PDA

View Full Version : Snow surprise

201 Treadler
March 1st, 2018, 07:06 PM
we have a lot of snow in the UK, we don't normally get much in depth, but its come from up north.
its cold out and windy with the odd flutter storm,
just shone an led light out of window and seen a beautiful array of sparkling snow flakes carpeting the ground,
not seen that amount of sparkle before with an ordinary torch.
amazing
:D

Blondie
March 1st, 2018, 07:15 PM
Hello! We normally get a few snows a winter where I live in North Carolina. True to form, we've had 2 good size snows this year. Hoping that we see NO more. I am usually ready for winter to be done by the day after Christmas. Certainly not looking forward to that 4 letter word again until next year. However . . . we've been having some blackberry winter and that is never a good sign. Let's just say, you can enjoy the beauty of your snow and I will enjoy it right along with you. Smiles!

Sandy Navas
March 1st, 2018, 07:22 PM
Who is making the blackberry wine?

jjkaiser
March 1st, 2018, 07:24 PM
What is a blackberry winter??? Never heard of that but I do love blackberries esp jam

201 Treadler
March 1st, 2018, 07:29 PM
hi :icon_wave:
lol
:D

Blondie
March 1st, 2018, 07:31 PM
ROFLMBBO !! Maybe it is a colloquial term. Blackberry winter is when before the seasons change and you get some unseasonably warm weather - warm enough to make the wild blackberries bloom or at least green up. Lots of that action around here lately. And Sandy! I've made elderberry wine with my granny before - never was able to keep from eating the blackberries to make up anything except a small cobbler.

MaryUK
March 1st, 2018, 07:42 PM
We have 6" of snow and a bitter easterly wind and the temperature is around -4C but feels much colder!! The snow when it was falling on Monday was pretty but after the 3rd consecutive day it has lost beauty!!

Really want to make beef casseroles and stews but don't have a kitchen at the moment (it's being refurbished) so bought a large bar of chocolate instead!!

chelea
March 1st, 2018, 07:43 PM
Sort of the opposite of what we call indian summer here in new england...unseasonably warm weather after a frost in autumn.

LLLinda
March 1st, 2018, 08:38 PM
Same here in Mo. Chelsea.

nativetexan
March 1st, 2018, 09:05 PM
I have a friend in UK who lives in the West Midlands and is getting snow a lot. very cold up where she is. near a Forest or wooded area too. her cat loves that.

KPH
March 1st, 2018, 10:58 PM
You all enjoy the snow, I'll stick to walking on the beach with the warm breezes blowing.

Star lover
March 2nd, 2018, 07:36 AM
You all enjoy the snow, I'll stick to walking on the beach with the warm breezes blowing.

Wish i could....walk on a beach.....we got the wettest heaviest snow I've ever had the displeasure of shoveling! Can't tell how much we got. But whew! Hoping March moves onward to the lamb part soon!

LauraP
March 2nd, 2018, 11:58 AM
Chocolate is such a nice compensation for life's little disappointments, isn't it? I hope your kitchen turns out as awesome as mine did. Sure makes a difference.

dwil23
March 3rd, 2018, 07:02 AM
Our azaleas are in full bloom now - much too early. They usually don't bloom until late March - around Easter. The Fla State Fair is notorious for having rainy cold weather and it was beautiful every day this year.

We are enjoying cooler weather starting this morning - supposed to drop to 46, and stay low until the end of next week - YAY!!! I am doubly glad because my sister will be here from California and I really can't take anymore of her complaining about the heat. Makes it more miserable than the heat itself.