PDA

View Full Version : Oh Yeah!

KPH
February 26th, 2018, 10:16 PM
Well, yesterday's Oh No cost me a meatloaf, mashed potatoes and green bean dinner, but the closet is fixed. The shelving brackets DS#1 had left over from fixing the shelving in his master closet. They found the studs, and screwed directly into them with 2" screws. They'd put in the first set of brackets and realized there probably not any drywall screws holding the drywall onto the studs. Ask me if I'm surprised!

The shelves are all up, the stacks of stuff can stay on the floor, because Grandma had the two youngest kids all afternoon!

The guy called at 3:45 about the Vibe. I don't know if he realized what he said... they just pulled it into the bay. Really? The appointment was for Friday morning? You just pulled it into the bay to fix. Not pleased. They don't have shuttle drivers after 3, so tomorrow at 10 they're supposed to be here to pick us up to get the Vibe back. I hope it's a gold plated air bag, as long as this has taken. I'm definitely calling my cousin that owns a dealership in SC to get the name of someone in district management to write a letter to. To me, this isn't the way to run a successful business.

Blessings are many, DH's pension survivor check arrived today, Feb and March payment. April's will be direct deposit. Vibe is going to be ready in the morning. Shelves are up and ready to be filled again. Fabric for Chris's throw will arrive on Wednesday. Kids had a great day with their Mom at the zoo. We got some rain. And I'm still full from a great dinner with my family.

Mimi_Howard
February 26th, 2018, 10:32 PM
Glad to hear everything seems to be fixed. My girl friend at work was forgotten about by the dealer repair dept. She called at 4;30 and said where is the driver, he is hour late... well he forgot about her and had left for the day. The supervisor came and got her and was so apologetic.. asked what can we do to make this up to you. (Last year they had to put new engine in, their mistake on a repair and it cause her engine to blow. A long distance 3 hour tow she had to do.) She said I need 2 new tires and they said give them a week and they would do it. She really didn't think they would follow through. The next week they called and asked if they could come and get her car at work and put new tires on it. They picked up her car, 2 new tires and brought it back to her at work.

KarenC
February 27th, 2018, 12:14 AM
Glad to hear everything seems to be fixed. My girl friend at work was forgotten about by the dealer repair dept. She called at 4;30 and said where is the driver, he is hour late... well he forgot about her and had left for the day. The supervisor came and got her and was so apologetic.. asked what can we do to make this up to you. (Last year they had to put new engine in, their mistake on a repair and it cause her engine to blow. A long distance 3 hour tow she had to do.) She said I need 2 new tires and they said give them a week and they would do it. She really didn't think they would follow through. The next week they called and asked if they could come and get her car at work and put new tires on it. They picked up her car, 2 new tires and brought it back to her at work.

Well you can't say they don't care about her business. That's a deal, but then again, they did mess up twice on your friend, big time.

Katrina, I definitely think you should write that letter. I had an oil change place mess up on my car. What they didn't know was that I did their payroll and worked for the HR manager that supported their division. The division manager had a visit to the store and then I got a phone call to come by for reimbursement for the new battery I had to purchase.

Star lover
February 27th, 2018, 08:08 AM
So thankful for you Katrina......it's easier to get on with things when other stuff falls into place. So sweet of your sons to fix up the shelves. and getting your check must feel great.......now if they would only make good at the repair place......wonders can happen........praying things work out for you soon.

grammaterry
February 27th, 2018, 11:20 AM
It seems the squeaky wheel is the only one that gets greased. You go to it. I complained about the wear on my tires and they gave me a great compensation for another set. I think we need to remember to be kind when we complain and not complain about every little thing. Also good to compliment when things go well

KPH
February 27th, 2018, 11:24 AM
The closet is back in order! Yippee! The driver should be here soon, best to get Mike up so he'll be human. The sun is shining and just about all the destruction caused by the short people is cleaned up. They pulled out the bag with 300 foam blocks (I'm still finding blocks under furniture that were missed in last night's clean up).

Finches are singing at the bird feeder. Best get busy again.

Claire Hallman
February 27th, 2018, 11:56 AM
Glad things are getting fixed.
Studs work so much better than sheetrock anchors to hold anything the least bit heavy.
I drove a Vibe for 11 years and loved it, I hope the new Escape lasts as well. You will not notice the airbag recall fix but hopefully they did it right with all that extra time.