PDA

View Full Version : Thursday hellos

Monique
March 1st, 2018, 08:40 AM

Good morning friends. In like a lamb, out like a lion.

I had a good visit with my brother yesterday. He brought me the foot pedal adapter. He had made me a pepper mill but it hasn't been working just right so he took it back home with. I think I will get a new one. We looked over the row by rows and I am only 5 rows behind. So now I know exactly which ones he wants. I did NOT get any of the quilt done but TODAY is the day.

Our hearts are heavy this morning, especially Les'. There was a horrific accident yesterday, a minivan and a log truck collided. The driver of the minivan was killed and the driver of the truck hurt. The extent of his injuries are not known. The driver of the minivan is a well known member of the community. His family owned the flower shop in town. Being in a small community where everyone knows everyone, this will hit hard for a lot of people. Charlie was 60, far too young to die. Les is having a really hard time with this.

Bonnie had her colonoscopy yesterday and her news wasn't good. They found a tumour somewhere under her ribs (I think she said). They have taken a biopsy and hopefully she will have more information then. Either way, I guess, it has to come out. When I spoke with her yesterday, she seemed in good spirits, where I was speechless. So our plans for our trip is up in the air for now I guess. I ask my friends to say a prayer for her.

My appointment for today was cancelled until March 22. So today I WILL finish that quilt.

Have a good day my friends.

Star lover
March 1st, 2018, 08:50 AM
Morning everyone!

On Monique, how tragic for you and the community. I agree, 60, is far too young. I will pray. Hugs to you all.
Your plans to quilt will bring peace and comfort to you.

Happy you have the food adapter and a great visit with your brother. I will also pray for your friend Bonnie.

Yes, in like a lion here....we're to get 3"-7" of snow......sigh......I can only hope the weather folks have done their usual.....be wrong!.....we'll, wrong in a good way! On the really bright side....out like a lamb....ooooo, soooo looking forward to it!

Didn't get into my sewing yesterday....we'll sort of. I decided to go through all the quilts I still have in my procession. Found 4 that didn't have labels. So made some up and got them on their quilts. Never heard of labeling till I came on here, so figured it was something that needed to be done, before they sailed away.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Love and hugs to all......:icon_hug:

Bubby
March 1st, 2018, 08:50 AM
Good Morning. I'm so sorry to hear about Bonnie's test. Hopdefully it's something that can be successfully treated. I'm praying for Bonnie and for everyone connected to that awful accident. We have a lot of log trucks around here and they're nothing to tangle with.

I had a dental appointment yesterday. I thought I was getting a cavity but it was a fractured tooth the dentist was able to patch up. Other than getting a lecture for not coming in sooner I had no cavities and got a good report. I won't wait this long between visits next time.

Isn't it great hearing from our Blondie today!!!! I miss that Girl so much.

It's drizzly and windy this morning. I plan to stay home and stay indoors and play today other than doing a couple loads of laundry. There's always laundry to be done, isn't there?

Hugs all around.....

Blondie
March 1st, 2018, 08:59 AM
G'morning again, Monique. So sorry to read about the loss of dear Charlie and the news concerning Bonnie! You know you will have my prayers with you. Sending you an email today. Hugs -

Ginny B
March 1st, 2018, 09:05 AM
Good morning all. Monique, so sorry to hear about Bonnie's results and also the accident. I'll keep both families in my prayers.

We are looking at getting some nasty weather over the next couple days. Wind, rain, some snow and coastal flooding. Hi there March.

I am so proud of myself. I changed the belt on my Featherweight last night. I knew it had to be done so I went online and found out how to do it and then I did. I was nervous about doing it in case I messed it up but it is pretty simple and voila, it was done. Hubster was impressed. I have been getting a lot of squares back for the signature quilt we are making for the 'asst. director leaving next week. It will a be a busy weekend putting it together. I also have a lot of other things on the "need to do" list and a bunch on the "want to do" list too.

Have a good day everyone.

KPH
March 1st, 2018, 09:30 AM
Good Morning All,

Monique, I'm so sorry about your friend, Bonnie. I will add her to my prayer list. We lived in a small community for years, I know what you mean about the loss of one and the impact on the community. It's so sad.

Anita, you've got the lion, I think we're having the lamb. We'll see what the rest of the month has to hold for us.

Ginny, making a quilt that you have to depend on people to get you the pieces in a timely manner is so stressful. I remember making the quilt for Sherry. What a chore it was and oh the excuses for not getting it done.

Home school here today. Chris's fabric didn't make it in the mail yesterday. It's probably a good thing since there are things to take care of today. It should be here tonight with the mail.

Barb, I'm glad your cavity wasn't as bad as you anticipated. I dread going to a new dentist, which doesn't really make a whole lot of sense because my last dentist office had so many dentists. I only remember seeing one more than once.

