PDA

View Full Version : Tuesday hellos!!!

Monique
February 27th, 2018, 07:12 AM

Well good morning friends. It is supposed to be another wonderful day weather wise. I had a great day yesterday with my friend. Ended up going shopping. First stop was Value Village where I was lucky and got a hand quilting frame for .99 (had no price and missing bolt on the end), 2 panels from Mary Maxim, one snowmen and the other a scarecrow. I haven't checked them out thoroughly yet. Lunch was next and Dottie treated me to lunch. Dollarama was next, picked up a few things there and lastly was a few groceries. Poor Dottie was plum tuckered out but she was so happy to get out. I spoke with one of her daughters later that day and she was very pleased that I had spent the day with her. Dottie has had a hard winter, will illness and family matters. I will have to try and do it a little more often.

Today I have Guild. My snacks are ready to go. Waiting on a call to see who is driving.

Bonnie was busy yesterday. Booked our room in Christiana, PA. Les is looking for spots for us in September.

Tomorrow is all to myself, going to try and completely finish the memory quilt and get it out of here.

Then I need to figure out what I am going to take to work next week. It is a terrible job but someone's got to do!! hahaha

Have a great day everyone.

Star lover
February 27th, 2018, 08:00 AM
Good morning Monique......and everyone!

Hate spiders and it's going to be their season soon...... eeewwww!

So happy Monique you had such a fun and fruitful day! Wow, .99.... a steal! Have fun at Guild today!

Sun......a beautiful thing! It shone so beautifully yesterday. And they're telling us we should have it through today....ahhhhh, love it. And as a bonus, it's suppose to get to 50'!!!!!!!! Woohoo! Then rain and back into the 30's. But sun today!! Love it.

Not much progress quilting. Still sewing on the latest....80 blocks ..... whew, lots to do..... it I think it'll be worth it.

Hope everyone has a fabulous day! Enjoy those around you and be creative! Love and hugs to all!

KPH
February 27th, 2018, 08:33 AM
Good Morning All,

I'm so tickled Monique your friend's family really appreciates all you do for your friend. That's a good warm fuzzy feeling.
Anita, I'm with you about spiders. Who am I kidding, I'm that way about bugs in general.

I woke up early this morning, and I'm sitting here yawning. I'm not sure I got my nap out.

Morgan said that Zeke walked the whole time at the zoo while his big brother rode in the stroller. Esther and Zeke kind of vegetated for a while, then they were ready to eat. So snack was some of Great Grandma Dot's Oatmeal Raisin cookies that she brought in January. I'd stuck the bag in the freezer. I don't like them so hopefully the kids will be here enough to finish them off. They had another one after dinner. Bit by bit, they'll get them eaten.

The boys had the closet fixed in less than 2 hours. I'm so thankful that they were able to take care of that. I can't believe that the track system just pulled out of the wall like it did.

Hoping the airbag in the Vibe is truly fixed and is ready to pick up. The driver is supposed to be here at 10. Then Mike wants to run some errands. lol, like going to the bank. So much fun! How will I ever stand the excitement!

Carol336
February 27th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Good morning Monique, Anita and all who follow. Supposed to be a sunny and 56 here today, I can take that. We have a funeral this morning...husband of a dear high school friend. These things are just coming too darned fast these days.

I'm working on Jenny's Tranquil quilt. Piecing was a dream and I thoroughly enjoyed every minute. FMQ - not so much. First my thread kept breaking and I realized I was using Sulky 30w cotton. Picked all that out and got some Gutterman 50w cotton.....same problem. Rethread everything, Cleaned machine, adjusted all settings....no luck. Finially, I brought everything out to the dining room table to have more room to take the weight off the quilt (59x59) and that seems to have helped some. However, not I'm getting some skipped stitches. I'm about finished the 2nd quadrant....lord help me finish this quilt from hell!!!

I'm making this quilt for DGD. She's a senior at JMU and is very involved in the Safe Rides program. Basically they offer rides to students on the weekends that have been partying just a tad to much.....no questions asked-they'll take them home or even from one party to the next. Anyhoo.....they are having a gala to raise funds for the program and I thought I'd make a quilt for the silent auction....what was I thinking!!!!! The piecing is pretty good, but the FMQ - well lets just say I hope only non-sewers attend this event, lest they get no bids on my quilt. In any case, I made it for them and they're getting it - mistakes and all!!!!

Have a wonderful day everyone.

Bubby
February 27th, 2018, 08:59 AM
Good Morning Everyone,

Monique, so happy you had a wonderful day with your friend. I always feel refreshed when I go out with a GF.

Dottie saw the vet yesterday and the news was not good. The congestive heart failure is progressing rather fast and now Tom can hear the beginning of fluid build-up around her heart. He adjusted her meds and she will be checked again soon. She was in NO mood to be messed with yesterday. She refused to walk for me and she gave everyone the cold shoulder. If anyone spoke to her she would turn her head away and close her eyes. She's rarely in a bad mood, lots of stubborn moods, but a bad mood is rare for her. That's my Girl! Today is her grooming day and I sincerely hope that goes better.

