PDA

View Full Version : Oh No!

KPH
February 25th, 2018, 09:57 PM
I was tickled finishing up the Mother's Day Swap Mug Rugs this afternoon. I was going into my sewing room to look at the fabric for my quilt sitting up on the shelf in the closet. Something just didn't look right. A couple of the shelves were tilted. So, I started trying to figure out why they'd be tilted, there's really not much weight on those shelves. Low and behold the whole track system was pulled out from the wall. DH put three tracks in with heavy anchors. Some had pulled the whole anchor out of the wall, some had sheared off leaving part of the anchor and screw in the wall. Two of the three tracks were pulling away from the wall.

I called DS#1 because DS#2 had already left for work. I told him what was happening and started emptying the shelves. DS#1 couldn't believe his eyes. He was like, those are heavy duty anchors... shouldn't have pulled through like that. Nothing weighed that much on the shelves. The heaviest stuff was on the floor! He's planning what to do.

So now they still have the storm door to finish, my closet to fix and the trim under the sliding glass door to replace.

Well, My sewing room is a mess, that's for sure.

jjkaiser
February 25th, 2018, 10:50 PM
Wow that is sure weird that pulled off the wall. Fabric isn't that heavy! You must feel like Humpty Dumpty.

Kgrammiecaz
February 25th, 2018, 11:17 PM
Oh my. The fabric needed some attention maybe LOL.

Cokie
February 25th, 2018, 11:43 PM
Wow - glad no one was hurt! Hopefully they can fix it quickly for you.

Debbie Watters
February 26th, 2018, 12:25 AM
Sometimes crazy things just happen! Hope none of the fabric was injured as it was tilted! (LOL)

KarenC
February 26th, 2018, 12:28 AM
Wow. Glad you found it when you did. I must say that although I've never met you in person, you seem to be the type of person that just takes everything in stride. I think there would be possibility for some drama in my house.

LLLinda
February 26th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Your house must be settling for that to happen I would think.

grammaterry
February 26th, 2018, 01:10 AM
Seems like if its not one thing its three more. Maybe this is the end of the fixits and life will resume its normal rhythm

chelea
February 26th, 2018, 02:42 AM
That happened to me once...I opened my walk-in closet only to find the wire shelving/clothes bar had detached from the wall and 12 ft of hanging clothes, shoe boxes, bags etc were in a heap on the floor. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry. The wire shelving was really too flimsy so we went to a business supply overstock store and got the fixtures they have in stores. Problem solved.

Bubby
February 26th, 2018, 06:47 AM
How odd and frustrating. To quote our plumber, "Anything can break at any time." So now you have a mystery to solve.

Star lover
February 26th, 2018, 08:08 AM
Well......maybe be it's time to use some of that fabric.....I've always been told.....everything happens for a reason......sometimes we never know the reason! Hopefully everything will be ship shape for you soon.