PDA

View Full Version : It's Sunday!

JCY
March 4th, 2018, 10:03 AM
Good Morning ~ Just a quick note, then I need to get on to the day's activities. We had another glorious day yest. It got up to 73 deg. & was sunny. It sure felt like spring. I saw a few more crocuses popping up in the flower bed. I opened the front door screen window for 30 min. to let in the fresh air.

The quilt show was good. I took some pics, which I'll put into an album later when I have time. The massage was wonderful. My neck has been bothering me; she really worked that over. I always have tightness in my back. I'm sore this a.m., but a good kind of soreness. I'll need to drink plenty of fluids today to flush out the toxins.

This morning will be church. We have Communion the first Sun. of every mo. I need to make a quick stop at the groc. store on the way home for a couple items. This afternoon I hope to get back to piecing the Buckeye Beauty blocks.

I checked YouTube yest. to see if Rev. Billy Graham's funeral was posted. It is. It looks like it's there in its entirety. When I have time I want to watch that.

I hope everyone has a good day.

Mimi_Howard
March 4th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Good Sunday Morning... first time I have actually felt like saying good morning for a week now. Spent yesterday at urgent care and got the big guns (doctors) behind me now in helping with this horrible flu. Monday I have chest x-ray and back for follow up at urgent care and see if I can return to work on Tuesday or not. I have Tuesday afternoon appt with tax guy, don't want to miss that for sure. For the first time I am taking prednisone and not sure if I will be a "bad mood mimi" or not. Told my family that forum members have talked about the not so pretty prednisone. So I apologized up front. I am primary care giver for my dad (serious health issues) and forewarned him.. he said ahhhhh I am thick skinned, i can handle it! This could be a good time for his short term memory loss to kick in to go with his thick skin. LOL.

grammaterry
March 4th, 2018, 10:58 AM
Got the taxes done yesterday afternoon and that is always a load off my shoulders. Stopped at the Family dollar and got DH some boot laces. They only had bright neon colors...he said it didn't matter...as long as they tied.
It is still icy cold here with the wind but the weather maps look like we have the GOOD weather. All you folks in the upper Midwest are the ones that have the brutal weather and down thru the mid south with the flooding.
I don't know what I'll do today. Maybe I'll get the sewing room warm enough to sew, otherwise I'll be forced to clean house lol.
I'm feeling a little bored in the evenings...tv seems dumb, don't have a great book to read, and DH is falling a sleep as soon as dinner is finished.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 4th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Hi! I spent the night last night couch surfing at my friends house. We went out to a concert and I forgot to throw my house key in my purse. No problem, I have a garage door key pad to let me in. So at 11 pm last night, I discovered the keypad no longer worked! Yikes! We went up to Walgreens for new batteries and some sort of tool to take out the screw that was holding the battery cover. The only tool they had was not working. So she took me to her house and I slept on her couch. This morning, her DIL, Ms. Fix it, helped me get to the battery and we found the batteries I had bought the night before were no good. Back to Walgreens for some fresher batteries, they didn't work either. So I was pounding the keypad number in over and over again, and finally it worked! Must get that thing checked out and keep the key in my purse! What an adventure! Hope today goes smoother than last night!

Granny Judy
March 4th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Hi, there Jean, I know that "forgot my key" thing.. what an adventure. I did have my key with me, but living with DD#2 has some communication problems. She didn't tell me what door the key is for. And we have 4 different doors to come and go thru. So when I came back home from an outing with friends, I go to the "front" door, slip in the key and it doesn't turn anything. OK, I will just head to the "side" door- the one we used all the time since it is right at the drive way , where we park all the time. NOPE.. it turns but doesn't release the lock.

Now I am starting to panic a little.. but I still have 2 more possibilities. Back door is my next stop.. insert key and pray... Well the key just didn't go in. It doesn't fit. The only option left is the other door that we never use.. The up stair apartment door.. which we remodeled that entry so we could just open a door and go up stairs from the inside. Holding my breath as I insert my key and turn it... Yea!!! It turns and the door pops open.. I mean it POPS open and I am inside!! I did some shoving and pushing to open it wide enough to squeeze in. (the landing is DD#2 storage area for all her shoes and boxes.) Now I have to work to get the darn door to close.. something about not using that entry has caused some warping or swelling of the frame so the door no longer fit..

Time to call the handy man of the family to fix it. so for that moment in time, I only had the door chain and lots of boxes or shoes to keep the critters and muggers out. It was fixed the next day, and we got new locks for 3 doors that had plenty of keys for me, DD#2 & her hubby. And I can enter any of those doors, except the patio/back door. And that is another story for another day.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 4th, 2018, 03:03 PM
Hi, there Jean, I know that "forgot my key" thing.. what an adventure. I did have my key with me, but living with DD#2 has some communication problems. She didn't tell me what door the key is for. And we have 4 different doors to come and go thru. So when I came back home from an outing with friends, I go to the "front" door, slip in the key and it doesn't turn anything. OK, I will just head to the "side" door- the one we used all the time since it is right at the drive way , where we park all the time. NOPE.. it turns but doesn't release the lock.

