cars but nothing on the street. With warmer temps should be gone quickly.

Off for breakfast with our friends this morning so I better get a move on.

Bubby
March 5th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Good Monday Morning...We had a ferocious electrical storm that lasted about two hours in the early am. Our power went off and on several times and our phones kept chirping. Dottie got nearly on top of me to protect me and every time it thundered she growled or barked to make it go away.

I enjoyed the free Craftsy weekend. I managed to watch almost 4 classes and printed the class materials for future reference.

I have a few errands to run today but the rest of the day I would like to spend in the sewing room....with Dottie.

Blondie, I love the pictures of Eli. How he's grown!! Monique, your memory quilt turned out awesome.

April, glad you are back with us....missed you.

Wishing everyone a wonderful Monday.....

KPH
March 5th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Good Morning All!

Blondie you're an inspiration, and I know what you mean about getting lost in the computer. It seems like I spend more time on here since DH passed.

Anyway, I watched the Sticks and Stones tutorial and have the measurements all listed on my paper. I'm planning to make it big enough for my bed. I love the way she did the border. Which led me to thinking about the borders and backing on Chris's quilt. I had lots of usable scraps that I pulled into 4 patches. I'm thinking about putting 9 on opposite corners kind of like she did with the piano key border on that quilt. I still have to get the inner border and outer border fabrics. I'm seriously thinking about Kaufman's Hopscotch backing with the black, grays, and reds digital print squares for the back. Backside Fabrics has it on sale this week.

DS#1 is on spring break this week. DS#2 is off today and we have lists of things to do. I've already started on mine- called in prescriptions this morning! One thing checked off. Still have to call for an appointment with the lawyer to sign papers, a package to mail to DH's best friend, the storm door to finish, and finally fax to send to Experion, if you ever want to talk to a real person at that company... good luck. I was on hold two separate days for over an hour each time. I tried email, facebook, it still took them over a week to get back in touch with me... over a free account DH had set up! Then they had the balls to send me one of those wonderful 'how are we doing emails'... They really didn't want to know.

It's going to be a glorious day. I've made up my mind and put on my St. Patrick lucky hat socks. If that doesn't make you happy nothing else will.

While someone is here, I've got to figure out how to compress the photos off of my new camera. It takes great pictures, but they're all too big to post here. On my old vista, I knew exactly what to do. I'm still trying to figure out what ever is loaded on this silly lap top. There are times, I wish I had my old desktop back!

I hope everyone has a great day.

Special prayers for Nancy's family. Prayers for those in need for strength, understanding, and healing touches. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings.

I guess we're having the youngest kids today, so J can have home school with Nana. With Mom and Dad both being off, this might be interesting.

JCY
March 5th, 2018, 10:06 AM
Good Morning ~ We had a sunny, nice day yest. It made it up to 72 deg. In the afternoon the wind came up. It kept blowing over our garbage toter which was set out for this morning's pick up. Fire danger is very high because it's been so dry & because of the wind. There was a fire in another county which burned almost 400 acres, destroyed a home & some out buildings. Most of eastern Colo. is under a red flag warning.

I did no sewing over the week end. I have pieces for 2 blocks laid out on block boards waiting. Maybe today. My usual TV church program, Rejoice in the Lord, wasn't on last night due to that channel's fund raiser, so I watched 1 hr. of Billy Graham's funeral service on YT. I think there are 3 more hrs. of coverage, which I'll get to in due time.

Mixing up my turkey patties is on the agenda this a.m. Time to get DH's breakfast.

Mimi_Howard
March 5th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Good Morning All. Couple of rough patches last night with coughing. Get my chest x-ray this morning and then back to urgent care to sit and wait, probably for hours since all their appt. times were already full. Just started the predisone and already it is not a "pretty" sight. Feels like there is a "ping - ping - ping Ricochet Rabbit" cartoon moment happening in my brain. I do have to drop by work to fill out time card, I missed all but one day last week and this week is payweek and I don't want a short paycheck coming. BUT I do have "no work today" order from the doctor, so I can hand them the note, and get the stink eye ready if they give me grief. Best to keep mouth shut and talk with the eyes!

Love and Hugs to All!

pcbatiks
March 5th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Good morning. Quick hello before I'm off to help sort books again. The sale is about 3 weeks away and this is what is waiting to be sorted today! :icon_eek: Wish you all could come to the sale!

Hope everyone has a good day! Big hugs to those in need of one.

