PDA

View Full Version : day 3 of the flu... I am so miserable...

Mimi_Howard
March 2nd, 2018, 12:00 AM
Can't shake the chills, gotta be careful of congestion too. Not a spring chicken here and I do have a daily enhaler and also a rescue enhaler I carry. COPD and flu are not good friends. I swear I slosh when I walk and burning a trail in the carpet going back n forth to the bathroom so much. Here's hoping tonight I break the chills part! And I did get a flu shot too. And to top it off, I have no fashion sense, watching project runway allstars... and we (me and the judges) definitley disagree on what is fashionable.

DeniseSm
March 2nd, 2018, 12:06 AM
The flu is especially deadly this year. Don't hesitate to see a doctor. Is someone caring for you?

bakermom
March 2nd, 2018, 12:20 AM
Ah, yeah I had the flu last week. For once I was actually able to stay in bed and drink lots of fluids like you're supposed to. By Friday felt pretty good then went down hill over the weekend. Went to DR., pneumonia. Didn't get sent to hospital but feel worse than I did last week.

Cokie
March 2nd, 2018, 01:02 AM
Take care of yourself! The sicknesses going around this year are terrible. Rest, drink plenty of fluids, and go to the doctor! I hope you feel better soon. I had it in January and thought I'd never get over it.

KarenC
March 2nd, 2018, 01:52 AM
Hoping you feel better real soon. Does not sound like fun.

Simply Quilting
March 2nd, 2018, 03:50 AM
I hope you feel better soon.

Monique
March 2nd, 2018, 08:07 AM
Aw feel better soon.

Star lover
March 2nd, 2018, 08:08 AM
Mimi and bakermom, sure hope both of you feel better soon. And anyone else too! It's a bad year for the flu and pneumonia. They have warnings here on TV and radio all the time. We don't go out much. Church, groceries (which we haven't gotten in 2 weeks) and to shovel......stay safe and warm....

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 2nd, 2018, 10:24 AM
Oh I hate to hear that. The flu is particular bad this year, and more challenging for those that are not spring chickens.

I URGE you to get to your doctor or hospital. There are anti-flu symptom meds they can give and they can follow you more closely because of the COPD. Flu was. Ot widespread this side of the river but the other side which is another province, it was quite widespread. I don't want to scare you, but a young woman, 39, died this week from the flu complications. She had been to the ER several times and was dismissed that it would pass. Her last visit, she was moved to our side of the river as they couldn't treat her, and she passed. She left 2 young children and had the flu shot. Unfortunately this flu is really bad and the vaccine is no protection this year. The flu is now becoming more widespread on our region, so I try to avoid crowds as much as possible.

The flu has been sporadic in my mom's nursing home, but they are quick to isolate and send to hospital the very sick ones. So far she has been spared, but I worry I can catch it when I visit.

Bubby
March 2nd, 2018, 10:30 AM
I had a severe case of the flu plus pneumonia and I know it's no fun for you. I don't know how old you are but you should probably get in to see a doctor. I did all the right things and ended up in the hospital plus 3 trips to the ER and about 4 trips to see the doctor. Be sure to drink LOTS of fluids, keep your inhaler handy and keep an eye on the fever and get to the doctor if it doesn't break soon. My prayers are with you....hugs, too.

201 Treadler
March 2nd, 2018, 06:58 PM
Hi
so sorry to hear your ill with flu over in USA
fashion ha, struggling with cold temps lately, so have leggings under fleece pj bottoms, 2 sets socks, a t shirt, fleece hooded jumper and body warmer, a purple fleecy blanket with arms with a green buff on head lol, and am in a room with a woodburner and room door closed.
sorry for the picture just put in mind,
Am lucky to say not had the flu, but do eat a lot of onions, after hearing good for the hay fever season.
try to keep your room temps level, found yesterday a huge difference in temperature caused an unexpected issue.

Joanne Mae
March 2nd, 2018, 07:15 PM
Hello Folks,
So sorry to hear that so many are affected by the flu this year---even our dogs! I have had an ongoing virus for nearly 4 weeks. Good news: It is NOT the flu. Bad news: It reappears frequently. Take home message: There are other microbes out there just waiting to attach themselves to your cells and use your own DNA to replicate. Sorry to paint such a gruesome picture, but do be careful. Frequent handwashing, frequent ingestion of fluids, rest, and avoiding all but essential crowds can help to downplay infection. Good luck, everyone!

LindaKay75
March 2nd, 2018, 08:56 PM
Oh my goodness. I sure hope you get better soon, if not, please see your doctor or even go to ER. Better safe than sorry. So many have come down with this stuff. It's scary! Yes, drink lots of fluids. I send prayers your way.