PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little sad

Hulamoon
February 25th, 2018, 10:49 PM
Not asking for prayers. I just found out a room mate I had when I first moved here just committed suicide. From the little I found out out she had thyroid cancer. Her husband and her got into a fight and she went out to the yard and shot herself. That's all I know.

The person I knew would never have thought of doing this. I'm at a loss to know what to think and feel. I never knew someone that did this before.

snippet
February 25th, 2018, 11:02 PM
Oh wow, that would be shocking. I just think about how extreme the person must have felt - whether it is depression or illness or something else. How very sad, it breaks my heart.

KPH
February 25th, 2018, 11:15 PM
It's hard to understand what's going through someone else's mind.

Kgrammiecaz
February 25th, 2018, 11:16 PM
I am so sorry to hear of such a tragic loss. How sad that she felt so horrible to take her life. A close family friend of ours committed suicide many years ago. It was impossible to imagine him even thinking that way. There is really never an answer to the why. Sending hugs your way.

Grey Lady
February 25th, 2018, 11:27 PM
Lorie,
I'm so sorry for this. While you can never know their thoughts, try to think about the joy you and your friend shared. That is never lost.

Cokie
February 25th, 2018, 11:41 PM
I'm so sorry for the loss of your friend. When I was in high school, my best friend's father shot himself in the basement of their home on a Sunday afternoon. He was a career military officer, had a beautiful, loving wife and three daughters. He was an elder in our church, and he & his wife often sang together. Seemed to have everything going for him and everything to live for. You just never know what kind of pain someone might be in. So very, very sad that people feel so desperate. Sending you a hug, Lorie.

cv quilter
February 25th, 2018, 11:42 PM
Lorie, these things are SO difficult to understand. No one may ever know what she was feeling at the time. As a friend you are saddened and rightly so. Be strong and give support to her family. I'm sorry Lorie for the loss of your friend. Thinking of you at this time. She will always be your friend and be happy for the memories she and you had to share.

jjkaiser
February 25th, 2018, 11:43 PM
I feel so sad for you. My sister also committed suicide. Did not even leave a note. You will always have questions about it that are never answered. My heart grieves for her family.

Carlie Wolf
February 26th, 2018, 12:01 AM
I'm so sorry to hear this Lori.

Debbie Watters
February 26th, 2018, 12:19 AM
Sorry to hear about your friend. Remember the good times you had with her ... good thoughts for you and her family ...

KarenC
February 26th, 2018, 12:20 AM
So sorry to hear this. May you treasure the happy times that you remember of her. Like others have said, it is hard to know what makes others think this is the best way out.

Sandy Navas
February 26th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Words escape me - hugs to you and prayers for her family.

LLLinda
February 26th, 2018, 12:42 AM
My brother committed suicide because of circumstances of his marriage. While the family was devastated I felt relieved for him as he was in total despair.

grammaterry
February 26th, 2018, 01:06 AM
I guess sometimes life just overwhelms the sanity of our life. You'll never really know, just know that whatever it was was too much for her to bear.

Star lover
February 26th, 2018, 08:03 AM
Lori, I know you didn't ask for prayer, but I'm going to anyway.....suicide never has a good answer.....warm thoughts of the good times will help down the road....for now BIG hugs.

Monique
February 26th, 2018, 09:02 AM
So sorry for your loss Lori. Suicide happens all too often. It is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

bakermom
February 26th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Sorry for your loss. something like this really leaves you shaken.

JCY
February 26th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Sending hugs, thoughts & prayers your way. My first husb. committed suicide, so I've been there, done that. It's not an easy road, but God gave me strength to get through the days ahead. I had 2 pre-school boys to keep me focused & busy & a lot of family support.

SuzanneOrleansOntario
February 26th, 2018, 10:22 AM
It is such a sad situation and no one can truly understand what a person is thinking. It is those that remain who will also continue to suffer their loss, and guilt to not have seen the signs. Try to remember the fun times that you had together.
I'm so sorry for everyone else who posted about a suicide of a family member of friend.

sew-what2015
February 26th, 2018, 10:23 AM
So sorry to hear this, Lorie. It happens way too much and it always difficult to understand.

Suzette
February 26th, 2018, 01:53 PM
Keeping this in my prayers for all who knew and loved her and are now struggling to understand...

Hulamoon
February 26th, 2018, 07:33 PM
Thanks. I'm feeling less queasy today. Since I lived with her I just couldn't get the image out of my head. I only found out because my stepdd came over and told me. She knew my friend since she was four and ironically her husband and father in law hired my friend and husband to work at their cabinet/ wood working company. I probably wouldn't of known if it wasn't for that.

I might never know the why's of this, but I wish I would of kept in contact with her, :(

Star lover
February 27th, 2018, 08:03 AM
So sad not to know why.......it probably wouldn't help the pain everyone and you are going through and will continue to go through. Just know that we're here and I'm sending big hugs over the ocean to you. I'll continue to pray for you too.