PDA

View Full Version : Friday you have arrived!!

Monique
March 2nd, 2018, 08:28 AM

Good morning everyone. YES it's Friday. Guess what? IT'S DONE!! Really it is, labeled and all, the MEMORY QUILT. I called and left a message with the owners of this one but I haven't heard back from them yet so they can come pick it up. Finished is better than perfect right? So glad to have that done. Now I can work on what I want to do.

FREE All you can watch weekend ladies. It's true. Right here and some patterns are free too.
https://landing.craftsy.com/aycwob/?redirect=true

I had a little visit with Bonnie yesterday and told her you were all praying for her. She thanks each and every one of you for that. You all are the best!!

So hubby wants to do something today. He has something in mind told me to think of something too. Don't know what I want to do besides quilt/sew!!

I do have to work all week next week. I have a baby quilt to finish as I heard the baby was born early. It's almost done. I expect I will take one of my featherweights with me and work on some unfinished itty bitty blocks I was working on before.

Have a wonderful day and weekend friends.

Star lover
March 2nd, 2018, 08:36 AM
Good morning Monique and all followers.....

So very happy for you Monique that the memory quilt is done. As much as we like to help out, it's nice to finish and get on to other projects! Hope you adventure today is as fun as Les is painting it!

Well it snowed.....well I'm not sure it snowed.....it was more like it slushed. Huge globs of slush came down. So very weird....it was like someone throwing slushies at ya. Well it took a couple hours but I got up all that slush up.......then the snow started......not sure what we got. The snow sunk into the slush....what a mess. Power out all over, were good! So thankful for power.....heat!

But boy am I sore....didn't sleep much. Hoping that all I do today is sit and sew.....I may be dreaming......but that's the hope.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day and even better weekend. Love and hugs to all!

Ginny B
March 2nd, 2018, 09:09 AM
Good morning and happy Friday. It's a rainy day here today. Rained really hard starting last night. I fell asleep to the sound of the rain on the roof. It's going to be a very wet, windy day here. Maybe even a bit of snow later in the day.

Monique, glad the memory quilt is finished. It feels so good to complete something and then get started on our next project. Anita, I hope your dream comes true of just sitting and sewing today. Sure sounds good to me.

It was a busy day at work yesterday. The morning was spent working on a few Excel projects. They went well and I was happy to get some things completed. Felt good. Today my goal is to catch up a bit more, hopefully get some filing done and organize the piles on my desk (maybe even make a couple of them go away).

Have a good Friday everyone. Be careful if you are out and about in the snow/ slush/ rain and wind and flooding.

Blondie
March 2nd, 2018, 09:13 AM
Good Morning, Monique. I am thrilled to see that craftsy is having a free weekend. I need to take time after work and peruse.

Running late this morning. The wind blowing all night long keep me mostly awake. Wow, is it blowing! Fingers crossed no trees go down. Now to get dressed and off to work. Hugs. Still keeping Bonnie in my heart and prayers.

Smiles and blessings

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 2nd, 2018, 10:05 AM
Good morning.
I think my days of sleeping in past 7am are over.
DH was trying to get up to use the washroom. Major pain to get him out of the bed. Rolled his sewing chair over so he could get to the washroom. He is off the charts in pain in the morning.

Good news, sorry if I repeat myself, is that spending time in ER yesterday, they identified that his leg and hip pain is caused by spinal stenosis and he has arthritis in his spine. That is news to him. They ruled out fractures to hip or knee. We are seeing his doctor this morning, as the ER doc recommended he get an MRI asap. I may go to medical supply place and rent a knee scooter so he can get around more easily. The timing is not great as he has to go into work today, he was scheduled to complete paperwork to have a medical for the company's life insurance policies. This could be challenging.

Thank God we bought this house together. When I saw it, I thought if we end up with walkers, we can easily roll, as the floors are mostly ceramic and hardwood, no carpets. Our bedroom is on main floor, others are upstairs and downstairs. We have two full bathrooms on main floor, our master has soaker tub, but in the powder room, there is a walk-in shower. It is designed for aging persons.