Now I am starting to panic a little.. but I still have 2 more possibilities. Back door is my next stop.. insert key and pray... Well the key just didn't go in. It doesn't fit. The only option left is the other door that we never use.. The up stair apartment door.. which we remodeled that entry so we could just open a door and go up stairs from the inside. Holding my breath as I insert my key and turn it... Yea!!! It turns and the door pops open.. I mean it POPS open and I am inside!! I did some shoving and pushing to open it wide enough to squeeze in. (the landing is DD#2 storage area for all her shoes and boxes.) Now I have to work to get the darn door to close.. something about not using that entry has caused some warping or swelling of the frame so the door no longer fit..

Time to call the handy man of the family to fix it. so for that moment in time, I only had the door chain and lots of boxes or shoes to keep the critters and muggers out. It was fixed the next day, and we got new locks for 3 doors that had plenty of keys for me, DD#2 & her hubby. And I can enter any of those doors, except the patio/back door. And that is another story for another day.
How can we make it so challenging just to open the stinking door? Glad you got yours fixed, I'm' calling the garage door people tomorrow! Second time in a month.

KPH
March 4th, 2018, 03:22 PM
Afternoon all,

DS#1 came home last night from the Men's Retreat. He's already planning for next year, packing up the archery stuff and taking it with them. I figured it was more of a study retreat than it really was. They went shooting in the morning. He called around 3 and was telling me he wished he'd taken his Dad's archery stuff since there was plenty of room to shoot. He'll take it next spring.

He called and was ready to go to church early, even though there was no Sunday School this morning. Morgan decided to stay home and sleep. After 3 nights from 7 pm- 7am, I totally get that. She's feeling the pollen season this year.

Tomorrow, we'll see what happens. We should have the little ones while Jonathan has school. Not sure if we're having school since dad is on Spring Break. Jim wants to come and finish the storm door, and the trim around the bottom of the sliding glass door.
The guy from the dealership is supposed to call in the morning. The radio on the Vibe hasn't worked since we got it back. So that's got to be taken care of, a trip to the lawyer to sign the paperwork, and finishing up Chris's quilt are all on the agenda for this week. And laundry, how could I ever forget the laundry!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day and the nasty weather systems break and start to share some of this nice spring like weather we're having.

Prayers for those in need, for healing, peace, comfort, and strength. Prayers of thanksgiving for our many blessings.

Mimi_Howard
March 4th, 2018, 03:31 PM
This is one thing I am changing on my house. It has one of those kind of locks that you can open from inside and the outside is still locked... and when grandson was toddler he closed the door as the nanny went to take out trash, locked her out. She panicked and I got called. All ended well... so we made sure to put an extra key on a lanyard which she kept around her neck and I also did a hide-a-key in back yard. My adult son locked himself out many times. I have a deadbolt that no-one has a key to anymore, so good time to change em both to a single key and get kind of lock that I want.

Carolnnc
March 4th, 2018, 04:41 PM
Hi! I spent the night last night couch surfing at my friends house. We went out to a concert and I forgot to throw my house key in my purse. No problem, I have a garage door key pad to let me in. So at 11 pm last night, I discovered the keypad no longer worked! Yikes! We went up to Walgreens for new batteries and some sort of tool to take out the screw that was holding the battery cover. The only tool they had was not working. So she took me to her house and I slept on her couch. This morning, her DIL, Ms. Fix it, helped me get to the battery and we found the batteries I had bought the night before were no good. Back to Walgreens for some fresher batteries, they didn't work either. So I was pounding the keypad number in over and over again, and finally it worked! Must get that thing checked out and keep the key in my purse! What an adventure! Hope today goes smoother than last night!

I locked myself out so many times that my neighbor came up with a plan. My house key is on a nail that's under the top step of his deck. He goes out of town a lot on business & I watch his house so we put his key on a nail under our deck. The neighbors across the street put a house key under the flower pot on my porch. A burglar would go nuts trying to get into our homes:)

grammaterry
March 4th, 2018, 06:04 PM
We don't have any locks or keys to our house. We do have a gate on the driveway about 1/2 mile from the house that we lock when we are going to be away after dark. Now, at the restaurant/motel we put those digital lock keypads on some of the doors. Those are really handy unless the batteries go dead (about every 2 years) but they will open with a key.
Good to have neighbors that you can trust with your keys though.
On a side note...I have a little clip on the ring of my purse that I clip my car keys to when I go shopping. THen they are always readily available when I get to the car. I also keep at least 20$ in the console of my vehicle in case I lose my purse and I have a spare key to the vehicle on a wire attached to the spare tire that is on the outside of my vehicle ( its a truck) in case I lock my keys in the truck.
Now, if I could figure out how to carry around my cell phone and not sit it down in the store when I reach for something on a high shelf and forget to retrieve the phone until I am long gone from that store.

Mimi_Howard
March 4th, 2018, 08:04 PM
I locked myself out so many times that my neighbor came up with a plan. My house key is on a nail that's under the top step of his deck. He goes out of town a lot on business & I watch his house so we put his key on a nail under our deck. The neighbors across the street put a house key under the flower pot on my porch. A burglar would go nuts trying to get into our homes:)

Add in a few more items here and there and you got yourself a neighborhood scavenger hunt!

LauraP
March 4th, 2018, 11:55 PM
When we lived in the country and the kids were school age, we hung the spare key on the collies collar. Anyone in the family could get to it but no one else. When we moved to town and my youngest was a teenager, I think our house key was left all over town. It got ridiculous so I put a touchpad lock on and threatened her life if she gave anyone the code. It worked so good that my new husband and I still have one.