Kat, glad your closet is functioning again. Things like that annoy me, too.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day. I think there might be some sunshine today....wouldn't that be nice!

Ginny B
February 27th, 2018, 09:16 AM
Good morning everyone. We've got sunshine here this morning. Yesterday was a bear of a day at work. Things just weren't working right and then I remembered I had a 2-hour webinar to attend. I really didn't need to take 2 hours of my work time out of my day yesterday. So this morning I am starting my day playing catch up.

Monique, sounds like you had a lovely day yesterday. Barb, so sorry about the news about Dottie. :( Katrina, glad your closet is back in order. Carol, how wonderful that you are making that quilt for the fundraiser. Tranquil.... sounds like a good pattern to work on. I'll have to check it out.

Time to spend a bit of time in my sewing room before heading to work. Have a good day everyone. Be safe all of you dealing with the storms going across the country.

JCY
February 27th, 2018, 10:09 AM
Good Morning, All ~ We had 60 deg. yest. & sunny all day. Lots of melting! I can see most of the lawn now.

Well, I saw my PDP yest. My A1C was up from 5.8 to 6.1. My cholesterol was up a bit. I know what I need to do: eat better, get off my duff & exercise (I need to start walking again), etc. It's just so hard to be self-disciplined. I used to go to the therapy pool at the hosp. & do the treadmill, etc. It's just hard to get away for 3 hrs. 2 days/week with taking care of DH. He gets so anxious any time I go anywhere. Now that the snow & ice mostly are gone, I should be able to resume walking in our neighborhood for 20-30 min./day.

Today is the consult with the new dentist. I'll have to pay out of pocket for this 2nd opinion.

Had a phone chat with one of my friends yest. eve. & learned another acquaintance broke her pelvis -- this was from a fall. That's 2 friends now with fx. pelvises to heal.

Need to get on with my day.

grammaterry
February 27th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Carol, I am more of aware of the problems of FMQ the more I do. I have noticed when the thread breaks it seems I have just gone over a seam. They seem flat but perhaps they are ironed the wrong way. Anyhow, the more seams, the more breakage. The other thing I notice is that sometimes the thread has shreaded and that is almost always the fault of a needle I have used too darn long.
Monique, you always have some fun activities going on. You are out and about. Katrina amd Joy too. I sometimes think maybe I should plan more activities but its so dang far to do anything that I know it will take up the whole day.
I was in the sewing room most of yesterday. It turned cold after lunch and I had to fire up the propane. Sun is shining today so it should warm up pretty soon. I think this is a laundry day. We are so lucky to have modern appliances to do this chore. I remember my mom and aunts would get together to do laundry with an old wringer washer and clothes pins and spend the day boiling water on the stove and lifting that big ol' pot together. Maybe it was a great excuse to spend the day with the sisters. (yeah, right?)

MissMay
February 27th, 2018, 11:04 AM
Coffee is just right so I'll enjoy it while I see what's doing on the forum. Monique you and your friend had a super day, I'm hoping now that we're having some milder weather I can plan a day like that with my Bestie. I'm always leery of walking outdoors when there is ice and snow, perfect for falling like 2 of JCY's.

Katrina, closet sounds really nice, I've been working bit by bit to get my clothes closet easy to use. It probably would be best to eliminate the clothes I take out every season and never wear.

Barb, Hoping Dottie is in a better mood today. Thanks for the weather warning Ginny, think we're due for a Northeasterner later this week. Carol, my DGD Catherine went to JMU, got her BA & MA in 4 years with a semester in Paris thrown in. She was always working on one of the college's community programs.

OK, Time to get a move on, have a good Day.

auntstuff
February 27th, 2018, 11:57 AM
This makes me happy this morning

Star lover
February 27th, 2018, 12:24 PM
This makes me happy this morning

......Me too!

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 27th, 2018, 09:04 PM
Coffee is just right so I'll enjoy it while I see what's doing on the forum. Monique you and your friend had a super day, I'm hoping now that we're having some milder weather I can plan a day like that with my Bestie. I'm always leery of walking outdoors when there is ice and snow, perfect for falling like 2 of JCY's.

Katrina, closet sounds really nice, I've been working bit by bit to get my clothes closet easy to use. It probably would be best to eliminate the clothes I take out every season and never wear.

Barb, Hoping Dottie is in a better mood today. Thanks for the weather warning Ginny, think we're due for a Northeasterner later this week. Carol, my DGD Catherine went to JMU, got her BA & MA in 4 years with a semester in Paris thrown in. She was always working on one of the college's community programs.

OK, Time to get a move on, have a good Day.

I hear you, May, about going out inbad weather. Last year, I slipped on steps and pulled hamstring and messed up my knee and hip. Nothing broken, but soft tissue damage took a lot of physio to get better. Now it's a weakness. My husband, who never falls (I'm the klutz) fell slipped on ice 3 times last week. The last one, fell forward on his knee has turned him into my patient.