Good news, the painters are done with the family room. It is so much brighter, and I will have to get used to it. It is a soft gray. The previous colours were deep wine red and dark golden. Yup, out with the dungeon colours. It's a fresh start, but I will have to get help maybe next week to move the furniture back in there, and reconnecting TV, etc. no rush as DH can't get down the stairs. I also had them give me an estimate to paint the loft bathroom. I have not been able to get it done, so I'm going to hire. That's my new resolution.

Hope everyone has fun sewing today,and hope that I can get to my happy place, even if briefly. It relieves my stress levels.
I would love to see your finished quilt, Monique.

Now to get the day going.

KPH
March 2nd, 2018, 10:14 AM
Good Morning All,

Home school went well yesterday after the drama. J found out one thing, that he doesn't make the call that homeschool is cancelled. Man! What a pain. Come to find out, his Dad was home sick, J fell on his knees on the concrete out of the van at their house, and it was just a snarky morning for him. So, Nana, Nandy, Mom, Mike and I were all united but it still took 45 minutes before he finally ran happily to get in the car. Then when we got here, he wanted snack. I told him flat out, sorry, you took so long getting here for school he'd missed snack time and it wasn't anybody's fault but his own. So we read his book about Ella Fitzgerald and Uncle Mike found some of her music on the computer that we listened to while he filled in the worksheets and then ate a small snack! He really did work hard. We reviewed the parts of a flower that we started last week. One of my African Violets needed to be split. Mike and I'd bought two violet pots earlier. So we saw all the roots, and where the baby crowns were, and gently separated them and planted them. He saw where the larger of the two little crowns was already growing a new baby. We'll see if that one takes off since it was on the plant he took for Nana. (Perfect time for him to have little gifts to take home for Mom and Nana!)

After school, Mike and I didn't want to go home. I took the pension check to the bank and he transferred some money for his truck insurance. We left there and went to Kohl's. I've been needing a pocket book since before Thanksgiving. One thing for sure, I don't change pocket books like my mom did (for every change of shoes). Apparently, they were having a buy one get one half price. At the check out the girl was like, do you want to go get another one? Nope, I'll carry this one until it falls apart then I'll get around to getting a new one.

Once we left Kohl's we headed for the beach. It was beautiful! It was something I needed, but dreaded because it was something Howard and I would do at the drop of a hat. After a long, long walk to the beach (it was low tide), I suddenly remembered we better take note of where we came down as our 'this is where we go back to the car' person won't with us anymore. Mike and I walked along the water front. Waves were hitting too close to shore to do any surfing. Someone had pots out for crabbing we saw the floats out in the surf. Didn't see any ships heading in this trip. It certainly was different from the scene after Irma. It looked like someone put the whole box of detergent in the washer and it over flowed suds all over the place. Yesterday was just right! I needed to feel the sand between my toes again.

We went to Neptune Beach, and stopped by the photographer's shop that did the last family pictures. I'm having them make me a 5x7 they did of Howard and me to put on the family wall. It will go with the rest of the picture better than the Christmas photo that we have up there.

Mike and I had dinner out at the Beach Seafood Market then home. A package from M* was on the front porch waiting for me! I'll be excited to start on Chris's throw.

Mike goes to work tonight. So I'll have some peaceful time in my sewing room tonight.

Prayers for those in need for- healing, peace, comfort and strength to face our daily challenges. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings including the friendships we've all found here.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 2nd, 2018, 10:35 AM
Good Morning All,

Home school went well yesterday after the drama. J found out one thing, that he doesn't make the call that homeschool is cancelled. Man! What a pain. Come to find out, his Dad was home sick, J fell on his knees on the concrete out of the van at their house, and it was just a snarky morning for him. So, Nana, Nandy, Mom, Mike and I were all united but it still took 45 minutes before he finally ran happily to get in the car. Then when we got here, he wanted snack. I told him flat out, sorry, you took so long getting here for school he'd missed snack time and it wasn't anybody's fault but his own. So we read his book about Ella Fitzgerald and Uncle Mike found some of her music on the computer that we listened to while he filled in the worksheets and then ate a small snack! He really did work hard. We reviewed the parts of a flower that we started last week. One of my African Violets needed to be split. Mike and I'd bought two violet pots earlier. So we saw all the roots, and where the baby crowns were, and gently separated them and planted them. He saw where the larger of the two little crowns was already growing a new baby. We'll see if that one takes off since it was on the plant he took for Nana. (Perfect time for him to have little gifts to take home for Mom and Nana!)