MRoy
March 1st, 2018, 09:46 AM
Good morning! Monique, I'm sorry about Bonnie and about the loss of friend in the accident. I also live in a small community where everyone knows everyone and many are related. It hits hard when something bad happens. It's a rainy March 1 in Kentucky and it's supposed to turn colder tonight. The daffodils and forsythias are blooming...early for my area. The grass is green and you can almost hear it growing...it's coming on that fast.
Today is a work day for me, then I've got my 4 day weekend. I'm hoping to put the border on a donation quilt and get it on the frame to be quilted this weekend. I'm still trying to get my sewing mojo back. Welcome to March everyone!

grammaterry
March 1st, 2018, 10:46 AM
Sorry to hear about the tragic accident. Death is always a mourning event. Last night I got the news that my long time accountant died a few days ago and of course, that means my taxes are not being prepared. They made me an appointment for March 11 and of course, corp. taxes are due on March 15. My lady always just did them from the numbers I gave her in January and now with the sale of the property which we discussed then, I am up in the air. A little frustrated and I should be praying for her and not worrying about my own petty life.
Today I am getting my waist length hair cut off. I used to go to this fabulous man (10 yrs ago) and it would take 4 months to get an appointment. I called two days ago and voila, they had a cancellation...so no time to rethink this.
YEsterday DH and I ran errands in town and had lunch. Since its raining it was a good thing to do. Its raining again today so I will run my errands after the hair cut.
Have a great beginning of March.

JCY
March 1st, 2018, 12:08 PM
Good Morning, All ~ I have a few min. while the eggs are boiling. The beans are on to soak & I'll get them cooking in a few min. I do the short method: bring them to a boil & cook for 7 min., cover, then let them set an hour, then cook them 2 hrs. Two lb. of beans makes 7 freezer containers (1.5 pt. size).

The sun is shining. It was 26 deg. & frost this a.m. Our weather was out like a lamb & in like a lamb. It was 58 yest. We might see 60's at the end of the week.

Yest. I watched Donna Jordan's tutorial on using up scraps from the link that Annika posted. I would love to teleport myself to Grant's Pass, OR to visit their quilt store. Their addition has given them so much more space. I have one of her patterns, the Cutting Corners (dif. from Jenny's), made; it's been waiting for several weeks to be quilted. Maybe I'll sandwich & quilt that one next. I'm still making Buckeye Beauty blocks for a lap quilt. They're easy to make. After running my errands this a.m., I hope to spend the afternoon sewing.

Simply Quilting
March 1st, 2018, 12:40 PM
Good Morning. The in like a lamb and out like a lion or vice versa means that either my Mom or I get a nice birthday. Her is March 31 and mine is March 1. So it looks like I will get the nice weather for my birthday this year as we have sunshine. Dh is fixing me a really nice lunch and I am hoping to get some fabric cut today.

Tomorrow the children and I are planning on road tripping to pick up my sewing machine that has been in the shop. Then off to Hamilton for a bit. We will be going to my folks for supper. Mom is fixing me one of my favorite meals - her homemade pizza and cheesecake.

Have a wonderful day everyone :)

SuzanneOrleansOntario
March 1st, 2018, 04:59 PM
Good morning Monique and all the morning quilting ladies.
So sorry for the tragic accident. It is way too young to die. Dying is never a good thing, but life sometimes just begins at 60.

I was up and out the door at 5:30 am with Michael to the emergency. He got up and the pain in his leg was terrifying to watch. He almost passed out when he tried to get to the washroom. So off we went, brushed my teeth, no makeup ( you should know I always wear makeup)', no shower (never) but this was serious. Luckily the emerg was empty and we were whisked to a room and info taken. But then hospital shift change, but not a long wait and we were off for X-rays of leg, hip and back. Good news the pain In his leg is not from a knee or hip fracture, but he did have back injury (spine stenosis) to a probably pre-existing condition, and as the doc politely said, not uncommon for someone his age.

Doctor did prescribe a narcotic he can tolerate, and a referral back to his doctor to get an MRI done. He has been in pain since he fell, twice, in past week, and of course, was not as bad on Monday when he saw his own doctor.

I am exhausted as I have been doing all the chores around here for the past week and being nurse-maid. I don't mind this, but there seems to be a lot going on lately. It's sunny and the snow is melting, but I know we are not done with winter here. I am hoping any snow we get is minimal, as I can't remember how to use he snowblower so I would probably just scoop it.

I had to give the painter doing our family room a code to get in. I am hoping that it is all done by tomorrow. It is looking so much brighter down there. Of course, a lot of the furniture was relocated to my sewing rooms, so I am not comfortable going there. The smell and noise is not conducive to my creativity. Good news is that I had a package from MSQC. Doing the happy dance. Delivery times have improved. One item is still on back order but not in a rush for it.

Star lover
March 1st, 2018, 05:23 PM
Oh Suzanne, so much to going through....whew! I'll add you and your husband to my prayers. Love and hugs across the miles.

Jean Sewing Machine
March 1st, 2018, 05:29 PM
[QUOTE=Simply Quilting;1011714]Good Morning. The in like a lamb and out like a lion or vice versa means that either my Mom or I get a nice birthday. Her is March 31 and mine is March 1. So it looks like I will get the nice weather for my birthday this year as we have sunshine. Dh is fixing me a really nice lunch and I am hoping to get some fabric cut today.

Tomorrow the children and I are planning on road tripping to pick up my sewing machine that has been in the shop. Then off to Hamilton for a bit. We will be going to my folks for supper. Mom is fixing me one of my favorite meals - her homemade pizza and cheesecake.

Have a wonderful day everyone
Happy birthday, Charyti!