PDA

View Full Version : I have a little white car in my drive way!

KPH
February 27th, 2018, 07:21 PM
The Vibe has finally come home, not without more drama. The 'service guy' was supposed have the shuttle driver here at 10. At 10:30 he still hadn't shown up. Michael called, and told the receptionist that he didn't want to talk to John. Come to find out, John hadn't even told the driver to come pick us up at all. Sigh.

Well, we waited around and talked to the Service Department Manager. I handed him the evaluation card and I'd told him he would be receiving a more detailed letter. Terry, you would have been proud, I told the manager that I was sorry, but there was no way with the way we'd been treated that I could give any scores higher than 1s. We talked to him for a good while. He was not happy to hear what we'd seen and what we'd been told.

He even said that with our appointment time, that should have been taken care of that day. Other customers that had come in after we did should not have gone through before our car had been taken care of.

I sent both the Service Dept. Manager and Owner a copy of the details as they happened. So, I don't know if anything positive will come from it. I hope they'll deal with the honesty issues first. But now Mike and I can get the kiddos as we need to!

bubba
February 27th, 2018, 07:48 PM
I'm sorry for what you continue to have to go thru. Since paper copies can be ripped up and destroyed, I would urge you to send an email to their headquarters. They like to know how there franchisees are conducting business and may be able to take measures to ensure this does not happen to someone else.

I'm glad you have your car back :D

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 27th, 2018, 07:58 PM
Good for speaking out and expressing your dissatisfaction. I would certainly not go back, at any rate.

grammaterry
February 27th, 2018, 09:01 PM
But Katrina, you can't expect them to offer you anything unless you ASK for something. What would make this better? Free oil changes for 2 years, Tire rotations? , New batterie?, A roadside maintenance program?, You won't get anything unless you ask.

KPH
February 27th, 2018, 09:46 PM
But Katrina, you can't expect them to offer you anything unless you ASK for something. What would make this better? Free oil changes for 2 years, Tire rotations? , New batterie?, A roadside maintenance program?, You won't get anything unless you ask.

I really don't want to be beholding to them.

What I really want is them to fix their business model, to make their employees accountable for their actions. I really don't know if I have enough trust to go back there at all. There is a GM dealership much closer that Howard and I went to for the Silverado's recall. They were so kind and went out of their way to make sure you were kept in the loop of what was happening with your vehicle. The only reason we didn't go there was they didn't have the part and equipment to fix that particular problem, and they said that right up front.

We'll see if they reach out. I doubt it. Mike talked to the owner this afternoon to get his email address. It sounded like he was pretty upset about the situation and would be reviewing the whole situation with the service dept. manager.

nativetexan
February 27th, 2018, 10:54 PM
also see if they are a member of the Better Business Bureau. they are still around and seem to still have some clout. I am going to see if Macy's is there too so i can vent. they are really bad.

KPH
February 28th, 2018, 12:07 AM
I wrote GM Corporate Offices a cover letter and sent a copy of the original letter with it. It's ready to mail in the morning. I'd thought about the BBB earlier, but it had slipped my mind.

Star lover
February 28th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Whew, what an ordeal. You handled it beautifully!