After school, Mike and I didn't want to go home. I took the pension check to the bank and he transferred some money for his truck insurance. We left there and went to Kohl's. I've been needing a pocket book since before Thanksgiving. One thing for sure, I don't change pocket books like my mom did (for every change of shoes). Apparently, they were having a buy one get one half price. At the check out the girl was like, do you want to go get another one? Nope, I'll carry this one until it falls apart then I'll get around to getting a new one.

Once we left Kohl's we headed for the beach. It was beautiful! It was something I needed, but dreaded because it was something Howard and I would do at the drop of a hat. After a long, long walk to the beach (it was low tide), I suddenly remembered we better take note of where we came down as our 'this is where we go back to the car' person won't with us anymore. Mike and I walked along the water front. Waves were hitting too close to shore to do any surfing. Someone had pots out for crabbing we saw the floats out in the surf. Didn't see any ships heading in this trip. It certainly was different from the scene after Irma. It looked like someone put the whole box of detergent in the washer and it over flowed suds all over the place. Yesterday was just right! I needed to feel the sand between my toes again.

We went to Neptune Beach, and stopped by the photographer's shop that did the last family pictures. I'm having them make me a 5x7 they did of Howard and me to put on the family wall. It will go with the rest of the picture better than the Christmas photo that we have up there.

Mike and I had dinner out at the Beach Seafood Market then home. A package from M* was on the front porch waiting for me! I'll be excited to start on Chris's throw.

Mike goes to work tonight. So I'll have some peaceful time in my sewing room tonight.

Prayers for those in need for- healing, peace, comfort and strength to face our daily challenges. Prayers of thanksgiving for all of our many blessings including the friendships we've all found here.

Oh Katrina, that sounds like a glorious day at the beach. We have an area in Ontario called Sandbanks Provincial Park, it is a unique place in the world with sand dunes on fresh water shores and my very happy place. Unfortunately, it is a 3 hour drive from here. We rent a cottage and go there often from spring to fall. It's also a wine region which makes it doubly perfect. I would move there in a flash if it were not for taking care of my mom, and being near grandkids. We all make choices I guess.

I commend you and always impressed with your homeschooling. You are very giving person, and I wish you all the best.

JCY
March 2nd, 2018, 03:48 PM
Katrina, I used to live on the Oregon coast & loved to walk on the beach at low tide. Sometimes we even drove the car out on the beach & collected driftwood for the fireplace. We mostly heated our little rental house with the fireplace, which had heat-o-later vents. We used to dig for clams. I still use that clam shovel for gardening. When I moved inland, after my 1st husb. died, I really missed the sound of the ocean. However, I don't miss all the rain & cloudy weather. I love Colo. We've been here 40 yrs. & love the sunny days & the view of the Rocky Mts.

auntstuff
March 2nd, 2018, 04:26 PM
Katrina, I used to live on the Oregon coast & loved to walk on the beach at low tide. Sometimes we even drove the car out on the beach & collected driftwood for the fireplace. We mostly heated our little rental house with the fireplace, which had heat-o-later vents. We used to dig for clams. I still use that clam shovel for gardening. When I moved inland, after my 1st husb. died, I really missed the sound of the ocean. However, I don't miss all the rain & cloudy weather. I love Colo. We've been here 40 yrs. & love the sunny days & the view of the Rocky Mts.

I was born in Oregon, as were my 2 next-oldest sibs. I used to love playing on Agate beach, which was my mother's favorite place. I still have a handfull of agates from there.