Star lover
March 5th, 2018, 11:01 AM
Wow, that's a lotta books!

grammaterry
March 5th, 2018, 11:09 AM
Mimi , ho[e you are over this really soon. I know that a short paycheck would suck. But, being sick is worse.
Blondie, I think we have all missed your wonderful rhetorical posts. They do bring a smile and inspiration. Although , I do not go on Pintrest very often for those very reasons. I find the computer eats away so much of my day and if I didn't love all of you so much I wouldn't be checking in here three times a day.
I am so looking forward to getting the yard in shape. I bought bulbs to plant at Sams Club and I looked for the dates for planting. On the Little map it showed to plan Mar-April. Yeah...then in the small print at the bottom of the package (which I read after I purchased the bulbs) do not plant before the danger of frost has passed. Well, that will be mid May to be safe. That seems like a long time from now. But...the good news is...time seems to be passing by me at a momentous speed. That may be the bad news as well.
I have completed 30 quilts for the Shriners. They range in size from 36x45 to 65x80. I got an idea this weekend and I'm going to call the hospital. I'm certain they have a gift shop and what better place for them to sell the quilts! I don't know if they would take them there or not, but can't hurt to ask.
I got my hair cut last week and it feels so strange when I wake up and there isn't any! The guy who cut it says, "wow, this took 10 yrs off you...you look 50 again!" I laughed...His math isn't so good.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 5th, 2018, 11:12 AM
Good morning ladies.
I know what you mean Blondie about spending time on Internet. I would spend mornings on FAcebook, keeping up with my far away friends, then I joined a few quilting and mid arm sites. That's when I started getting bombed with hundreds of postings on my timeline. I have cut some of them back. Especially one group that is only a year old, and reached over 30k people. All they post, and is 'Hi from xxx' then you get people trying to connect with lost friends. It's a quilt site, but I see very little wuilting, so this one will get nixed.
I did go on FB yesterday after a 4-5 day hiatus, and saw that I missed a great 2 day surprise 50% sale on all flannels at a LQS. She is a small shop, but quality fabrics are already less than in-town shops, and she gives an extra 20% off purchases if you show any guild card.
Today, I am volunteering at Victoria's quilt. We make quilts for people to keep and use when they have chemotherapy.
Have a good day.

TMP
March 5th, 2018, 11:25 AM
Good Morning!

It looks like its going to be a beautiful day here. I am on my first cup of coffee and not thinking clearly yet. I am not sure if I am picking up the grands today or not from school. Their father can't make up his mind if he is going out of town or not. We go thru this every first Monday and Tuesday of the month. I am not sure why but he does this every month. I feel like I'm on standby and its hard to plan my day. He is a good son-n-law. We celebrated my birthday yesterday because everyone will be working late on Tuesday. SL smoked a turkey breast and a rack of ribs. Let me tell you something that fellow can cook it was so yummy.

I finished the binding on my cat quilt (Jenny's pattern) and I started another one. This is such a fun quilt to make. I have the layer cake that wasn't cut right and I am using that for this one. I am having to adjust some. grrr I am still annoyed with all that. No, RJR never responded to my email. I just won't purchase their products anymore.

Have a wonderful day,
Teresa

Jean Sewing Machine
March 5th, 2018, 03:45 PM
Morning all,
Yesterday was our theater benefit, lunch, raffle baskets and a then a play. This year's performance was Nunsense it was very good. We had a sell out of tickets. We are a service club so the money raised enables us to continue our community projects. Came home tired from all the work prior but happy with the results.

Haven't been able to get as much time in the sewing room these past two weeks but was able to finish a few small things. Now it will be full steam ahead as I am helping to make 40 fidgit pads for Alzheimer's patients.

Woke up this morning to see a light dusting of snow on the grass and cars but nothing on the street. With warmer temps should be gone quickly.

Off for breakfast with our friends this morning so I better get a move on.
Wow! I love Nunsense, costumed it twice for two different groups, also the Christmas version called Nuncrackers! I've costumed many other nun's shows, and have a whole convent full of nun's gowns in my collection! Glad your event was a sellout. It is a very enjoyable uplifting show!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 6th, 2018, 12:05 AM
Good morning. Quick hello before I'm off to help sort books again. The sale is about 3 weeks away and this is what is waiting to be sorted today! :icon_eek: Wish you all could come to the sale!

Hope everyone has a good day! Big hugs to those in need of one.

Wow. That's a lot of books and quite the challenge to organize. good luck.