PDA

View Full Version : Happy Winds Day!

Blondie
March 2nd, 2018, 09:10 AM

Hello Folksies!

You know you have been with little ones for a good bit of time when you can recite the dialog and sing the songs to every Disney, Baby Praise or any kid dvd in general. So, as I was lying in bed this morning, I began to sing the blustery day song in my head. Then when I was pouring my first cuppa, Luscious, my very own personal Eeyore began to moan about hearing trees snap in the woods and he would have to get his chain saw out and etc in case we were blown off the page . . . Have you ever thought of your family in terms of Disney characters? Of course, I realize that the characteristics could change daily - sort of like 3 Faces of Eve - however! Think about it. We all know and love Eeyore. My little gray donkey. That is why I married Luscious! His traits are endearing. He is faithful, loyal and yes, let's face it, everyone needs a little gray donkey to remind them that not everyone is a Tigger.

I am NOT a Tigger. I am not a Piglet. I am actually from another Disney movie. When I was small my favorite uncle would call me Blondie and then as I grew older, Pollyanna. These last 20 years my children have taken to calling me Mary Poppins. I am not magical. I do have a huge bag (full of fabric and projects) that goes with me everywhere. It is amazing the things I find in it. I am also like Mary Poppins because I do believe in feeding the birds. In my opinion, Life is far too short and goes far too quickly to ignore the simple things in life.

The sun is up, my first Friday client, Harry will be across the road soon enough. My client list has dwindled somewhat, dear friends. I still have my precious Ms Martin, who at 102 years old still comes each week. Her DD drives her along with another lifelong friend, Ms Moffat, who is 93. Friday is always a special day of the week now. Not in the general TGIF meaning, but, as in Thank Goodness I have Friends.

Let's all have a wonderful day and hope that we don't end up like piglet or eeyore in the blustery day episode. Happy Winds Day!!!!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Uq8E8Aoc6k

Star lover
March 2nd, 2018, 09:15 AM
How fun! Really enjoyed your story and the video! Thank you!
Question? You mention clients....what do you do?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend......and don't blow away.......

Ginny B
March 2nd, 2018, 09:22 AM
Ha Blondie, I have never thought of my family in those terms but I think I will now. Should be fun. I love Eeyore. I just want to hug hi all the time. I do know some Tiggers too. They can make me tired.

KPH
March 2nd, 2018, 09:34 AM
Awwwwwwwww, Blondie, I've missed you and your insights!

Lovely way to start the day!

Monique
March 2nd, 2018, 09:38 AM
Friends I am handing the reins back to Blondie for our daily starts to each day. I was just filling in until her return. And now she is back.

Star lover
March 2nd, 2018, 09:56 AM
Friends I am handing the reins back to Blondie for our daily starts to each day. I was just filling in until her return. And now she is back.

Monique, it was really sweet of you to do that....I never knew since I'm a newbie. But I'm sure gonna miss you.....sob!
I'm also looking forward to Blondie starts to the day too!

JCY
March 2nd, 2018, 10:09 AM
Windy - windy! That's what they're getting on the east coast. Just read an e-m from my son who lives in MD. They have trees at the back of their property, too, Blondie. They live on 3/4 acre. The ground already is saturated from recent rains, so some of his trees could come down, too. When he got up, he discovered the fed. govt. is shut down today, so he'll be teleworking from home -- if the power stays on. At least he won't have his usual commute into D.C.

We're supposed to have sunshine & mid-60's here, & maybe close to 70 tomorrow. But...it's springtime in the Rockies, so the weather can change at any time. March & April usually are our snowiest months.

I sewed together 2 more Buckeye Beauty blocks yest. -- one of which was a sample of the various fabrics & will be my practice sandwich. I have several blocks laid out on the floor (my design wall), so I'll keep going with this project. I took the Wildlife Rail Fence quilt to my LQS for show & tell. She takes pics & posts them on their fb page. I also bought 4 yds. of fabric for backing. Guild members get a 10% discount if they show their membership card. I bought another bobbin saver -- one of those rubber rings. I now have 7 of those! Two for the LA & the rest for the DSM. I have them organized by thread wt.

Blondie, it was so nice to start the day with your post. Glad you're back. Well, no more time now.

Blondie
March 2nd, 2018, 10:10 AM
[FONT=Times New Roman][SIZE=4][COLOR="#4B0082"]
How fun! Really enjoyed your story and the video! Thank you!
Question? You mention clients....what do you do?

Hope you have a wonderful weekend......and don't blow away.......

Waiting, waiting, waiting to be able to get across the street where I have a very small in-home beauty salon. Several years ago I converted a sunroom in a family rental into a shop. My middle son and family now live in the other part of the house.
BUT today! that blustery day has downed a huge tree that is blocking the road - I can't get there and no one can get in. I have been busily calling my little old ladies. And gents. Sigh!
The good thing about this? (I can always find something good. Well, generally, mostly, sort of) I can watch some free Craftsy. The Sheriff who is stopping traffic ( he gets to see first hand how fast these cars fly up and around this curvy hill) is an old friend and he promised he would come up to the house and give me the heads up. He better! He has my 3rd favorite coffee cup in his hand!

Sandy Navas
March 2nd, 2018, 10:53 AM

Be sure they leave that tree cut up into firewood!!

LauraP
March 2nd, 2018, 11:28 AM
I still remember the words and tune for "I'm just a little black rain cloud". And my children are close to or in their 40's. Catchy little things aren't they? The songs not the kids!

Judy, USMC
March 2nd, 2018, 12:24 PM
Blondie - winds blowing here on the coast too. Not too many leaves since they're just blooming now ... but those loblolly limbs and pine needles are starting to waft in the "breeze." Looks like further north things are due to get worse ~ hope all stay home so they don't get blown off the roads.

sew-what2015
March 2nd, 2018, 03:38 PM
I've missed your stories. Glad you're back. I always read the stories even when I was lurking here.
I saw you post to someone else's thread and was going to welcome you back, but didn't want to hijack the thread.